Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-05-2008, 02:34 AM   #43
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Agreed - and its been a royal pain to convince people at my work (and I live in oklahoma, of all places! You'd think american cars would be more popular here. Then again, I work at a university) that GM is loads better than it used to be - better, even, than many imports.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:47 AM   #44
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Agreed - and its been a royal pain to convince people at my work (and I live in oklahoma, of all places! You'd think american cars would be more popular here. Then again, I work at a university) that GM is loads better than it used to be - better, even, than many imports.
- Xanthos
when i try to tell my bmw driving uncle he just says that i just say that because im Biased....
Old 10-05-2008, 04:41 AM   #45
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
when i try to tell my bmw driving uncle he just says that i just say that because im Biased....
And coming from a '94 BMW driver myself, BMWs are going downhill, both performance and design wise. It's nice to see GM turn things around. After 02 when they canceled the camaro, the rest of the line looked pretty dim, and the future along with it... not anymore
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #46
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
It's amazing how biased some drivers of german and japanese cars can be. Some of my family members, I swear you can see it in their faces, they want to capitulate, but the stubbornness and pride just won't let go...
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #47
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
i'm a german car driver, but born an american muscle lover, i'll admit i'm biased against most japanese imports mainly because I hate the look of riced out cars and the fact that almost every kid w/ a Civic thinks he's in Fast and the Furious.

but i gotta say that the skyline is an Awsome car! and the fact that scion drivers have packed 40 psi of boost into their engines (not sure which engine) is outrageous. power to them!
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:28 PM   #48
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
how many of you have actually sat in the g8? i love the car but it has no switches on the door so it has everything in the center from windows to door locks to mirrors, and i dont like that
I didn't think it was that bad really. I actually kinda liked it.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #49
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i like it except for the center switches
Old 10-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #50
lilszoke

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs 81 and 78 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post

I have concerns about the interior though. The car is supposed to have mass market appeal. But in my opinion, they went too far with the interior, trying to make it so different. I think the interior will appeal well to younger buyers. But for 40-something professionals like myself, the interior has some shortcomings. I would have liked to have seen a little more class in the interior. Maybe I'll feel better when I see it in person.
its a camaro was'nt the 67 made for a younger buyers ?why wouldent th 2010 be the same
lilszoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #51
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
^I think that is correct, however I am sure GM would like to appeal to as many people as possible (who are into sports cars, at least). I don't mean to compare the two cars by any means, but if the Camaro (V6) can attract as wide a group as say the Honda Accord, that would be great IMO.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #52
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
I've not seen the interior except for these pics. Are all of them going to have plasic panels with the same color of the interior?
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #53
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
how many of you have actually sat in the g8? i love the car but it has no switches on the door so it has everything in the center from windows to door locks to mirrors, and i dont like that

sat in it,reminded me of my 90 formula 350 ,i loved it.Im left handed so i steer with my left hand,and it gave me freedom to use the window,locks,and mirrors without swtiching hands
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #54
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
ok i don't know when this interior fetish started BUT i could care less of how the interior looked just as it doesn't fall apart like my current 4th gen. to END my point i will say this when im showing off my car its mostly the outside i dont poll over and tell people "hay come look at my Great Interior" i drop it in second and let my LS1 do the talking for me!