Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 11-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #57
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhreddT View Post
WOW!
Very nice ride, did you build it? Would love to hear that thing make a pass.
Are you gong to be able to meet emissions with the tune, always assumed Cali is pretty tight, limiting the amount you can bump up with aftermarket. My area has pretty tough emission standards, so can't get too radical.
There are a number of aftermarket exhausts that maintain the NPP valve, will still run pretty quiet, especially if you set it to tour mode. Probably worth 15-20 HP anyways.
Some pics of my daughter's 69. We rebuilt the motor and trans last winter and took it to some local cruise nights this past summer before she headed to school. She has an appreciation for older muscle cars (gets it from her daddy)
Yes, I did the build.

One of the reasons I am keeping the exhaust stock is to be sure I can pass emissions. Short of the CAI, the other upgrades should not pose a problem. With emissions. An easy swap of the air box and a stock tune and I should be golden with emissions.

That is a beautiful car. Lucky daughter.
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #58
PhreddT
Drive fast, take chances.

Drives: 69 Z/28, 85 SS Monte, 01 2500HD
What motor did you build for it? I like the intake setup, sharp! It looks really clean, nice job with the build.
Have you been driving the ZL1?
Old 11-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #59
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
Ford Racing Aluminator XS Coyote motor. Running it with an AEM Infinity ECU (E-85/Flex, traction control, launch control, no lift shift, etc). Tremec TKO 5 speed.

No, haven't driven the ZL1 other than directly to my detailer. Still at his shop. Should be done in the next couple of days.

How many miles you have on yours?
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:54 AM   #60
PhreddT
Drive fast, take chances.

Drives: 69 Z/28, 85 SS Monte, 01 2500HD
Just turned 600 this weekend, wasn’t the best of weather, but I just had to drive. Also was the first time I played with some of the Competitive Drive Modes. Have been driving with the nannies on, to get used to the feel of the car. It was too cold to really notice anything, the tires are like solid plastic until the warm up. But, I had some fun anyway.
Waiting for some lift points to ship from ZL1 Addons, then off to the shop for the Xpel, then tucked away for the winter. It is going to be a long winter.