Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-02-2024, 08:23 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
The Corsa is a sweet exhaust but too expensive now. I bought mine for 1600.00 from CSP in 2021. Still pricey but doable. Corsa warranty and CS is very good. They took care of me very promptly on a valve issue I had.

What I like about Corsa is it's truly Mild to Wild. It's a tick louder than stock (with valve open) closed but screams open. The price is the only knock.

If I was in the Market for exhaust I would probably look at Stainless works legend series. You will want the quietest muffler option if you do headers... especially if you remove the cats.

If you don't mind losing valve control then AWE touring is what I would look at.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:09 AM   #16
ALMN

Drives: 2SS 1LE M6, Palisade Calligraphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
Corsa NPP valves closed is louder than stock with valves open. At a warm idle the Corsa NPP and stock NPP are very close though, Corsa just sounds better. These are the numbers from Corsa in their direct comparison:

Stock NPP closed – 91.3 db

Stock NPP open – 94.0 db

Corsa closed – 97.5 db

Corsa open – 108.4 db
I bought the Corsa NPP axlebacks last month and it is going on the car this Friday. There was a huge sale at CSP for less than $2100. I am actually puzzled with the numbers above. I think those numbers are based on full throttle in Stealth/Touring and Sport/Track mode, because there is no way the part throttle or idle is providing that much decibels. Some people mentioned at idle and part throttle the Corsa sounds even quieter than stock NPP. My understanding is no matter what mode you are in, the butterfly valves in the exhaust opens up with full throttle. Maybe not all the way with Stealth/Touring mode. The valves also open in cold starts for a split second too then close.
ALMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:40 AM   #17
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMN View Post
I bought the Corsa NPP axlebacks last month and it is going on the car this Friday. There was a huge sale at CSP for less than $2100. I am actually puzzled with the numbers above. I think those numbers are based on full throttle in Stealth/Touring and Sport/Track mode, because there is no way the part throttle or idle is providing that much decibels. Some people mentioned at idle and part throttle the Corsa sounds even quieter than stock NPP. My understanding is no matter what mode you are in, the butterfly valves in the exhaust opens up with full throttle. Maybe not all the way with Stealth/Touring mode. The valves also open in cold starts for a split second too then close.
Depends on if you have tuned your NPP valve settings. I have mine tuned to close on startup in Touring mode and they remain closed under 4500rpm. Sport I have set to be open under all conditions except 8th gear(A8), then they close for hwy cruising. Track is open under all conditions. Snow/Ice is closed under all conditions.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:53 PM   #18
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
My Corsa axleback with NPP valves is super quiet in track mode at hwy cruising.

It starts loud but quickly quiets down. Here is an idle video (car has no other mods):

https://youtube.com/shorts/lyVjC6vFZ90

Last edited by paradigm; 04-10-2024 at 10:13 PM.
paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:31 PM   #19
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Video I made of the Corsa NPP axle back on the car that I took it from - it was 2022 SS 1LE cammed with headers and corsa, sounded badass:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uLHcPQbpp8U
Old 04-11-2024, 09:47 AM   #20
pbSS

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Price is a thing, sure, but if you consider the quality, fitment, customer service, drone-free, best tips, and the actual functioning of the NPP with an actual delta between closed vs open, then it makes more sense on "get what you pay for". If you feel that it's on the raspy sound, you can just add resonators upstream (that's what I did).
pbSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 08:48 PM   #21
ALMN

Well the Corsa NPP axleback was installed and i am actually surprised how deeper and louder it is when the valves are open. Valves closed, at idle and part throttle it might be even quieter than stock. The difference between the valves open and closed is crazy. Definitely worth the money and no drone at all. One negative i have is, by following the instructions, tips stick out further than expected. I may have to cut another half to an inch to push them back in a little bit.
Old 04-13-2024, 06:49 PM   #22
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMN View Post
Well the Corsa NPP axleback was installed and i am actually surprised how deeper and louder it is when the valves are open. Valves closed, at idle and part throttle it might be even quieter than stock. The difference between the valves open and closed is crazy. Definitely worth the money and no drone at all. One negative i have is, by following the instructions, tips stick out further than expected. I may have to cut another half to an inch to push them back in a little bit.
I have the non NPP Corsa, but my guess is the measurements are the same. Just be aware that if you do push the exhaust back (as I did), the tips may abut the thin underside aluminum bumper brace(s). I trimmed the aluminum back a bit, but it’s really not a big deal. When the exhaust heats up, it pushes the exhaust outward, clearing the aluminum braces.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:33 AM   #23
ALMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I have the non NPP Corsa, but my guess is the measurements are the same. Just be aware that if you do push the exhaust back (as I did), the tips may abut the thin underside aluminum bumper brace(s). I trimmed the aluminum back a bit, but it’s really not a big deal. When the exhaust heats up, it pushes the exhaust outward, clearing the aluminum braces.
Thanks, will keep that in mind. The exhaust tone is addictive now, I can’t imagine the extreme plus setup with secondary cat delete and double x pipe. I may have to get the Borla resonator mid pipe in the future to cancel the noise a little with headers installed. Even inside the car the exhaust tone is amazing with this axleback setup. I am in love 😍