Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-02-2022, 06:37 PM   #85
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Life’s all about choices. I could be sitting in freezing cold New Jersey with a rusty car where i was born. But I’m living in sunny Southern California with a non-rusty car.
You're right, it absolutely is... and I'd choose to never live in CA, FL, TX...etc... I love the 4 seasons. I couldn't live where the only seasons are hot and hotter... But hey... that's me...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:43 PM   #86
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
You're right, it absolutely is... and I'd choose to never live in CA, FL, TX...etc... I love the 4 seasons. I couldn't live where the only seasons are hot and hotter... But hey... that's me...
I cant stand hot and hotter either. Tried Texas and AZ yuk. But California, where I live the weather is near perfect year-round. Two weeks ago took my wrangler up to the snow about 45 minutes away had a blast came home and had a barbecue in 70° weather. Water ski , surf and snow ski in the same day! Lol That’s what makes California very unique. I ride a motorcycle almost every day here. Don’t think I could give that up. It was 84° here yesterday went for ride up the coast. Awesome

Last edited by RealG; 03-02-2022 at 06:54 PM.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:49 PM   #87
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Supposed to be in the 40's over the weekend and both days rain. I hope they are right and we get enough rain to wash the salt off the roads. If we do, I'll go to my storage unit and grab the car. Extended forecast is still cooler temps, but as long as the salt is off the roads and no snow in the forecast, it will be time to grab the Camaro. I have All Season tires, so I don't care about the cooler temps. The only real snow left around here is the piles from plowing or areas that don't see a lot of sunlight. Spring is coming... . I love this time of the year. Getting the car back out and the Harley out again... It's like getting new todays every spring.

I once had a project in PA during the winter/spring and it was just peculiar to me to see snow drifts near the middle of April. It was nice to fly home for the weekends and see 60s-70s. But turn around during the workweek I was seeing sub teen temps. Not sure how some of you guys do it.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:56 PM   #88
jamala00

Quote:
I cant stand hot and hotter either. Tried Texas and AZ yuk. But California, where I live the weather is near perfect year-round. Two weeks ago took my wrangler up to the snow about 45 minutes away had a blast came home and had a barbecue in 70° weather. Water ski , surf and snow ski in the same day! Lol That’s what makes California very unique. I ride a motorcycle almost every day here. Don’t think I could give that up. It was 84° here yesterday and I went for ride up the coast. Awesome
That's awesome...! I couldn't live in CA for other reasons, but if I started to talk about those this thread would get shut down.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #89
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I once had a project in PA during the winter/spring and it was just peculiar to me to see snow drifts near the middle of April. It was nice to fly home for the weekends and see 60s-70s. But turn around during the workweek I was seeing sub teen temps. Not sure how some of you guys do it.
I've lived in WI my whole life. Ever since I could drive/ride I've had a motorcycle or sport car, something that I stored for the winter months. Snow in April is very rare. I always have my toys out in April. Ya, for sure it can get cold, but I have family in TX and have been down there. Galveston Island Area. It was miserable, it was so hot & humid. Went back to their place and didn't leave the house again until it was time to go back to the airport to come home. Haven't been back since.. LOL. I guess that's why there are so many different areas/temps as we all like something a bit different.

I will admit, the older I get the less I can tolerate the cold, but I don't mind the snow. By Feb, I'm ready for it to be over, get cabin fever.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:21 PM   #90
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
That's awesome...! I couldn't live in CA for other reasons, but if I started to talk about those this thread would get shut down.
I feel the exact same way as you inside. Unfortunately its like CA is running the country now, So decided to stay here and at least get the good weather because I think the negative sides of CA is coming to every state. Of course not being able to talk about anything in public doesn’t help the situation.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:42 PM   #91
jamala00

Quote:
I feel the exact same way as you inside. Unfortunately its like CA is running the country now, So decided to stay here and at least get the good weather because I think the negative sides of CA is coming to every state. Of course not being able to talk about anything in public doesn’t help the situation.
All I can say is I hope you're not right. As long as you can come to terms with it and like you said... enjoy the good weather. That's all that matters. At some point I think I'll end up further south, but it won't be for a good number of years yet. (That's if I can even get my wife to move away from her family) That's a whole other obstacle.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:49 AM   #92
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
I've lived in WI my whole life. Ever since I could drive/ride I've had a motorcycle or sport car, something that I stored for the winter months. Snow in April is very rare. I always have my toys out in April. Ya, for sure it can get cold, but I have family in TX and have been down there. Galveston Island Area. It was miserable, it was so hot & humid. Went back to their place and didn't leave the house again until it was time to go back to the airport to come home. Haven't been back since.. LOL. I guess that's why there are so many different areas/temps as we all like something a bit different.

I will admit, the older I get the less I can tolerate the cold, but I don't mind the snow. By Feb, I'm ready for it to be over, get cabin fever.

Dallas summers can be brutally hot, but I much prefer the heat over the muggy heat. Houston for instance, I would never want to live there as the mugginess is so oppressive. I have family there as well, and remember as a kid you get out of the shower and it feels like you need another shower with how horribly muggy it feels. While cold climates usher in women in spandex, the warmer climates invite less clothing. And while I'm a big fan of spandex (not on all women, of course), in this case less is more.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:35 PM   #93
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

We didn't get any hotter than the low 60s today in Dallas. I can only imagine that it means you northern plains guys got 20 feet of snow? Very weird weather, but I figured I'd take the Camaro out today and let her breathe in some cool air one last time this season.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:17 AM   #94
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
We didn't get any hotter than the low 60s today in Dallas. I can only imagine that it means you northern plains guys got 20 feet of snow? Very weird weather, but I figured I'd take the Camaro out today and let her breathe in some cool air one last time this season.
No snow here in WI. Looks like after today spring is finally arriving. I see we are even suppose to hit 80 next Tues. But... temps are on an upward swing... Finally!!
Old 05-04-2022, 08:00 AM   #95
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
We’re apparently in our last winter blast after it’s been 80s all week.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:21 AM   #96
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Been in the 70's-80's. Had to take the truck today. But have been cruising around playing some Aerosmith and 80's bands with the sunroof open and windows down.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:41 AM   #97
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Um, there are more places to live in CA than LA and SF…

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:43 AM   #98
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I cant stand hot and hotter either. Tried Texas and AZ yuk. But California, where I live the weather is near perfect year-round. Two weeks ago took my wrangler up to the snow about 45 minutes away had a blast came home and had a barbecue in 70° weather. Water ski , surf and snow ski in the same day! Lol That’s what makes California very unique. I ride a motorcycle almost every day here. Don’t think I could give that up. It was 84° here yesterday went for ride up the coast. Awesome
Did you try Prescott, Payson, Flagstaff, etc.? If you move to the looney-tunes desert floor of Phoenix you kind of get what you deserve.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote