Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 09-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #29
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I'm hoping the GT will be in this year's C&D lightning lap, which will be released this Tuesday, September 5th.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #30
Camaro Maybe

Drives: BMW 7 Series, Camaro Maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
It will catch up, so what? Those interested in Mustang's aren't really swayed by Camaro's performance advantages. The value is now likely to sway them, though. The Camaro will still outperform it(with exception of 1/4 mile possibly). You need the PP to match SS performance(if even). If the PP doesn't match standard SS performance I can't see why one would consider it over the Camaro now that pricing is similar.
Before the updates, the advantages the Camaro had over Mustang were:
  • Performance exhaust
  • Magnaride
  • More power and faster
  • Better handling and braking
That made the Camaro a no-brainer. Now 3 of those 4 advantages have been nullified....so for me and I would guess plenty of others, the Mustang goes from no way would I get it to maybe I will.
Camaro Maybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #31
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Maybe View Post
  • Performance exhaust
  • Magnaride
  • More power and faster
That made the Camaro a no-brainer. Now 3 of those 4 advantages have been nullified....so for me and I would guess plenty of others, the Mustang goes from no way would I get it to maybe I will.
Our NPP sounds better.
Magnetic ride is overrated.
There is nothing showing they will be faster with 5 more HP than an SS and less torque.

No thanks, not interested in the least. Still an eyesore too.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #32
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
Our NPP sounds better.
Magnetic ride is overrated.
There is nothing showing they will be faster with 5 more HP than an SS and less torque.

No thanks, not interested in the least. Still an eyesore too.
3 out of 4 of your points are subjective. Sound and looks are subjective, and it is up to the person is Magnetic ride is over rated or not.

Only thing that is measurable is performance. You are not interested, that's fine but when you ask why other people might be interested, there are plenty of reasons why OTHERS might be interested.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #33
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Hey "smart" guy, how about posting links to some performance comparisons between the 6th gen SS and GT instead?

I assume Motor Trend didn't do it because it would have been a shameful embarrassment for Ford. The only publication I remember even coming close to it was the Car and Driver Lightning Lap where the V6 ILE was faster on the track than a GTPP.

So enlighten us.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #34
jmackisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
3 out of 4 of your points are subjective. Sound and looks are subjective, and it is up to the person is Magnetic ride is over rated or not.

Only thing that is measurable is performance. You are not interested, that's fine but when you ask why other people might be interested, there are plenty of reasons why OTHERS might be interested.
The post in question implied that many others (presumably in the Camaro community) might buy one. I did not say I was speaking for everyone.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
Old 09-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #35
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
The post in question implied that many others (presumably in the Camaro community) might buy one. I did not say I was speaking for everyone.
My bad! Got your post mixed up with another poster.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 09-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #36
jmackisback

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
My bad! Got your post mixed up with another poster.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
Old 09-13-2017, 10:58 PM   #37
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Fully optioned 2018 GT Premium is 51,900. Base GT is around 46-47k with all the options.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #38
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Maybe View Post
  • Performance exhaust
  • Magnaride
  • More power and faster
Yes but price was also a factor because the Mustang was much cheaper. Now the pricing between these two are level and that will change things. Lots of people who bought brand new GTs because they could get them for dirt cheap (low $30K and high $20K in some cases) won't be able to do that now. So that will take away a lot of sales. And with this bump in power and all the goodies I still don't think the GT will completely match the SS. It'll close the gap but the GT will always be a modder's car.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:32 AM   #39
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes but price was also a factor because the Mustang was much cheaper. Now the pricing between these two are level and that will change things. Lots of people who bought brand new GTs because they could get them for dirt cheap (low $30K and high $20K in some cases) won't be able to do that now. So that will take away a lot of sales. And with this bump in power and all the goodies I still don't think the GT will completely match the SS. It'll close the gap but the GT will always be a modder's car.
I fully expect the GT with the A10 to run right with the A8 SS or possibly better at the strip and on the street. If it's capable of 3.9 second 0-60, the new A10 transmission is negating any torque advantage the SS holds. Now after the 60-mph mark this motor will really pour it on.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:22 AM   #40
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
While the MSRP is going up, I am sure the people will still be able to get deals. Hell, look at this forum lots of people got hella good deals on 2SS cars. Seems like Ford and GM are giving these things away if people can wait lol
Old 09-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #41
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I fully expect the GT with the A10 to run right with the A8 SS or possibly better at the strip and on the street. If it's capable of 3.9 second 0-60, the new A10 transmission is negating any torque advantage the SS holds. Now after the 60-mph mark this motor will really pour it on.
I agree. I think the two will be damn near tied in acceleration. I think the advantage that Camaro may hold on to is overall handling and driving dynamics, even with the upgrades to the Mustang suspension but I expect that gap to close also.

But I see Camaro getting the 10 speed also for model year 2019. It won't make much of a difference over the 8 speed, but it will help somewhat. Maybe squeeze out another 10th or two in the 1/4 mile and 0-60MPH.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #42
lpe403

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Fully optioned 2018 GT Premium is 51,900. Base GT is around 46-47k with all the options.
The 18 GT has gotten a little pricy
lpe403 is offline   Reply With Quote