Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #379
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo View Post
I second the emotion. I just did a clean of the MAF sensor and that started a cleansing of the engine bay and dressing up with painting accents. But I was experiencing power loss/ hesitation and it was suggested to clean the sensor.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, I thought it was in my head with the power loss but after cleaning the MAF I am happy to know it was not. BTW, I love your engine bay, looks clean bruh.
TRich2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #380
Woo
O’Dark30

Drives: 2016 SS Black Panther
Thanks much , I had to take advantage of the down time cause of the weather, hopefully it clears up tomorrow so I can test to see if the issue is fixed on my end. Have yet to do so.....

Old 06-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #381
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Thanks much , I had to take advantage of the down time cause of the weather, hopefully it clears up tomorrow so I can test to see if the issue is fixed on my end. Have yet to do so.....

GL man, I am sure you will feel the difference.
TRich2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:56 AM   #382
JonGSA

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I just wanted to post up here and update my issue i was having with my CAI intake. Or at least for a while, it seemed like it was an intake issue. For a while i was saying nothing because, I was VERY unsure of problem until just the other day.

Here's the story:

For the past few weeks now, I've been working with Kyle from CAI and their engineering & R&D team to narrow down my issue. They have been great the entire time and extremely helpful. We went though some tests and we were both baffled at the problem.

The first step was, we ran with the OEM intake back on for 200 miles and no CELs were thrown. Then we decided to run the CAI intake again, triple checking the install. After a hundred or so miles, the light came on again. However, the codes that the car was throwing, were contradictory of each other though. One was lean, one was too rich. We both were scratching our heads. We also adjusted the MAF location and alignment on the idea that maybe my MAF sensor was extra moody and sensitive. No luck.

Now with this trend in mind, the frequency of the CEL's were getting closer and closer,

So about a week ago, we decided to return the intake back to CAI. Maybe mine had a defect or an air leak or something. I took off the CAI intake and put the stock back on last week and boxed it up. So i ran the car with the stock intake (back to 100% stock) since last Wednesday night. Low and behold, i was coming home from a friends house friday night, while doing 65 on the highway and what do I see.....a CEL.

So I let CAI know about this and this confirmed that its NOT their intake causing the issue. We both agreed that there's something wrong with the car on GM's dime. Either a failing right cat (unlikely), a failing right post cat o2 sensor ( most likely) or a air leak in the NPP exhaust thats getting worse (not sure how likely, but heard of it).

It was uncanny timing between the testing and stock/CAI intakes that made us starting thinking this way. Also to keep in mind I had the CAI intake on the car for about 300 miles before the first CEL showed it's face.

So the car goes into the dealer this friday and we'll see what they find.

But the bottom line is this, the intake was NOT the cause of the CEL, but a part on the car that is failing.

Once I get the car back, we plan to run the stock airbox for a 100+ miles to see if the fix is good and there are no more CEL's. Then put the CAI back on.

Other money pits:
'13 S1000RR
'11 R1200 GS Adventure
'01 HD Sporty 1250
JonGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:07 AM   #383
Atra

Drives: 16' 1SS M6
Where is this whistle fix though? Been a while-throw us a bone! :P
Old 06-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #384
Woo
O’Dark30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRich2SS View Post
Same here, I thought it was in my head with the power loss but after cleaning the MAF I am happy to know it was not. BTW, I love your engine bay, looks clean bruh.

Just returned from my trip to Virginia and I experienced ZERO power loss issues/ hesitations, I performed multiple pedal smashes while passing vehicles on I20 and I95 hahaha, so the MAF sensor being dirty was definitely the issue.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:03 PM   #385
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGSA View Post
I just wanted to post up here and update my issue i was having with my CAI intake. Or at least for a while, it seemed like it was an intake issue. For a while i was saying nothing because, I was VERY unsure of problem until just the other day.

Here's the story:

For the past few weeks now, I've been working with Kyle from CAI and their engineering & R&D team to narrow down my issue. They have been great the entire time and extremely helpful. We went though some tests and we were both baffled at the problem.

The first step was, we ran with the OEM intake back on for 200 miles and no CELs were thrown. Then we decided to run the CAI intake again, triple checking the install. After a hundred or so miles, the light came on again. However, the codes that the car was throwing, were contradictory of each other though. One was lean, one was too rich. We both were scratching our heads. We also adjusted the MAF location and alignment on the idea that maybe my MAF sensor was extra moody and sensitive. No luck.

Now with this trend in mind, the frequency of the CEL's were getting closer and closer,

So about a week ago, we decided to return the intake back to CAI. Maybe mine had a defect or an air leak or something. I took off the CAI intake and put the stock back on last week and boxed it up. So i ran the car with the stock intake (back to 100% stock) since last Wednesday night. Low and behold, i was coming home from a friends house friday night, while doing 65 on the highway and what do I see.....a CEL.

So I let CAI know about this and this confirmed that its NOT their intake causing the issue. We both agreed that there's something wrong with the car on GM's dime. Either a failing right cat (unlikely), a failing right post cat o2 sensor ( most likely) or a air leak in the NPP exhaust thats getting worse (not sure how likely, but heard of it).

It was uncanny timing between the testing and stock/CAI intakes that made us starting thinking this way. Also to keep in mind I had the CAI intake on the car for about 300 miles before the first CEL showed it's face.

So the car goes into the dealer this friday and we'll see what they find.

But the bottom line is this, the intake was NOT the cause of the CEL, but a part on the car that is failing.

Once I get the car back, we plan to run the stock airbox for a 100+ miles to see if the fix is good and there are no more CEL's. Then put the CAI back on.
Jon,

Thanks for the kind words and for updating our fellow forum members. You were also great to work with!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #386
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Just returned from my trip to Virginia and I experienced ZERO power loss issues/ hesitations, I performed multiple pedal smashes while passing vehicles on I20 and I95 hahaha, so the MAF sensor being dirty was definitely the issue.

That is great news! Hope you had a great trip.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:38 PM   #387
Woo
O’Dark30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
That is great news! Hope you had a great trip.

The trip was awesome and thank you.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #388
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRich2SS View Post
I have the CAI and I can hear a significant difference in exhaust sound. Even more so after I adjusted the intake placement and cleaned the MAF sensor (I highly recommend doing this after running the car a few hundred miles after install).
Thanks for your support! We are glad that you like the sound.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #389
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atra View Post
Where is this whistle fix though? Been a while-throw us a bone! :P
Atra,

We have the fix and it is coming soon!
Old 06-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #390
Atra

Drives: 16' 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Atra,

We have the fix and it is coming soon!
Any idea how much this peace of mind will cost me yet :P?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:18 AM   #391
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atra View Post
Any idea how much this peace of mind will cost me yet :P?
Atra,

We will provide the part for free to anyone that has purchased our 2016 Camaro intake system and has registered that system on our website.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:41 AM   #392
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Will you develop one for the LTG?

Tags
6th gen camaro, 6th gen intake, camaro intake, camaro6, hyper blue