Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #1345
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Good news, I suppose. Looking forward to seeing new pics of new car with new mods from new favorite vendors installed. In a new thread. This one is a monster.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #1346
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
Just a quick update for everyone...

1. I never demanded a new car. I merely stated that I should not HAVE to be forced to buy a new [read "different"] car when mine was totaled through no fault of my own. If I had been driving the car, I would accept the loss.

2. The difference in price between a good, used 2012 ZL1 and a new 2013 ZL1 is only about $5-6K considering rebates, etc.

3. Yes, the OP really was to just let everyone know what happened to #1635 that appeared on the ZL1 registry many months ago.

4. We actually made 3 payments on the car while the car was in the dealer's possession while they tried to figure out what to do about the paint issues [read "left the car there for weeks on end without actually doing anything."] I believe the last time I drove the car was the weekend of October 25, 2013.

5. GM and Berger Chevrolet (Grand Rapids, Michigan) have stepped in and are paving [not paying] the way for a new 2013 ZL1 to be sent to First State Chevrolet for me to purchase.

6. We have apologized to many of the employees at First State for the actions taken by many of the people who have been infuriated by this whole story and have called First State to voice their opinions. Anyone who thinks the dealership has not been affected by all of this must have his head in the sand.

7. We want to thank everyone for their support. We never expected this to take on a whole life of its own. A special thanks goes out to the suppliers who have so graciously stepped up to provide parts at their own expense to help ease the heartache we have experienced in this ordeal.

8. I am not the biggest tech guy out there, and I have never made it a practice to post on forums, don't have a Facebook page, etc. But I do plan to stick around on this forum, and I hope to meet many of you in person at various events.

9. When the situation is resolved, I will post photos of the new car. I understand that it will be about two weeks before the insurance check is cut, the old car is paid off, the new car arrives, and a new purchase contract will be signed by my wife and I for the PURCHASE of our new ZL1.

Thanks,
JRH (jhoop302)
Absolutely freakin beautifully awesome!
I knew Scott would come through for you!!
Enjoy your new ride and keep us posted on the new Mods you have!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:59 PM   #1347
smackdownCTSV

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
I'm not concerned - we've already had a GMer say GM is involved, as did the OP. GM isn't dropping the ball on this one...

Now it's just waiting for the super-slow wheels to turn.

Personally, if I were GM + Dealer, I'd get the car into 1st State, and spot it to Hoop to get him in it as fast as possible. They spot on new deals, they can spot on this one. Good will and all...
A couple days is one thing, a couple weeks is another. Anything can happen in that time. Hope all goes well, nice to see steps are taken in the right direction towards a resolution. Still curious about the specifics. Hope they aren't making him pay $10K + $2K tax + $1K dealer BS fees. So, I'm holding off on the celebration until it's official, not just a proposal.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #1348
Paveltolz

Drives: 1996 Chevy K1500 Silverado
Congratulations JHoop. You're going to need new flooring after all the pacing you'll be doing waiting for it to arrive. Best wishes for many happy miles of motoring. Come out for the Salt Flat runs some time.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #1349
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
way to go Berger Chevy!

congrats JHoop!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #1350
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerJPowell View Post
"Efficiency is made up of money spent while driving and time spent while driving. The zl1 is several times faster than the volt. Time is money. Your time is more valuable than money. Priceless in fact. Also, the camaro has 5 star crash ratings all around. It's a tank. Way safer than the volt. The zl1 is superc... super cool. Soooo I got you this super efficient and safe zl1. Because your time and safety are priceless to me. *kiss* *hand keys* *walk away*"
Damn. How much shit do you people get away with over your spouses???

I am IMPRESSED!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #1351
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerJPowell View Post
"Efficiency is made up of money spent while driving and time spent while driving. The zl1 is several times faster than the volt. Time is money. Your time is more valuable than money. Priceless in fact. Also, the camaro has 5 star crash ratings all around. It's a tank. Way safer than the volt. The zl1 is superc... super cool. Soooo I got you this super efficient and safe zl1. Because your time and safety are priceless to me. *kiss* *hand keys* *walk away*"

Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #1352
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Berger Chevy needs a deal on a banner here!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #1353
Reineke

Drives: 2010 SW Camaro 2SS RS 6M
I hope they keep the "by Berger" emblem on it for you!!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #1354
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
Damn. How much shit do you people get away with over your spouses???

I am IMPRESSED!
Lol! That would not fly. Guaranteed. Comedic value only!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #1355
Dupo24

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
There are a whole bunch of new people in this thread due to external links. If you're only here to call someone out then maybe you're in the wrong place. Please take a look at the site rules... specifically #1
I came here via jalopnik, then from a friends fb post. I just signed up to show my support for the Hoopers. I was super pissed to read that the dealership talked shit about the Hoopers to the writer at Jalopnik. I love the camaros. somedyay I may buy one and become an active member here. Cheers!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #1356
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Glad to see everything is on the road to getting worked out. Too bad the dealership didn't do anything and GM/Berger had to step in ... the negative press will unfortunately last much longer. Remember that bad news travels much faster and further than good news

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #1357
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I'm guessing that Berger was the dealer that happened to have the right color and optioned ZL1 to match his old car.

Glad to hear a resolution has been reached.!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #1358
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
Great to see this was finally resolved.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1