Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
Pet Peeves (driving)

So for the gazillionth time, as I'm waiting to pull out onto a street, the person approaching me, from a good distance away, but not enough distance for me to pull out safely, takes a left/right in front of me without using their blinker. TOOLS... every one of them.... Is even better when they are also on the phone.

Also gets me going when people who aren't handicapped (no handicapped plate/sticker) park in a handicapped spot while someone in the car goes into the store.

I'm no angel, but I follow the rules...

Anyone else have any driving pet peeves that make you shake your head/want to decapitate the other driver?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
nosrettap58
nosrettap58

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible
You should drive in Montana!
nosrettap58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I hate it when my beer won't fit in the cup holder with my cold cup.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I hate it when my beer won't fit in the cup holder with my cold cup.
good one.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
when you are in the drive-thru and you hit the yellow pole next to the window and break your side view mirror off.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #6
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
People (usually a woman) in huge SUVs blabbing on the phone totally oblivious to driving.
I have to say in this day and age you can't pick on only women in SUVs. It seems like everyone is doing something other than driving these day.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
Deemos

Drives: 2010 CGM M6 LS
The one that pisses me off is sitting at a 4-way intersection with only 2-way for stop signs waiting for traffic to make a left, and some of the guys oncoming will speed up to kinda make it so you wont pull out in front of them then freaking slow down to a crawl as they drive past. Pisses me off to no end watching them go about 45 then slow down to 20.

When I was in Texas the other thing (dangerous as hell too btw,) was what my friends
and I called the Texas left/right. It's when the dumb ass in question decides he wants to make a left/right turn from the furthest away lane across all the lanes of traffic usually involving in the rest of us freaking out at this car that technically should be there and at that angle.

In Arizona we got the cruise controllers as I like to call em. They only know 1 damn speed and that's 70mph. They'll sit there holding up traffic going 70mph in a 75mph zone but when they enter the construction zone and you slow down accordingly to stay legal, they are now up your ass still trying to go 70mph now in a 55mph construction zone with fines doubled and highway patrol usually everywhere on the highway. Pisses me off because first they were freaking like "Driving Miss Daisey" when they could have gone a little faster so the rest of us aren't swerving around them then all of a sudden they wanna go "Dukes of Hazard" in the double fine zone where it becomes a felony. I still don't understand Arizona drivers. Most will only speed when the penalty to do so doubles and can get you arrested.
Deemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #8
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Sorry! My bad I knew if I wasn't 100% PC I'd get told. God forbid I say something negative about women. Sorry but it's my observation and a pet peeve of mine okay?
jeez, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #9
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
People driving the speed limit or slower in MY hammer lane on the interstate.

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #10
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post
People driving the speed limit or slower in MY hammer lane on the interstate.

Really!!!!
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #11
bobmac427

Drives: 2008 Z06
My work has me on a 2 lane highway (one way) for about 35 miles. Some days I pass more folks on the right than on the left. Not sure what the big deal is driving slow in the passing lane. And this with no one in the right lane. When you come up behind them they won't move over and just sit in the left lane. Usually they're on the phone, eating, or texting. After a few years I would have to say CT and NY drivers are the biggest left lane campers that don't want to move over.

And people in handicapped parking...If I have the time, I take my camera out and start snapping pictures of the car. You should see this jerks scramble for their car....it's waaaay tooo funny.
bobmac427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
SaintTimothy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
10) People not using signal lights
9) People that hit their brakes BEFORE turning on their signal lights
8) People that slow to 30 mph on the highway THEN get off on the exit ramp
7) People that go 30 mph on a highway entrance ramp all the way to the end THEN try to speed up to merge
6) People on their phones oblivious to everything around them
5) People that can’t maintain a constant speed (with no other traffic around)
4) People turning from the wrong lane/not using a center turn lane when available
3) People driving slowly, and then the 1st chance you have to get around them, they speed up
2) People that have to come to a complete stop to make a right-hand turn and/or have to swerve out to the left to make a right-hand turn
1) People not driving in the proper lane for the speed they are moving

Ordered 10/18/08
Delivered - 6/19/09
SaintTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Driveing in the Left lane when right lane is free. I cant stand people that do that.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
A horrible problem here in Saskatoon... we have a double lane road called Circle Drive. Kind of a ring road around the city. I HATE it when two people are driving side by side at the exact same speed (usually lower than the speed limit) and blocking both lanes.

I've actually honked at people to GTF out of the way.