Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #127
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
100% right. Mine didn't introduce me to the parts or service department because they were closed. Do you think I marked him down because of it? Do you really care if you meet the service department enough to mark him down? If I did, I would have called him back and asked him to schedule a meet-and-greet before I completed that part of the survey.

You can fill out your surveys however you want. I am just trying to communicate that regardless of the reason, the sales person does get shit on for anything that isn't "top box". And again I'm not trying to excuse the OP salesman's behavior. Just trying to inform.
But how does the customer know that the salesman is going to get into any sort of trouble by answering the survey honestly?

And again, if the survey has the question about meeting the service department on it, the SALESMAN should be the one asking to set up a meet and greet with the service department, the CUSTOMER should NOT have to worry about that.

If the salesman asks if the customer would like to set up a meet and greet, and the customer declines but still answers that he was not introduced, then that is on the customer. But if it's on the survey, and the salesman makes no attempt to fulfill everything on the survey, it's on the salesman, not the customer.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #128
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
I'm shocked at the number of ppl who criticize you for being honest. Like you said kind words have to be earned, if not the survey is totally useless. The dealer I ended up using was very concerned with the survey but they also did every they could to make me happy. Contrast that to the dealer that I went to just before this one who lost the sale cuz they didn't call me when they said they would. Ironicly they finally called me when I was signing papers at another dealer later that day. I was going to just let it go and leave it at hey you just lost a sale but they kept calling me so I finally called them back and let them know exactly why I didn't buy from them and they appreciatated the feedback. The salesman also put a dip in in front of me and spit in a trash can which wouldn't normally bother me but I found it very unproffesional tho I don't remember if I told them about that. And he kept having me sign hand written notes on the principle terms we were discussing, I knew it wasn't binding but I was put off by it since he could pull that on someone else and make them think it was. So it is very likely that had I closed a deal with them that they wouldn't get a good survey and deservedly so. Would I have been to blame? Hell no!

No, if you get bad service you give bad marks. You tear into them. That's what you are supposed to do. If you brought up an issue and it wasn't handled to your satisfaction, you give bad marks. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm just talking about the case where you are generally satisfied w/ the experience, the sales guy was good, but you go through the survey and give less than top-box answers. Maybe you had to deal w/ a pissy finance guy, or the parts guy was a moron. I know it seems the purpose of the survey is to get real feedback about all aspects of the dealership. I'm just trying to let people know that if they liked their sales guy, anything less than top box is screwing him over regardless of the reason.

I wasn't satisfied with some answers I got from the service department, but what I did was fill out the survey w/ all top-box (because my sales guy was a good guy) and addressed my concerns to the manager of the dealership. I wasn't going to screw over my sales guy just because their service department isn't quite up to speed on certain things.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #129
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
My salesman was smart about it. He said it I filled out the survey and brought it to him, he would give me a couple of free oil changes.

That said, unless they did a bad job, I would give them the top score on everything because a lot of times they have incentives etc tied to them. Plus if I didnt like my salesperson I wouldnt buy the car from him/her.

Last edited by Inferno2SS; 04-16-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #130
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Wow, I never recieved my surveys when I purchased the car or when I took it in for warranty work. I'm sure they know I won't give then a good rating, but what good is a survey if a dealer can decide not to have them sent?

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #131
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
LOL. Wish I got cool stuff out of a survey.

My sales guy was alright. There were some things I didnt like, but I understand this is a business and he was doing his job. I know he is trained a certain way and has to answer to somebody above him when I throw a counter offer. Its all part of a game. I didnt leave the dealership thinking, wow, that was a great experience. Buying a car most of the time is a headache, especially if you try to negotiate what you feel is the right price.

He gave me the line "I only get yada yada if i get a perfect score" and "if i get X amt of perfect scores I get a bonus, can you help me out?"

So, I hooked dude up with perfects on everything, even though it wasnt. With that said, a horrible experience and a salesguy being a complete A-hole (apart from the business aspect of the whole experience) warrants a crappy survey. Theres a difference between "being a car salesman" and being a completely unprofessional slime ball
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #132
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
The surveys are a joke. Dealers bribing customers with oil changes. Telling them how to fill them out.

Makes you wonder if anyone at GM ever browses these forums for feedback? If so, maybe the system will change.

Until then, no bribes taken here, just honesty.
Not only do they browse these forums they also browse through facebook and other social media sites. I put a message on facebook about the factory not filling the freon and I got a PM from a GM customer rep asking if I wanted him to make an appointment for me to get it looked at.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #133
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
I can get a feel for a salesperson before any deals. If it doesnt feel right or they are pushy or annoying then I leave and maybe come back and just see a different sales man on the otherside of the showroon floor.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #134
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
those surveys are really stupid..it sucks for the workers..because anything besides A PERFECT SCORE isnt acceptable for them..i used to have those at my old job at the Bank and it used to suck and could cost someone their job..i just give 5 stars..4 stars are good from our point of view..but to their management it means nothing.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #135
Meganinmycamaro

Drives: 2012chevy camaro
They get bonuses only if they get all 5 stars on everything
Meganinmycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #136
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
Fortunately i didnt have such an ordeal, my sales experience so far has been great. i bought mine from the Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine. My sales person was great.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:48 AM   #137
fish907

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
IMO, any survey information should remain strictly anonymous. That he was able to review that information and also have access to which customer the survey was associated with is highly unprofessional.
The customer filling out the survey has the option make his or her survey anonymous. As for being able to review the information, that's sort of the point, don't you think? If this particular salesman hadn't gone off the deep-end, he may have learned something from the survey results. I don't think the survey system itself is flawed, but there are some misplaced priorities at work that can turn these surveys into a nightmare. There's too much focus placed on raw numbers, and not on using surveys as a coaching/learning tool.

Every dealership may be different, but it's not exactly a pass/fail system. There's a score composite, and sales consultants need to hit a certain percentage to have an acceptable score. There are certain key questions that are pass/fail like 'overall sales consultant' and 'would you recommend'. Some dealers yank bonuses or even let people go over poor scores.

Sometimes, and this is when it gets frustrating, you get penalized for things out of your control. Some customers will 'revenge' survey. For example, I had an otherwise very nice and level-headed customer give me a bad survey after he became upset with our finance manager over an interest-rate issue. This was something totally beyond my control, and no amount of effort to smooth things over after the sale prevented him from blasting me on my survey. What made things worse is that this was my very first survey (and my very first Camaro sale). The customer went on to state in the comments that he appreciated the service I gave him, and that I was the one person he trusted during the entire process. He was satisfied with how I had treated him, but my survey was all "1's" ... even the section for 'sales consultant'. I sat well below acceptable for quite a while, until more surveys rolled in to repair the devastation.

I recently got a bad survey from a real estate agent who, again, complimented me on a pleasant and quick experience, but thrashed me on the survey because she hated the orange color on our back walls (our store was recently remodeled and looks like the store on that Chevy web series, complete with the "Tang" colored back wall). She went so far as to say she didn't even want to come into the dealership because she could see the color from outside. No amount of coaching can undo this kind of madness.

I suppose the OP's salesman may have felt there were things out of his control affecting the survey. This doesn't excuse him calling a customer to complain about it, however. That was totally classless and unprofessional, and hopefully he will realize this soon, or he will be unemployed.
fish907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #138
RetPig

Drives: 2012 1LT RS, Inferno Orange Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
wow. i would vist the manager of the car lot about this situation!
I would have been at the Dealership right after hanging up and I would have flipped on either the Sales Mgr or Gen Mgr.
RetPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #139
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
your every salesman nightmare, lol.
WHY? Cause he bought a car from a dipshit and then was honest about it?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #140
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
I experienced the worst customer service in my life at a Phoenix dealer (Midway Chevy). They wouldnt budge on their price after they guaranteed they would match anybody in the state, even had a promise they would give you $500 if they didnt. A guy that was above a floor salesman but below a manager insulted me, called me a liar, and accused me of drafting up a fake numbers sheet that another dealer had just worked up for me. Did this in front of 10 plus customers and it was really a big scene.

Come survey time I absolutely slammed the dude and the dealership. I got at least two phone calls every day for two weeks, and then a few more for another month. Management was asking me if I bought a Camaro from somewhere else and was asking how much I paid. After the first two calls, anytime I got a call from that area code it got sent straight to voicemail.

Was buying a vehicle for my wife at a non-chevy dealer in the same area and told him that story. He said that dealership is supposedly the highest selling chevy dealership west of the mississippi and that is the reason for their arrogance. He said he would be lying if this wasnt the first or even the 10th time in the last year he heard a bad story about them.

Some people/dealerships are just shady. Best we can do is let others know so they dont have to deal w the same BS.
After all that, you still bought a car from them? WHY?