Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #169
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comwyn View Post
I think either my knee bumped the key or it was the weight of the other keys on my ring, I wasn't really sure. It took me off guard when it happened and it was just like I had shut my car off while driving. I was surprised how fast the car slowed down. I put on my flashers, coasted to the side of the road, then restarted my car. I think it was probably my knee as it often hits the key. I've adjusted my seat and steering, but it seems the most comfortable position always puts my knee near the key.
Wow! It is a good thing that no one was hurt. My knees and seat position put me nowhere near hitting the keys. My wife doesn't have an issue either. Makes me wonder how many drivers of other vehicles have had an issue hitting the keys and shutting down the engine. As others have suggested ,GM needs to look into designing a key cylinder that needs to be pushed inward in order to turn the key. Maybe the next models will have a feature like that.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #170
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comwyn View Post
I think either my knee bumped the key or it was the weight of the other keys on my ring, I wasn't really sure. It took me off guard when it happened and it was just like I had shut my car off while driving. I was surprised how fast the car slowed down. I put on my flashers, coasted to the side of the road, then restarted my car. I think it was probably my knee as it often hits the key. I've adjusted my seat and steering, but it seems the most comfortable position always puts my knee near the key.
How tall are you? How long are your legs? Just curious.

Unfortunately if you can hit the fob/key now, you can probably hit the new key being given. They didn't even use the smallest key being used in GM cars now. They seem to have gone with biggest one.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #171
izone

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-2011 Traverse
This "cost effective" solution is unacceptable. I have bought 2 GM cars int the past 4 years. There will NOT be a third if they do not offer a better solution for my Camaro.
This is a classic "penny wise-dollar foolish" example.
GM, is will cost you more money to get new customers than to keep the current ones coming back.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #172
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
it is a stupid solution for a unnecessary recall! Anyone who thinks they are going to install a push button system is a bonehead. simple solution, don't go turn in your key for the recall unless you are very very tall!

If you are going to stop buying GM cars because of this, you are an idiot

when is the Mazda recall coming?

Old 06-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #173
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
it is a stupid solution for a unnecessary recall! Anyone who thinks they are going to install a push button system is a bonehead. simple solution, don't go turn in your key for the recall unless you are very very tall!
Im very tall with very long legs. I think being tall makes it even more impossible to hit the key.

This is the normal, comfortable position of my leg while driving. Barely moves from that position while braking or using cruise control. If I move my leg in a more straight and uncomfortable position, my leg hits the steering wheel.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #174
Low Saturn

Quote:
Or the 2014 Silverado?

Old 06-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #175
Mr Monte

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
I just bought a 2014 Chevy SS Sedan & it has the answer for those who feel the need to hang a lot of stuff on their key ring/fob or sit all the way forward & bounce their legs while driving.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #176
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I think what it comes down to is you can turn off almost any car with your knee if you really attempt to do it. so foolish
Old 06-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #177
DefiantXSoldier

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS/1LE NPP Recaros
GM Ignition Key Recall (See the new key here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14sw1le View Post
YES !!! please show some proof. I cant wait to finally be able to pick up my car and be done with all of this BS. I just wanna go fast !!! credit ricky bobby

Sorry for the delay. Been modding the car and dealing with the sales manager at the dealership over a rock ding on my front bumper that they repaired with some cheap ass filler paint that looks like crap.
DefiantXSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #178
izone

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-2011 Traverse
Quote:

If you are going to stop buying GM cars because of this, you are an idiot

My Camaro emblem has delaminated on the drivers side
Car came delivered out of alignment
The car has misfiring cylinders and I only have 3700 miles on it. Dealers can't take my car until July 7th
My traverse satellite radio won't work reliably. I brought it in & dealers says that nothing is wrong with it.
Now this half ass solution to this ignition problem

Still think its idiocy to threaten not to buy a GM car again? I think I'm well within my rights to take my business elsewhere if I believe I am not getting what I paid for.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #179
tainoxl

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
This should be blasted on social media and News, this is a bullshit fix. At very least a new fob without that ugly gap! So how exactly does this keep your ignition from turning, come on GM.
tainoxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #180
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by tainoxl View Post
This should be blasted on social media and News, this is a bullshit fix. At very least a new fob without that ugly gap! So how exactly does this keep your ignition from turning, come on GM.
Tell me how can a company design, do the engineering and get it manufactured In less then 2 or 3 weeks. They probably just quickest way to get the keys out. They may be a different key and fob for the 2015 Camaros
Old 06-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #181
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tainoxl View Post
Don't leave it up to social media or anyone else. If you are passionate about getting a better remedy, then call GM customer service yourself. If they get enough calls ,maybe they'll eventually listen. Of course you need to provide some input as to what a rational fix to this would be. My suggestion would be to treat this key fob autopsy as a quick fix and follow up at some point with a new fob. One like they will likely be using on the newer units that leave the factory in the coming months. I doubt they'll be shipped with empty slots and an inoperable chrome button on the fob. At the very least provide some sort of blank to fill the empty void. Of course this leaves the now fake chrome button.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #182
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
This is getting stupid... I just want my car... If i dont get it by Wednesday.. i'm canceling and going with a different car.

Previous cars:
2014 V6 Spring Edition
2018 WRX
2022 K5
2022 Stinger
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote