#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-28-2024, 12:16 PM   #15
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
Never seen the 1LE badge there before. How did you do it?
bought the 1LE badge off amazon.
Pulled off the SS badge there since its just taped. I 3D printed a little bracket that is a little larger to fit the 1LE and double sided taped it back in place. looks factory and really have to look to see there is a hint of a 3D print backing

You could probably use the stock SS spot without the new backing just have to place the letters a little closer
8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:19 PM   #16
22SS1LE

Here is a closer look
if I would do it again i would probably custom fit the backing so it outlines the 1LE instead of just a rectangle to look even cleaner but its not super distracting
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2024, 01:25 AM   #17
sab123

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS 1LE
My car has one of these badges, I think from the factory. "1" is reddish/pink and "LE" is black.
sab123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 06:52 AM   #18
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab123 View Post
My car has one of these badges, I think from the factory. "1" is reddish/pink and "LE" is black.
No such factory badge, these are all aftermarket. That said, some of them, such as the one in 2SS1LE's post, look very good indeed.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:29 AM   #19
Wildcard

Drives: Chevy Chevelle SS & Camaro SS 1LE
Found em…in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
I am considering getting that LT1 badge to put on the hood scoop of my 22 SS 1LE like the 24 special edition cars.

However it may be too many badges.

That’s exactly what I’m doing too. It’s amazing how GM neglected the badging on this car properly. Why? Corvette, ZL1, Panther they all have something extra.

Looks like they’re only in china. Probably from the same factory GM sourced them from.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38627093581...3ABFBMxqbNrNFj
Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 12:40 PM   #20
avarshav

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE 6M, 2019 GMC Canyon SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
...you were saying?

They can look absolutely awesome, and as long as you're not upbadging, they definitely don't indicate bad taste.
not trying to start a flame war or insult anyone, every can do what they want with their own car, God bless ya bro. For me, I never plan to sell my car so it doesnt matter, but you do realize by messing with the stickers on your car, you are reducing its value for essentially no reason?

I'm just saying the car is perfect as it is. Adding badges to this car in my view, just degrades it. Any non-stock badge is upbadging IMHO. Every Camaro guy knows what a 1LE is, and those that don't, wont care. I get lots of compliments on mine and all the badges are factory. If you do performance mods and want to put some performance badges on it, I totally get that. But to add badges to an otherwise stock car, well, is very "ricey" and degrades the car. Last thing I would want to do is rice up my camaro. Just my opinion as a lover of these cars, I've had 2 of them now, and plan to keep the 1LE till I'm dead. But if you are in the market for a used camaro, and see two of them, one has a bunch of badges that dont belong on it, and the other is an untouched virgin looking car, both otherwise with same miles and year, which one is going to look more appealing to you?

I'm not saying this car is in the same league as a Vette, or a McLaren, but you don't generally see people adding badges to Vettes and McLarens or other high end cars. There's a reason for that. It takes away from the "originalness" of the car and devalues it for nothing other than looking cool?

Last edited by avarshav; 03-29-2024 at 12:50 PM.
avarshav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 12:52 PM   #21
22SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by avarshav View Post
not trying to start a flame war or insult anyone, every can do what they want with their own car, God bless ya bro. For me, I never plan to sell my car so it doesnt matter, but you do realize by messing with the stickers on your car, you are reducing its value for essentially no reason?

I'm just saying the car is perfect as it is. Adding badges to this car in my view, just degrades it. Any non-stock badge is upbadging IMHO. Every Camaro guy knows what a 1LE is, and those that don't, wont care. I get lots of compliments on mine and all the badges are factory. If you do performance mods and want to put some performance badges on it, I totally get that. But to add badges to an otherwise stock car, well, is very "ricey" and degrades the car. Last thing I would want to do is rice up my camaro. Just my opinion as a lover of these cars, I've had 2 of them now, and plan to keep the 1LE till I'm dead. But if you are in the market for a used camaro, and see two of them, one has a bunch of badges that dont belong on it, and the other is an untouched virgin looking car, both otherwise with same miles and year, which one is going to look more appealing to you?

I'm not saying this car is in the same league as a Vette, or a McLaren, but you don't generally see people adding badges to Vettes and McLarens or other high end cars. There's a reason for that. It takes away from the "originalness" of the car and devalues it for nothing other than looking cool?
I can care less what Camaro and non Camaro owners think of my subtle change. Fixing the way it shoulda been from the factory.
HMMMM i paid for it to be a 1LE and it is. So not sure how in your logic its up badging just because someone wants it to say 1LE not SS. If you dont like it move along. Like i said dont care what anyone would think and neither should anyone else in this thread
Old 03-29-2024, 03:39 PM   #22
avarshav

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE 6M, 2019 GMC Canyon SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SS1LE View Post
I can care less what Camaro and non Camaro owners think of my subtle change. Fixing the way it shoulda been from the factory.
HMMMM i paid for it to be a 1LE and it is. So not sure how in your logic its up badging just because someone wants it to say 1LE not SS. If you dont like it move along. Like i said dont care what anyone would think and neither should anyone else in this thread
I aint saying I aint never riced up a car when I was a teenager 30 years ago, but at least call it what it is. Fixing it from the factory? The reason it doesnt say that from the factory, is because it doesn't need to. The look of the car already gives it away. putting stickers on a car to advertise its model, be it actual model or upbadging, however you define it, is the actual definition of ricey. rice ra ra rice a roni.
avarshav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 07:53 PM   #23
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE

Subtle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 05:36 AM   #24
beowulf556

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

I added a 1LE badge to my car, I guess it's devalued? I also tinted the windows so I suppose it's devalued even more? Your logic is flawed my man, badges can come off as easily as they are put on, has zero effect on the value of a car.
2020 Mercedes A35 AMG (Daily)
beowulf556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:23 AM   #25
22SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf556 View Post
I added a 1LE badge to my car, I guess it's devalued? I also tinted the windows so I suppose it's devalued even more? Your logic is flawed my man, badges can come off as easily as they are put on, has zero effect on the value of a car.
He is just some tool who somehow thinks he is someone important on the internet and his word is all.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:56 AM   #26
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I aint saying I aint never riced up a car when I was a teenager 30 years ago, but at least call it what it is. Fixing it from the factory? The reason it doesnt say that from the factory, is because it doesn't need to. The look of the car already gives it away. putting stickers on a car to advertise its model, be it actual model or upbadging, however you define it, is the actual definition of ricey. rice ra ra rice a roni.
Actually, I think you and I have both been around long enough to remember when the ricey term first came into being, and what it was describing:

A compact, 4 cylinder car, usually (but not necessarily) from Japan that had an aftermarket fart muffler installed and an aftermarket wing added to the rear deck. Might have included other after-market body panels being swapped in (front facia, rocker panels, etc). May have also included underglow lighting. Typically the term was applied when the resulting mods were done in attempt to make the vehicle look significantly more sporting than OEM form and were done poorly (fit and finish, or didn't fit well with the OEM aesthetic).

I don't think adding a 1LE badge fits that definition.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 06:39 AM   #27
sklippi2018

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
i like my 1LE badge i put on
First saw the wheels which are normally a "1LE" giveaway then saw the red 1 on the grill ... ingenious. I've seen the side and rear fender emblems and those look good too but this is subtle and pretty slick and outside the box thinkin'.
sklippi2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 07:55 AM   #28
Jc9767

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
He is just some tool who somehow thinks he is someone important on the internet and his word is all.
Everyone has their own taste and can do anything they want with their car. But you can’t argue with facts, mods lower car values. Saying you can take it off proves the point.

My question is why? You know your car is a 1LE, so is the badge for other people? First, other people don’t care about your car, only you do. Second, most people have no clue what a 1LE is. Third, for the people who do know they would know what to look for.

I have seen some LT1 with black hood wrap and spoilers made to look like a 1LE. I take it as a compliment that they like the look of an 1LE. To me that is good for resale. My opinion, the car looks good as it is. It is fine if you think it needs more, but that is also just your opinion.

PS. If someone with an LT1 put a 1LE badge on their car that would be wrong.
Jc9767 is offline   Reply With Quote