Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
Midnight Maro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS W/ Kenne Bell 2.8LC SC
Need Help Alpine W910, Imprint H100, Fark Harness.

Hey all, I need some help. Been working on this thing all day.

I've wired up a new radio setup that I purchased via this forum

I have a W910 Head Unit and an Imprint H100 Audio Processor

Everything seems to be wired up correctly. I have the H100 going to the HU via the provided cable and the sub/front/rear cables going back to the FARK harness into the rear amp via RCA as well as a separate sub amp.

If I unplug the FARK harness from the rear amp and power on the Headunit fully, and then plug in the Fark harness back in the system works great with no issues. Sounds great.

However, If I power off the car, and try to power back on the car the system will not turn on. There is a "pop" noise in the speakers as if the Head unit is trying to power on and then power back off.

I've been working on this for most of the day, and unplugging the Fark harness for the Head unit power up is the closest I've come to getting this thing to work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I Have an earlier version of the FARK Harness since I got it back in 2010. I've seen some threads about a resistor or grounding something, but cannot find these install instructions.

Please Help!

1/4: 13.330 @ 105.52 MPH - bone stock
Midnight Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:12 AM   #2
Midnight Maro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS W/ Kenne Bell 2.8LC SC
In case anyone was curious.

Apparently the Imprint H100 was sending a feedback loop during start up via the Fark harness back the the head unit and shutting it down.

I cut all the wires in the Fark harness that were leading to the RCA outs (leaving the orange and white connected) and voila. Full function and the system sounds amazing.

This has been a full day of frustration so hopefully this helps out someone else with the same problem.

1/4: 13.330 @ 105.52 MPH - bone stock
Midnight Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:16 AM   #3
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I had this exact set up 3 years ago, I had zero issues, I installed it myself. Take a picture of your splices, also what did you ground your amps to?
Old 12-29-2016, 01:19 AM   #4
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Maro View Post
In case anyone was curious.

Apparently the Imprint H100 was sending a feedback loop during start up via the Fark harness back the the head unit and shutting it down.

I cut all the wires in the Fark harness that were leading to the RCA outs (leaving the orange and white connected) and voila. Full function and the system sounds amazing.

This has been a full day of frustration so hopefully this helps out someone else with the same problem.
What? I didn't have to cut anything. Please post a pic of your splice. Thanks
Old 12-31-2016, 01:46 PM   #5
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
A FARK harness by itself is only needed when you have a Boston Acoustic factory system and you want to :

1. Add a subwoofer to your factory BA head unit and keep the factory amplifier or

2. Remove the factory BA amp and replace it with an aftermarket amp.

The full FARK kit comes with the RCA interface as well as factory speaker wiring interface.

Since you ran RCA cables from the Imprint unit to your amps, there was no need to use the RCA interface part of the FARK kit.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote