Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #15
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
You can use the differential and axles from a 2.0 with a manual transmission, or LGX car with a manual transmission easily, and fairly cheap. Can't swap the differential without changing the axles also.

At least as far as I'm aware, no one makes an limited slip unit that will go into the stock 2.0/3.6 auto differential, and no one makes aftermarket gears for them.
Jason, just curious if you compared part numbers of Camaro vs ATS. The ATS has the limited slip without the limitation of only being on the Manual trans. Is the ATS limited slip on the auto trans the same part number as the limited slip on the Camaro on the manual trans?
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:31 PM   #16
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
Jason, just curious if you compared part numbers of Camaro vs ATS. The ATS has the limited slip without the limitation of only being on the Manual trans. Is the ATS limited slip on the auto trans the same part number as the limited slip on the Camaro on the manual trans?

ATS rear diff is more akin to the 5th gen camaros. The 6th gen housings are their own animal.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #17
jvillareal1978

Drives: 2017 Camrao 2LT RS
So this may be off topic, but if the auto's have an open diff, how does the traction control work?
jvillareal1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #18
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillareal1978 View Post
So this may be off topic, but if the auto's have an open diff, how does the traction control work?

ECM reduces engine power. I am not sure if there is any abs strategy along with it. On rear wheel drive my experience is no. In any case its still limited slip and there can be some variation in wheel speed from side to side.
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 06:21 AM   #19
jacekpuzio

Drives: Camaro 2.0T 2020
To change the differential from 2.0 ATS to 2.0 Manual with LSD , do I need to change axles as well, or only a differential?
jacekpuzio is offline   Reply With Quote