Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #43
jstein

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
I would recommend trading your coupe in for a convertible.
Why?
Because Chevy KNOWS where the water comes in and floods the rear floor of our convertibles.

If it were anything other than water getting in I can handle that but the water messes so much stuff up and just makes the carpet smell so I feel the pain of the convertibles in that sense. They told me today basically washing the car is an extreme condition and therefore not covered
jstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #44
Chevy83

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Same prob here.

Well my 2011 Camaro has been in the shop since last wednesday, becouse of rain leaking inside and puddling behind the driver seat in the floorboard. They just ordered a new door seal today and they are going to see if that fixes it.
Chevy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatson6 View Post
I have had a problem with water leaking into the trunk. The problem was with the drain line from the sunrooof. It had become disconnect inside of the trunk area. You may have a similar issue, just somewhere else inside the car. If the headliner is not wet then check in the rear seat area for moisture.
+1
Old 04-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #46
eyedoc2

Drives: 69 SS350 VERT 4SPD, 10 2SSRS M6 RJT
Mine had this issue except it was rear passenger floor area. Dealer fixed the leak by rewelding some bad cowl welds. Unfortunately, left me with a rattle now top passenger side/top of windshield area (and a loose rearview mirror!) They can't seem to 'hear' the rattle, but anyone riding in the car with me can. Btw, they also couldn't find the loose mirror while looking for the rattles until I pointed it out. Four days later my loose mirror is fixed along with (supposedly) the rattle. NOT!!! So pick your poison, water in the car or rattles that Chevy techs can't 'hear'.
eyedoc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #47
heyshells

Drives: 2011 1LT Rally Yellow/Black stripe
This happened to me yesterday!!! I parked it infront of the house, it rained really hard and saw water in my driver side floorboard. Windows up. I guess the water rose and leaked under the door. This has happened to my old Pontiac. Help?!!!!
heyshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #48
Nakam

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I had a similar issue where water was collecting on the gasket at the bottom of the door by the speaker and leaking under the molding onto the carpet. After several trips to the dealer and a few fixes that didn't work, it ended up being the water deflector inside the door. Apparently it can get warped or it could come apart from the seal. They put a new one on and put a new seal around it. Several rainstorms and no issues since.
Nakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #49
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
there is a sealant , glue if you will, they apply to body seams that was not applied on some of the camaros. causes water behind the seat on either or both sides. known issue. prolly wont show up on some cars that dont get a lot of weather until after warranty is out. be glad you got that rain and can get it fixed properly. they will put new carpet if you insist. just dont let them "no problem found" you. i'll look up the tsb if you need, or google it so you can go with it in hand.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:03 PM   #50
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelSpartan View Post
I just dropped my car off for the 3rd time for this issue. I showed them (yet again) where the water was building up and coming into the passenger compartment as well as where I found the water to be coming from. Told them I used a hose and sprayed water on different parts of the door with my wife in the passenger seat.... 20 seconds is all it took... they had it for 8 days and couldnt figure it out.

I just dont get the warm and fuzzy that my car is really getting the attention it needs from the dealership. We shall see how this visit goes. if I am not satisfied with the work this time (Ive already noticed scratches to the interior from all the "work" being done on it) I will be contacting GM about my experience.

I had this problem. Roof is rusted at the windshield line. You can't see it until you take the windshield out. It's BAD. Get it fixed.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #51
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Too lazy to read all that huge posts, but that shouldn't happen. Think t would be covered under warranty?
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote