Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-28-2024, 01:27 PM   #15
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
NOT a fan of the run flats so far. The Pirellis on the 14 were better. Slot car is a good mental picture. I drove FM 4 in sport mode and it was bumpier than I remember but the corners scared my wife so I know we were pushing it.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:15 PM   #16
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Regarding cost to replace....it's a pretty easy job to do yourself. I know not everyone turns wrenches, but if you DO.....just sayin'. Parts shouldn't be TOO too bad. Quick google looks like around $1200 to $1300. Not chump change, but not too bad either.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:41 PM   #17
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
MRC was one of the options I wanted when I bought my 2024 2SS. I really liked the ride the few miles I put on the car before getting rid of it.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:50 PM   #18
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Once I drove one with MRC, then a C7 Vette with it, I will never buy a Camaro without it...
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:12 PM   #19
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I just noticed my passenger's side rear shock is, at least, showing weeping. I have less than 4K miles on it... Driver's side is clean as a whistle.

I am not pleased about it. I've read they can do that from time-to-time, and to clean the shock body, and check back a little down the road. We'll see...
Any chance you can provide a pic of what a "weeping" (leaking?) shock (looks like? I have the wheels off mine fairly regularly (I track it) and would like to know what specifically to look for and where exactly.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:02 PM   #20
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Any chance you can provide a pic of what a "weeping" (leaking?) shock (looks like? I have the wheels off mine fairly regularly (I track it) and would like to know what specifically to look for and where exactly.
Here is what my front passenger side MRC strut looked like after my 1LE was hit on the passenger side front fender and wheel. Thankfully insurance paid to replace it. It appeared to have a small leak as it was wet (weeping) on the bottom. The car had 4,000 miles on it at the time. The driver's side was dry as a bone.

Name:  20230402_131546.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  248.8 KB
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)

Last edited by ZPirate; 03-28-2024 at 08:16 PM.
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:05 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
This isn't the greatest pic', but look for my finger swipe along the vertical axis, right under the boot.

According to a few posts on the one or two threads about this that I found, it's not uncommon, to a degree. There's a lot that I don't know about what my situation though. I hadn't noticed it until days ago, so I don't know how long it's been there. That shock is at full extension, and the weep-"field" is really focused right around my smudge - it didn't wrap around the back of the shock much, and it didn't flow much further down the shock than you really see in the picture (it really stops near the bottom of my smudge). I cleaned it off, and will check back in some weeks and see though. Admittedly - I could have made that mess myself when I was farting around, in the same area, with some spray lubricant (for something else I was trying to address), so it COULD be from that. I don't know...

There's a lot I don't know. I wouldn't try to suggest anyone should worry. I will say that it looks like the GM retail price of this shock (and probably the driver's side, too) is almost $650. BUT - I can find it easily for about $385, which isn't great, but it isn't $650, lol. Maybe the important thing to consider is if it's worth it? Probably - for those fortunate to drive/own an MRC car, many would probably say it is. Personally - I think it is, and it's worth the price of admission for the ways I enjoy the car. Will it be fun to replace any of these in the future (assuming you can find them in 10-years and beyond...)? No. But having the benefits of how GM integrated them into the car is what I like, and having some choice in how the car feels is nice, too.

JMO.
Attached Images

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote