Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-22-2015, 02:04 AM   #43
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Cool

Pun intended

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:42 AM   #44
TobysZL1

Drives: ZL1 Gone but not Forgotten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable vic View Post
I think it looks awesome. I like the way space is creatively used, and see no problem with the quality thus far. Of course the mounts will be stronger and the welds will be cleaned up a bit, that's a given. But the size and sheer functionality of this is like nothing out there! Who cares about having to relocate a catch can. According to a GM engineer who builds our ZL1's there not even remotely needed on these motors. God speed in bringing this very needed product to market gentleman. I will wait patiently to purchase the first one. Or you can sell me the" ugly"prototype as I think it looks great!
Guess they need to reevaluate...
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1429692115292.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  105.5 KB

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
TobysZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #45
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable vic View Post
Whatever. And thank you for figuring what I'm interested in. After 50 years on this planet I really needed your help lolol. If you actually read my thread instead of being hostile you can clearly see I applauded this design and am very interested in purchasing one. As far as my ax to grind about a catch can, do what you like. I don't think it's necessary. If you have a difference in opinion around here your a bad person.
I am very sorry you think you are being attacked.

It is never going to be easy to be the only guy to stand in front of a group of people and basicly tell them they are stupid for doing a proven mod to their cars.

Doesn't make you a bad person for stating your opinion at all! But, curious why you would expect us to embrace it when it counters verifiable data and experience?

You do understand that you have repeatedly berated others for choosing to run a Catch Can when they "are not needed from the factory" but then show interest in an Intake and Coolant Reservoir which are also "not needed from the factory" for the same exact reasons? (EPA Regulations, Profit Margin, Factory Performance Goals)

That is a little hypocritical to your previous argument if you stop and think about it...

Why you choose to bring it up again in this thread is beyond me besides the fact that this tank mounts in a similar location.
(mounts can change and catch cans are all but universal, they are just a can with hoses after all and they are not new to the performance world).

An upgrade is an upgrade, simple as that.

This tank and intake look like an excellent upgrade at this point! (We obviously agree on that)

The proof of any positive gains are going to be in the verifiable data, not in an opinion/should-a/would-a/could-a/because he said so argument.

Last edited by 2013 ZL1 #7860; 04-22-2015 at 12:14 PM.
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #46
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobysZL1 View Post
Guess they need to reevaluate...
Attachment 710843

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Glad all that oil wasn't sent through the rotors and caked on to the intercooler and on the intake runners.
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #47
TobysZL1

Drives: ZL1 Gone but not Forgotten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 ZL1 #7860 View Post
Glad all that oil wasn't sent through the rotors and caked on to the intercooler and on the intake runners.

Yea for sure!

That oil was nasty looking when I changed it. Probably the dirtiest the catch can has ever displayed. I Did change it before winter hibernation but I put a 700 mile ish round trip on it or so right before she slept for the winter on a last minute power package install that I had to make a trip for. The whether was nice late late fall so I had to do it..
Must of been so dirty from that and sitting for 5 months, otherwise no clue!!
Here's a better shot of the nastiness (not trying to hijack the thread, just while were talking about it here).....
Attached Images

TobysZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #48
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
Quick update, we are about 3 to 4 weeks out on the coolant tanks. We have to make a few design changes to make sure its perfect.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:25 AM   #49
WSSICK

Drives: 2014 Red Hot ZL1
I may be in the Phoenix area in a week or so. Will you have your coolant reservoir available by then? If so I may stop by.
1996 Metallic Gray Ford Taurus GL
WSSICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:00 AM   #50
Midnight Maro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS W/ Kenne Bell 2.8LC SC
Amy update on this. Price? estimated time to be able to ship a product. I'm working on a build and would really be interested in something like this. Please PM me.

1/4: 13.330 @ 105.52 MPH - bone stock
Midnight Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:22 AM   #51
SunnySideUpII

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Bright Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
I like it, my question is would it be limited to certain CAIs?? What about the water drip tray, would that no longer work? Could it be done in a black finish?
Any response to the "water drip tray" question?
SunnySideUpII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:59 AM   #52
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I was really excited by this and have been waiting to buy. But so long and no updates I got a RotoFab unit for the extra capacity. Too bad because I think this would have been a far superior set up.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:02 AM   #53
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Old 08-27-2015, 03:46 PM   #54
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
hmmmmmm.........
vicnkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:39 PM   #55
Black Market Racing

Drives: Yours
Sorry for the late reply. We have not been on this forum in some time since we are no longer vendors but are considering renewing since seems to be some renewed interest and because we did finish the test fit on the ZL1 reservoir we made and the final product will be in production very soon. The major obstacle we had to overcome was finding a local ZL1 owner to work with us for test fit purposes and there was a lack of interest in this unit so it went on the back burner while we finished up the Twin Turbo kit for the CTS-V's (which we would love to test fit our intake and exhaust manifolds on a ZL1 if anyone is interested).

As far as the water drip tray is concerned, there will be no trimming of the hood required, and the drip tray will not need to be removed.

I will go ahead and contact the moderators about renewing our vendor status here so I can keep everyone more informed and also update everyone with the pricing information. I will have a special pricing option to the first person willing to buy a HX tank, 5" Intake and heat shield if they take lots of pics and offer a write up!

Again, I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner, you can see we are very active on V forums and will take more note of what is going on here. My name is Tom, I have been the sales manager since June and take customer service very seriously in case you had any issues with Jack who was on this forum previously.

Last edited by Black Market Racing; 10-12-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Black Market Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #56
crabapple

Drives: '12 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
Sorry for the late reply. We have not been on this forum in some time since we are no longer vendors but are considering renewing since seems to be some renewed interest and because we did finish the test fit on the ZL1 reservoir we made and the final product will be in production very soon. The major obstacle we had to overcome was finding a local ZL1 owner to work with us for test fit purposes and there was a lack of interest in this unit so it went on the back burner while we finished up the Twin Turbo kit for the CTS-V's (which we would love to test fit our intake and exhaust manifolds on a ZL1 if anyone is interested).

As far as the water drip tray is concerned, there will be no trimming of the hood required, but the water drip tray will need to be removed.

I will go ahead and contact the moderators about renewing our vendor status here so I can keep everyone more informed and also update everyone with the pricing information. I will have a special pricing option to the first person willing to buy a HX tank, 5" Intake and heat shield if they take lots of pics and offer a write up!

Again, I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner, you can see we are very active on V forums and will take more note of what is going on here. My name is Tom, I have been the sales manager since June and take customer service very seriously in case you had any issues with Jack who was on this forum previously.
PM Sent
crabapple is offline   Reply With Quote