Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-26-2017, 04:18 PM   #127
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked84 View Post
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here in quite a while. My favorite part was when you mention disliking the vents and wing on the SS. And then you show picture of your V6 with... vents and a spoiler. (Things you obviously could've changed on the SS.)

Well played man. I thought you were serious for a second.
Glen is a respected member of the forum and has contributed much knowledge and DIY stuff to the community. Move along.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #128
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I was very happy with my 2014 C7, it was a bit hard to get in and out of , but overall it was a very satisfying purchase. It was my second V-8, after owning a 13 SS/RS. I went down to the dealership wHEN the Camaros came out and they had a SS and an LT/RS on the floor. I mod all my cars for a "clean" look and it struck me how much the LT was much more Aston Martin like, with lack of vents and that goofy boy racer wing on the SS. I then drove the LT, and was very impressed with the power output, it was more than enough for my around town, no track use. So I bought it. I could have had either, to me the LT just looked better. I do like vents, I just don't like the ones that are on the SS. I went ahead and mounted hexvents on my car. And I'm very happy with the look. Using reg 87 gas with no knock is just a bonus.

Now with MMR 017'S

The Statements made above that all V6 and 4 owners can't possibly know what they bought, or are just too poor to afford the V8, is ridiculous.
...This. Its about time someone finally understood the intent of the V6. Everyone seems to be of the belief that we all was a 11 sec toy to zip around town in and that isn't exactly the case. A fully loaded V6 is almost $10k cheaper than a fully loaded SS and some people want those daily driver creature comforts and coming with over 300 HP you have ample power to enjoy your commute.. not everyone wants grind through gears at the track, there's practical people out here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
I have a 2013 v6 and now im looking for a used 2013-2016 1ss or 2ss with low miles. I have been kicking myself for the past 4 years for not spending the extra 5k on the 1ss. Dont make the same mistake i did. You cant beat the sound of a v8
If you're looking for an SS, I would skip the 5th gen even if you need to save up more.. You'll be kicking yourself for it if you dont as you will quickly find yourself wanting a 6th Gen SS... ..ask me how I know...
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #129
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
I was very happy with my 2014 C7, it was a bit hard to get in and out of , but overall it was a very satisfying purchase. It was my second V-8, after owning a 13 SS/RS. I went down to the dealership wHEN the Camaros came out and they had a SS and an LT/RS on the floor. I mod all my cars for a "clean" look and it struck me how much the LT was much more Aston Martin like, with lack of vents and that goofy boy racer wing on the SS. I then drove the LT, and was very impressed with the power output, it was more than enough for my around town, no track use. So I bought it. I could have had either, to me the LT just looked better. I do like vents, I just don't like the ones that are on the SS. I went ahead and mounted hexvents on my car. And I'm very happy with the look. Using reg 87 gas with no knock is just a bonus.

Now with MMR 017'S

The Statements made above that all V6 and 4 owners can't possibly know what they bought, or are just too poor to afford the V8, is ridiculous.

Those hexvents look hot!
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #130
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:

Well said. Your car is very tastefully modded and looks sharp!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:43 PM   #131
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
There no way you should be paying 30k+ for a V6 5th gen

Get the V8 and drive around instead of going to the bar once a week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #132
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Don't have any advice here... but i'm considering a similar dilemma. I want a camaro as a car i can take to the track 8+ times a year. The v6 1le is a few thousand within a bare bones 1ss, and i think the v6 1le would be the better choice.
The 1SS will lay waste the the V6 1LE in the straights on the track.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:58 AM   #133
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
Dont know if you have decided yet, but for whoever has the same dilemma...

I drove both several times. One after another, while V8 feels a little more powerful, the V6 felt more nimble. Remember, it's about 500 lbs lighter, if I remember right.

Then, I was buying to commute with. V8 didnt make sense for me. But even if I was not commuting I may have still bought the v6.

V6 has all the power I need. It sounds great ( get the dual mode exhaust whichever you buy).

Only thing I would do different is that I would buy a convertible instead.
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:12 AM   #134
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
Dont know if you have decided yet, but for whoever has the same dilemma...

I drove both several times. One after another, while V8 feels a little more powerful, the V6 felt more nimble. Remember, it's about 500 lbs lighter, if I remember right.

Then, I was buying to commute with. V8 didnt make sense for me. But even if I was not commuting I may have still bought the v6.

V6 has all the power I need. It sounds great ( get the dual mode exhaust whichever you buy).

Only thing I would do different is that I would buy a convertible instead.
^^^ what OddJack said. Around here, 335 HP is still more than enough to get you in trouble. As my daily driver, I average 28 MPG. My drive is 99 percent highway, and I'm between 70 MPH and 80 MPH the entire way. A fun car to drive, with all the bells and whistles I need.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:14 AM   #135
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Glen is a respected member of the forum and has contributed much knowledge and DIY stuff to the community. Move along.
Seconded.

Glen's car looks amazing.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:09 AM   #136
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
the v6 is an amazing car in its own right,especially with the RS package.plenty to enjoy and yet practical too.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:58 AM   #137
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
A little faster...lol. I didn't know they let you test drive cars while high.

Also, why do they even make a V6 1LE? The V6 isn't about performance, so why try to church it up?
Old 08-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #138
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post

Also, why do they even make a V6 1LE? The V6 isn't about performance, so why try to church it up?
Because people asked for performance options and chevy delivered the option. It's funny though, 300+ horsepower and 280+ torque now isn't considered "performance."
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:26 AM   #139
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post

Over 100 more hp and over 150 more lbs of tq. The V6 is just 250lbs lighter than the V8 Manual trans. Also keep in mind in the V6 you will feel the performance hit when you have passenger over 120lbs. You won't feel it in the V8.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #140
Marty McFlew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Because people asked for performance options and chevy delivered the option. It's funny though, 300+ horsepower and 280+ torque now isn't considered "performance."
335HP is great, I wish they could up the tq to about 350ft lbs. and give it a deep throaty sound like the Buick 3.8 Grand National It would be a bad mutha in its own right if they could do that.

This should be the benchmark

go to 5min in.

Last edited by Marty McFlew; 08-27-2017 at 11:11 AM.