Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #491
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
No more whistle. Looks good, well made and easy install. I swear it feels better off idle but I bet it is my imagination.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #492
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
I guess my question won't be answered by CAI...

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:34 PM   #493
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
The way it was packaged I bet it will be available.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:16 PM   #494
A_Work_Of_Art

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I have your CAI product on my 2016 Camaro SS, how can I get the TB whistle eliminator part? Thanks in advance!

- Art
Old 09-26-2016, 09:55 PM   #495
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
I guess my question won't be answered by CAI...
They are probably going to make Mishimoto work a little harder to copy it then post it up on the web themselves. That would be my guess...

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #496
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
When will people (if at all) be able to purchase this part of they have another brand of intake?
This part will only be available for CAI, Inc. customers. Thanks!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #497
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
This part will only be available for CAI, Inc. customers. Thanks!
Well, that is a real healthy attitude. Should get you a lot of new customers. NOT

Quote:
When will people (if at all) be able to purchase this part of they have another brand of intake?
AdmAnt - just get a Roto-Fab CAI and you won't have to worry about the whistle.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #498
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
No more whistle. Looks good, well made and easy install. I swear it feels better off idle but I bet it is my imagination.
Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that you are happy with the fix.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #499
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Well, that is a real healthy attitude. Should get you a lot of new customers. NOT

Sorry Hyper16, we are taking care of our customers. We have an extremely healthy attitude when it comes to customer service, thank you very much. That is what the name of the game is. We researched, developed and manufactured this part to help out our customers, we do not charge them for the part. We manufacture and sell cold air intake systems (not whistle stoppers), we did not make this part for the customers of other companies. The beautiful part is, AdmAnt or any other consumer can buy the Cold Air Inductions, Inc. CAI system and they won't have to worry about the whistle .
Old 09-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #500
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Work_Of_Art View Post
I have your CAI product on my 2016 Camaro SS, how can I get the TB whistle eliminator part? Thanks in advance!

- Art
Thanks for your support. Please register your system on our website. Then send an email to support@coldairinductions.com with your serial number (found under the lid), full name and shipping address. Thanks again.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #501
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Quote:

You're not kidding my friend.

Quote:
Sorry Hyper16, we are taking care of our customers. We have an extremely healthy attitude when it comes to customer service, thank you very much. That is what the name of the game is. We researched, developed and manufactured this part to help out our customers, we do not charge them for the part. We manufacture and sell cold air intake systems (not whistle stoppers), we did not make this part for the customers of other companies. The beautiful part is, AdmAnt or any other consumer can buy the Cold Air Inductions, Inc. CAI system and they won't have to worry about the whistle .
The whistle doesn't affect me. I just wanted to know in general for all who have different intakes.
And lets call it spade to spade, while this seems like a great attitude, its not. Its just money talking. Make and patent a known issue, then require you're product to be purchased to reap the benefits. No one does anything for the overall greater good anymore. Everything is just to line their pockets. Sorry, I'm sure you have a great reputation, but just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #502
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
You're not kidding my friend.

The whistle doesn't affect me. I just wanted to know in general for all who have different intakes.
And lets call it spade to spade, while this seems like a great attitude, its not. Its just money talking. Make and patent a known issue, then require you're product to be purchased to reap the benefits. No one does anything for the overall greater good anymore. Everything is just to line their pockets. Sorry, I'm sure you have a great reputation, but just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Apparently, you do not like our answer or our business approach. When we spent the time and resources for this part, we were truly thinking about our customers not about helping out our competitor's. It sounds as if you and Hyper are not impacted by the whistle, so I am not sure why you are so upset. It really doesn't make sense. Thanks again for your inquiry.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #503
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Took ya a few hours to think that response up huh. Who is allowed to receive your "fix" doesn't bother me a bit. I have a Roto-Fab CAI and have NEVER had a whistling issue. Thing is that since your CAI was soooo defective, folks that have other brands are hearing a 'ghost whistle' just because they think it should be there. This is due to negative feedback from YOUR customers. Maybe you could make a couple of extra bucks by selling it and putting their minds at ease. But no matter, as was previously noted, another aftermarket company will copy it and sell it.

And I can speak from experience since I have had a whistling CAI CAI on my Silverado.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:08 PM   #504
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Took ya a few hours to think that response up huh. Who is allowed to receive your "fix" doesn't bother me a bit. I have a Roto-Fab CAI and have NEVER had a whistling issue. Thing is that since your CAI was soooo defective, folks that have other brands are hearing a 'ghost whistle' just because they think it should be there. This is due to negative feedback from YOUR customers. Maybe you could make a couple of extra bucks by selling it and putting their minds at ease. But no matter, as was previously noted, another aftermarket company will copy it and sell it.

And I can speak from experience since I have had a whistling CAI CAI on my Silverado.
Now you are just bashing our product with false claims of a defective system? If you are so happy with your Roto-Fab then why are you spending time maliciously trying to discredit our products? This forum is supposed to be a constructive and friendly place for Camaro enthusiasts. We have answered your questions in a timely manner and all you do is criticize us, it really doesn't make sense. For the record, to date, 3% of our customers have requested the whistle eliminator part.

PS: We have sold thousands of truck systems and this is the first time that we have EVER heard about a whistle. Please register your product on our website then email us at support@coldairinductions.com with your serial number, full name and shipping address. Thanks

Tags
6th gen camaro, 6th gen intake, camaro intake, camaro6, hyper blue