Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Hey all, As some of you may know i was chosen as one of 50 special selected Camaro enthusiast to take part in press day at the New York Auto show. First off i want to Thank Al,Scott and Team Camaro for inviting me to this event, it was truly a honor to be there and i will never forget it for the rest of my life.

Soo where were you on 3/27/13?? I was sitting at the end of the end of the 3rd row in the chevy display were all the press were sitting. I was 1 row away from Ed Welburn, Mark Reuss and many other engineers and designers.....I thought i just was going to see the 2014 camaro redesign and some other Chevrolet products but i was wrong....it started with this lady coming around and giving earplugs out...i said to myself they are probably going to rev the engines and dont want your ear drums to go dead.....they actually gave them out because at live reveals the noise of the speakers blasting all the sounds of the Chevrolet video clips is soo loud. We watched Mark talk about Chevrolet and they brought out the SS sedan and then the corvette vert then the 2014 camaro i figured that's it....then Mark says the words i will never forget "we have something very special to show you" I take a gulp of air and immediately smell fuel and have goose bumps. We watch the clip of the white camaro revving the engine then the image of Z/28 comes up, they roll the car out and the crowd goes wild (see video) It was great and the car looked fantastic......he then invites us to come on stage and look at the car and get some pics...i sprinted to the stage (almost got trampled) and took 400pics of the Z28 i had a great spot right up front with cameras and people surrounding me. Soo enough about me lets talk about the car.

First i would like to say when i saw pics of the rear and front i hated it. I can now proudly say after seeing the car in person it looks fantastic and very aggressive. The lights are leds in the rear they did change the headlights and that color as shown on the Z/28 will not make it to production as of now.....also the color on the 2014 camaro ss model is new and looks killer in person! I then sat in the long anticipated recaro seats and man were they comfortable, they wrap around your body soo well you can not move around when going into a corner at 150mph......now the best part under the hood a LS7 that sounds awesome and is very powerful the engine bay looks very neat and clean and everything flows well. The exterior of the car is my favorite part with a new front splitter and a larger rear spoiler that puts alot of downforce when you are on the track or even on the highway. Now to the SS coupe the one thing that i love the most is the new Rs headlights....you might not be able to tell but they put the word CAMARO inside the turn signal section of the headlight. I also love the new taillights they are bright and will be very recognizable when you pull up behind the new Camaro. One thing that caught my eye when i was talking to Scott I looked under the car and they painted the exhaust cans black and they blend into the car much better now.

After the show, Team Camaro invited us to dinner at a Italian place called Bricco the food was great and i got to sit with Mark dickens and Lerick Chissus 2 very important engineers at GM that are on Team Camaro i got a wealth of information about the Z/28 and other stuff. Mark said he drove one of the first Z28's and he said it handles great and there is plenty of power. You can really tell the passion and dedication this team has, and it's great that they connect to the customers soo well..I dont know any other car company that does that! I hope everyone enjoyed the surprise yesterday! One day I hope to be a member of Team Camaro specifically an engineer! Thanks for reading!

KEY DETAILS
- the matte white will not make it to production
- the z/28 will be more expensive than a zl1
- very limited production
- V6 cars will not have the air extractor
- Recarro seats will be an option on ss and zl1 Not sure about v6
- v6 cars will have there own unique fascia
- the painted mufflers might not make it to production (camaro5 tell gm you want it and they will deliver)
- 1le will carry over to the 2014 model year as well as Zl1
- ALL export camaros will have the same taillights and headlights as the usa camaros (mirrors will be different to meet rules across the pond)

Part:1

part:2

yes i did get some pics of the ss but not many because i was too busy with the camaro.......Pete you will have an email shortly! thanks everyone for the comments! Funny you say "future Gm rep in the making....when i grow up i want to work for Gm as a engineer! Hopefully if things will pan out that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
Congratulations on getting to attend such a exciting unveiling !

I was wondering what that hood vent was made out of and hoping it was carbon fiber !

Was it carbon fiber on the SS too ?

Thanks for sharing this with us

great question i think it was on the SS but it was just painted.....i will see what i can find out

thanks guys if it wasnt for all of you i would of not been able to go! thanks for the support in reward MORE PICS
Attached Images

Last edited by camaro2lt; 03-24-2014 at 08:11 PM.
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
more pics

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 155.jpg
Views: 6143
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 184.jpg
Views: 6086
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 312.jpg
Views: 6202
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 191.jpg
Views: 6126
Size:  129.4 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 284.jpg
Views: 6386
Size:  119.0 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 256.jpg
Views: 11255
Size:  135.6 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 301.jpg
Views: 6105
Size:  104.6 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 306.jpg
Views: 6087
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 303.jpg
Views: 6106
Size:  108.8 KB

Name:  New York Auto show press day 3-27-13 239.jpg
Views: 15177
Size:  76.1 KB

Last edited by camaro2lt; 03-29-2013 at 08:16 PM.
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Must have been a blast! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see these new '14 models in person too.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Very cool
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Awesome pics!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Dude, I love your reactions. I'm really jealous. What an experience. I'm liking that Red Rock Color the more I see it and the same with the new front end. You get to say that you're one of the few that have seen and heard a Z/28 in person.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Sweet ! Glad you had a great time, and thanks for sharing!
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Cool pics . Thx for sharing!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
GM keeps surprising on wheel designs as of late. I thought the ZL1 black 10 spokes were the best they've ever designed. These 19's take the cake in ultimate badassery. Especially complimented with the view of the carbon brakes.

Damn what a fine job they did on this car. Thanks to Al, Mark and the rest of the Camaro team for a proper no-frills Z/28. Props to the OP for some great pics.
94turbolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Very nice and awesome trip. But by any chance have any pictures of the new SS?
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
Hey all, As some of you may know i was chosen as one of 50 special selected Camaro enthusiast to take part in press day at the New York Auto show. First off i want to Thank Al,Scott and Team Camaro for inviting me to this event, it was truly a honor to be there and i will never forget it for the rest of my life.

Soo where were you on 3/27/13?? I was sitting at the end of the end of the 3rd row in the chevy display were all the press were sitting. I was 1 row away from Ed welburn, Mark Reuss and many other eginners and designers.....I thought i just was going to see the 2014 camaro redesgin and some other chevorlet products but i was wrong....it started with this lady coming around and giving earplugs out...i said to myself they are probobly going to rev the engines and dont want your ear drums to go dead.....they actually gave them out because at live reveals the noise of the speakers blasting all the sounds of the chevorlet video clips is soo loud. We watched mark talk about chevorlet and they brought out the SS seadan and then the corvette vert then the 2014 camaro i figured thats it....then mark says the words i will never forget "we have something very special to show you" I take a gulp of air and immediately smell fuel and have goose bumps. We watch the clip of the white camaro reving then the image of Z/28 comes up, they roll the car out and the crowd goes wild (see video) It was great and the car looked fantastic......he then invites us to come on stage and look at the car and get some pics...i sprinted to the stage (almost got trampled) and took 400pics of the Z28 i had a great spot right up front with cameras and people surrounding me. Soo enfough about me lets talk about the car.

First i would like to say when i saw pics of the rear and front i hated it. I can now proudly say after seeing the car in person it looks fantastic and very aggresive. The lights are leds in the rear they did change the headlights and that color as shown on the Z/28 will not make it to production as of now.....also the color on the 2014 camaro ss model is new and looks killer in person! I then sat in the long anticipated recaro seats and man were they comfortable, they wraped around your body soo well you can not move around when going into a corner at 150mph......now the best part under the hood a LS7 that sounds awesome and is very powerful the engine bay looks very neat and clean and everything flows well. The exterior of the car is my favorite part with a new front splitter and a larger rear spoiler that puts alot of downforce when you are on the track or even on the highway. Now to the SS coupe the one thing that i love the most is the new Rs headlights....you might not be able to tell but they put the word CAMARO inside the turn signal section of the headlight. I also love the new tailights they are bright and will be very recognizable when you pull up behind the new camaro. One thing that cought my eye when i was talking to scott i looked under the car and they painted the exaust cans black and they blend into the car much better now.

After the show Team camaro invited us to dinner and i got to sit with Mark dickens and Lerick Chissus 2 very important eginneers at gm that are on team camaro i got a wealth of information about the Z/28 and other stuff. Mark said he drove one of the first Z28's and he said it handles great and there is plenty of power....I hope eveyone enjoyed the surprise yesterday! Here are some pics

Part:1

part:2

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I love this thread , future GM rep in the making
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Congratulations on getting to attend such a exciting unveiling !

I was wondering what that hood vent was made out of and hoping it was carbon fiber !

Was it carbon fiber on the SS too ?

Thanks for sharing this with us
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Awesome Richie!!

It was Great to ....
... See You!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote