Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
sweet99ss

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
LSA vs Procharger kit. What to go with?

What would you guys go with and why? I'm thinking of either buying a complete lsa kit off a guy or piecing together a D1sc procharger kit. It looks like I will have about 1k more in the D1sc kit piecing it together. I can get the LSA kit for $3400 and the D1sc kit looks like it will be around $4400 to piece it together..

Are the LSA blowers pretty efficient? I know the procharger's advantage is that the procharger keep's the IAT's down a little better the the LSA... I'm wanting to run around 10psi boost and run a mid-low 11 sec 1/4 mile around 120mph. I'm leaning toward the LSA because I can still sell my LS3 intake, injectors, and CAI to recoop a little $ spent on the kit and I won't have to worry about removing the stock balancer as it will work with the lsa blower. + I have had a few procharger kits and kinda want to see what a top mount blower is like.

Give me your opinions!
~00 SS~ (Forged LS/IIHS 7875 Turbo/RPM Lvl 6/Strange S60) 10.3-141
~2010 SS~ (SLP TVS2300 Blower/Speed Eng LT's)
~2012 ZL1~ (IIHS Twin Turbo)
sweet99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
ecreps

Drives: 2014 1LE, 1996 z28
Either will get you to your current goals. The A P1SC and an LSa will max out near the same WHP; a D1SC or F1A obviously gives you more room to grow if you wanted to upgrade the head unit later.

Basically, if you know you're going to be good at 650-700whp then an LSA probably makes sense, if there's a chance you might want more than that later go Procharger IMO.
ecreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
LSA if you are really going to stop at 10psi. Buuuuuuut that is super rare. It's an addiction and everybody always wants more. All your buddies and competition will have more and that makes you want it even worse.
Also for these reasons you might plan ahead for like an ECS kit or even bigger blower. Last time we had a D1sc kit traded in we couldn't hardly give it away cause nobody wanted that small of a blower.
The small entry level blowers seem to constantly change hands around the used market casue they are just enough to wet your appetite.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:33 PM   #4
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
LSA if you are really going to stop at 10psi. Buuuuuuut that is super rare. It's an addiction and everybody always wants more. All your buddies and competition will have more and that makes you want it even worse.
Also for these reasons you might plan ahead for like an ECS kit or even bigger blower. Last time we had a D1sc kit traded in we couldn't hardly give it away cause nobody wanted that small of a blower.
The small entry level blowers seem to constantly change hands around the used market casue they are just enough to wet your appetite.
Amen! Preach on Brother!
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #5
sweet99ss

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreps View Post
Either will get you to your current goals. The A P1SC and an LSa will max out near the same WHP; a D1SC or F1A obviously gives you more room to grow if you wanted to upgrade the head unit later.

Basically, if you know you're going to be good at 650-700whp then an LSA probably makes sense, if there's a chance you might want more than that later go Procharger IMO.
That's were I'm a little torn. The LSA seems like a great upgrade right now, but like you said down the road the D1sc would have more room to grow... From what I'm seeing the LSA looks like A LOT easier of an install. Probably shouldn't be a reason to pick it though lol. That and the cost being a lot less still makes me lean towards the LSA right now. I could always sale it down the road and do a procharger kit I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Really I always thought people loved D1sc's?? Tons of people making 700+hp on them and then some maxing them out in the 800rwhp range.

I just sold my low 10 sec turbo car for this 5th gen for the creature comforts though lol. I have had the mod addiction bad for about 10 years! Trying to find a happy medium between full out race car and street car. Something I can still take everywhere, but still have a good amount of power. Just doing research I think a d1sc or an lsa will be plenty for my goals.

I don't PLAN to upgrade transmission or any drive train for awhile so I figure I should be making plenty of hp for my setup with an LSA or D1sc blower. I ran low 11's with my p1sc vette on 8psi. I figure on this setup with a little more boost and bigger blower I could probably get a low 11@120+ out of it. And that's probably where I should stop for now anyway.

Leaning towards the LSA still, but yesterday I was thinking D1sc so we will see what I think tomorrow. Keep the comments coming I enjoy reading everybody's opinions
~00 SS~ (Forged LS/IIHS 7875 Turbo/RPM Lvl 6/Strange S60) 10.3-141
~2010 SS~ (SLP TVS2300 Blower/Speed Eng LT's)
~2012 ZL1~ (IIHS Twin Turbo)
sweet99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
You should definitely go with the LSA and look for a package deal:

Name:  LSA-Blower.jpg
Views: 7857
Size:  35.9 KB

+

Name:  training wheels.gif
Views: 7396
Size:  114.6 KB

Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #7
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
I suppose that was a bit harsh, though I really just meant it in fun. Truth is that one of the mechanics at my speed shop has an LSA blower on a G8 that runs in the 9's. It all depends on your supporting mods. As others have stated, its not always about horse power, though your not going to get it done without horse power. Sound confusing?
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #8
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
I was gonna say, be careful BiggFoot...... RWHP does not = Fast
Old 10-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #9
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I’d ck the fast list:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013

You can see who has what and their times. That can help...

BTW, I have the ADM LSA kit — but WAAAAAAAAY past stock ;o)...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #10
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICRNU View Post
I was gonna say, be careful BiggFoot...... RWHP does not = Fast
I'm not making close to some of those centri or turbo cars.

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #11
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Truth be told I would get a d1sc kit. I went with the p1sc and now I’m sending it back this winter for a d1x rebuild. My guy at Procharger said they have some cars making 930 rwhp, for me that’s plenty. If you get to the point where you would need more you’ll have to change everything anyway, so might as well get the best blower that’s overkill right now.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #12
That_1LE_Tho

Drives: '14 2SS / 1LE
Not to hijack the thread but I am kind of in the same boat as sweet99ss. I have been tossing around the idea of a LSA swap, Procharger kit from Brutespeed, or the ECS Novi kit. I have read both positive and negative things about ECS so it puts me at "WTF do I do" lol I already have a new ECS BAP sitting around. Im looking for a little more now with potential to go bigger later (forged motor, etc.)
LSA is cheaper but will I be happy with it? ECS seems to be priced good and have read of the novi putting down some good numbers. (I wouldnt use their tuning, Id have it tuned locally at a shop near me) Or do I say screw and just go for a f1a-94?? ohh decisions.
New Era Performance ported TB
New Era Tuned
BMR 1" lowering springs
Clutch Reservoir Mod
Tick Performance SS Clutch Line
Tick Performance Speed Bleeder
That_1LE_Tho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:07 AM   #13
chevyboy82

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro Kooks Headers, Corsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_1LE_Tho View Post
Not to hijack the thread but I am kind of in the same boat as sweet99ss. I have been tossing around the idea of a LSA swap, Procharger kit from Brutespeed, or the ECS Novi kit. I have read both positive and negative things about ECS so it puts me at "WTF do I do" lol I already have a new ECS BAP sitting around. Im looking for a little more now with potential to go bigger later (forged motor, etc.)
LSA is cheaper but will I be happy with it? ECS seems to be priced good and have read of the novi putting down some good numbers. (I wouldnt use their tuning, Id have it tuned locally at a shop near me) Or do I say screw and just go for a f1a-94?? ohh decisions.

Man we are all in the same boat, I've been looking between the LSA,ECS, and the Whipple kit. I've been reading that the LSA kit was a good kit and could make great power ie. look at all the CTS-V's out here with the same blower. But as it was stated earlier the ECS is a great price, the Whipple kit is as a good kit to make big power. What do I do?
chevyboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #14
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
I was going to go with a Whipple but then went with a centri (YSi)...

Here is one reason why:

Whipple jumps out front but the D-1SC reels him in pretty quick...

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote