Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #29
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
If that's the case, why bother with this thread?

BINGO!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #30
nosrettap58
nosrettap58

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Don't feel bad. I acted like a retard once.
nosrettap58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #31
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
say what you guys want, but my hands were tied last year and i had to drive from orange county to LA on a daily basis... 100 miles per day and 22k miles in a single year takes a toll on the car.

in supermans position, he lost 1k on his trade in with 6200 miles and the car being in near perfect condition.

mine was far from that, she had 22k hard miles put on her with dents dings and scratchs from here to the end of the world.

imo, the $1,500 loss was the best possible situation that could have happened.

i can see your point, paying markup on a car that is in a 120k per year production cycle (like the camaro) is a bit silly.

the gt500 was annouced that day limited to 5500 units for 2011.

in the end, i paid 3k markup on a car that cost 55k sticker, ie 6% of the cost of the car. per month on my financing, that comes out to less then 50 bucks; and for the year i plan on keeping it i'm willing to pay the additional cost.

each to his/her own though...

and if there was any official word of a Z28 and it's release date, i would have held on... but at this point, all we have is a paper stuck to the dash of a car covered in some camo gear with new tires and rims on it.

i think we all know that it's coming but i didn't want to keep living/driving/waiting for something that there is next to nothing to hold on to officially.

The thing with paying over MSRP is this. If I remember right last year or the year before they had to give these cars away becaus nobody was buying them. And even so it always seems like there is one of these at every Ford dealer that never ever sells. Low production doesnt mean they are high in demand.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #32
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
I have never really understood the "goodbye" threads... They happen on every forum be it phones, cars, and whatnot...

Personally, if I purchased a Kia Soul to replace my Camaro, I'd just find me a Kia forum to discuss my new pimp ride, and move along enjoying the hamster commercials...

I have to call BS on part of this though... If you really loved and enjoyed your Camaro, you would have never got rid of it except for a next gen or a Z28....

You obviously were not to thrilled with it, and that's fine as it's what makes the world turn... To each their own and as I said earlier, it's your money so spend it however you choose and enjoy whatever it is that makes you happy...

I just don't understand the whole "goodbye" thread... Find you a nice Mustang forum and enjoy your time there...

My .02 (less trade value) LOL
hardly goodbye, i tried looking at the mustang forums... filled with a bunch of kids and back seat drivers.

this place at least has some level headed people in it.

and a quick question, you dont think you'll ever find a car more exciting than your camaro? i was/am more of a die hard camaro fan then many of you even could have been.

the first time i saw the car was back when we had access to the cad data of the concept circa 2006 and produced the first images used by a magazine (motor trend if memory serves correctly)...

believe me, i waited/drooled years for the car... and knew more about its development then 99% of the people on this forum.

but, no matter how excited i got when i took her home from my dealer in arizona; it was still less then when i took the gt500 home last week.

things change, i'm still young and in a year at my age; alot can end up being different 12 months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
The thing with paying over MSRP is this. If I remember right last year or the year before they had to give these cars away becaus nobody was buying them. And even so it always seems like there is one of these at every Ford dealer that never ever sells. Low production doesnt mean they are high in demand.

totally agree, but at the time the announcement was made... more then 3500 had already been sold. my gamble is that the 2011 will for certain sell out well before the year is over (thus my interest in it, with the new aluminum block, 10 more hp, brembo's, hid's standard, 3:73 gears, and traction control; i knew/hoped it would sell out)
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #33

Drives: 2011 5.0L GT
Congrats on the new ride. And as far as cost and what not, it's your money. Spend it on what YOU enjoy. GL.

28 " Buy a hybrid, I need your gas.."
28. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #34
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats!

Not sure what state you're in but GT500's are going for invoice to $1,500 over invoice in PA. Had a quote for $42k + gas guzzler on a 2010 & $47k on a 2011, wound up ordering a 2011 GT instead because I like having 2 new cars (especially considering NE winters).

With company cars, it's better to lease, but you can benefit on purchases if your willing to pay slightly higher liability insurance for the company.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:07 AM   #35
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
well ladies/gents... as my birthday present to myself a week and few days ago...

i said goodbye to #3081, my much loved (and heavily driven) 2010 2SS RS M6 in Victory Red with White Stripes...

hello dark side... 2011 GT500 w/ Track Pack & NAV system in Race Red with White Track Pack Stripes (kinda like that combo...)

----

in the end, with 22k miles on the car and an offer of 33,100 on the table for something i paid 35,835 a year ago only owing 34,400 at the time of trade in... it was a no brainer.

i do miss "scarlet" but i hope in time that she'll end up in a loving owners hands, hopefully as much as my own were.

see ya guys in my rear view! (i kid, i kid!)
You only paid $1435 twd the car in 1 year? Anyway CONGRATS on the new car. I too consider myself to be a domestic enthusiast. If the 2010 had the 5.0 it would have been a tough choice for me as I prefer the Mustang interior. There is no way I could afford the GT500. Post more pics, that will make the thread more interesting.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #36
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
That many miles and that kind of deal, I may have done the same thing. I'd then check on the new Z-28 in a couple!

I hate ford, BTW, but I hate rice worse!
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #37
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Congrats!

Not sure what state you're in but GT500's are going for invoice to $1,500 over invoice in PA. Had a quote for $42k + gas guzzler on a 2010 & $47k on a 2011, wound up ordering a 2011 GT instead because I like having 2 new cars (especially considering NE winters).

With company cars, it's better to lease, but you can benefit on purchases if your willing to pay slightly higher liability insurance for the company.
man, i wish we could get that kind of swing over here...

there's a reason why those are going for so cheap there; here in southern california... you'll be hard pressed into getting one without some markup.

you remember the options on that 2011 for 47k?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #38
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Let me start by saying that you got an awesome car. IT's way more car than the 5th gen.

That said, you are the biggest sucker in the world.

They didn't give you $33,100 for your car. They used some of the $3k markup that you paid to over allow for your Camaro. The sales manager didn't want to have a story to tell either. He just said that to get you to buy.

Paying a markup on any car, especially a GT500 that offers slightly better performance than a 2010 that you could have saved THOUSANDS on, is absolutely retarded.

So, you lost $1500 in negative equity that got added back onto the GT500 note and you paid $3000 over sticker. That's an extra $4500 added on to your car note.

Did they give you a bottle of this to help with the screwing they gave you?

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #39
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
not doggin you man, just doesnt make a lot of sense to me. But you know if you can play the system and get a new sports car like this every year more power to you. Just be careful because you might get bit one of these times
Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #40
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor1 View Post
You only paid $1435 twd the car in 1 year? Anyway CONGRATS on the new car. I too consider myself to be a domestic enthusiast. If the 2010 had the 5.0 it would have been a tough choice for me as I prefer the Mustang interior. There is no way I could afford the GT500. Post more pics, that will make the thread more interesting.
as requested...

Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #41
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

and a quick question, you dont think you'll ever find a car more exciting than your camaro? i was/am more of a die hard camaro fan then many of you even could have been.
Sure my love is fickle just as yours... I did not mean my comments as a slam on your choice... It's your hard earned money, spend it as you choose and enjoy whatever you are driving...

I was not a big Camaro guy before I bought this one... It's actually my 1st Chevy...

For the longest time I was a Jeep nut.. Had like 5 in a row... Then I have always been kind of a Dodge guy.... I had a Shelby Daytona and a Shelby Lancer back in the 80's... I know they were not real Shelby's but you get my point..

When I purchased the Camaro I was not instantly drawn to it... I test drove a Mustang, a Camaro and a Challenger....

I was torn between the Camaro and the Challenger... Never liked the look of the Mustang....

For now, I am thrilled with my Camaro.. Love it, glad I chose it over the other 2.... Not looking back and looking forward I think Chevy has transformed me from a Dodge / Jeep guy to a GM guy...

If I had the cash would I trade my Camaro for a Vett? You betcha.... Would I trade it for a Mustang? NO WAY....
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #42
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
I have never really understood the "goodbye" threads... They happen on every forum be it phones, cars, and whatnot...

Personally, if I purchased a Kia Soul to replace my Camaro, I'd just find me a Kia forum to discuss my new pimp ride, and move along enjoying the hamster commercials...

I have to call BS on part of this though... If you really loved and enjoyed your Camaro, you would have never got rid of it except for a next gen or a Z28....

You obviously were not to thrilled with it, and that's fine as it's what makes the world turn... To each their own and as I said earlier, it's your money so spend it however you choose and enjoy whatever it is that makes you happy...

I just don't understand the whole "goodbye" thread... Find you a nice Mustang forum and enjoy your time there...

My .02 (less trade value) LOL
That is my favorite commercial,,,

Nice photos, I like all of it except for the cutout on the hood, it makes it look like an after thought on anything other than Black. Any pictures of the rear? And if you guys are giving him the business about his numbers, wait until the Z28 hits the lot and people see the value of their trades when they try to get into a Z28. I bet $1300 will be a small fish in the sea compared to what the others will lose, and then still be glad they did.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote