Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 09-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #29
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Meh View Post
I find myself doing the same, but in reverse.. Every time I've tried going to iDevice, I end up hating the locked in box of an OS and end up back at Android.

Also, if you ever find yourself locked out of your iTunes account hard.. Kiss everything you bought goodbye, as Apple will not unlock it when TFA is on and you don't have your RK- key. I've known several people pretty much lose all their purchases over it.

Depending on which benching marking system you're talking about, some have been shown to favor Apple, on purpose due to how they're coded. Like with PC benchmarks, you can cheat your way around things to make it show whatever you'd like it to show and most major Droid/Apple stuff has been snared in that scheme at least once.

The whole iOS vs Android / Apple vs Droid is just going to cycle anyways and be just like Xbox vs PS4. Most all makes/models provide more-than-enough in the ways and areas that the majority use them and we're now at a point to where, save for some minority heavy users / work related issues, it's all nothing more than personal preference.

Very true. On one hand it's good Apple wants to be secure. On the other hand getting locked out of what's yours is absolutely asinine.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #30
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
Lol didnt mean to start a war. But samsung is making apples screens. Samsungs specs are always better every year, i phones are easy to use because they have the same screen loadout for years. Everyone i no who has an i phone their battery dies way to fast or their screen is cracked. Not to mention every year their taking away a feature and making u pay extra for it. First its the aux outlet, next its the home button, after that there will be no screen and u brainwashed people will still buy it.. lol i think i just made made the war worse. In all seriousness both phones are good but android is better :p
They also make screens for 15+ other companies including HP and Microsoft. Apple is a software company that happens to make devices out sourced by device makers, Samsung is a hardware company. So the fact you think Samsung making the screen for the iPhone is a big deal is ridiculous, somebody has to. Apple pays Samsung and Samsung pays google, somebody is always paying somebody else.

Everyone you 'no' huh? That's interesting because I don't know anyone with a cracked screen right now. My phone goes from 430am-9pm but okay I guess.

The headphone jack is gone and comes with a attachment with the phone to plug into the USB 3.0 (lightning) jack and gives you actual digital audio. How horrible.

I didn't realize the home button was needed? Considering everything is built into either the screen (tap to wake, slide to unlock) or the 2 part power button on the side now. But hey, you might give Samsung a commercial idea here.

Brainwashed people? Lol the Note 8 costs $995.

Your post sounds like all the Samsung commercials I see. "Omg the headphones on the bottom!! The phone is not even useable now!!!"

In fact, every Samsung commercial is about Apple anymore, it's pretty sad.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #31
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post

Brainwashed people? Lol the Note 8 costs $995

In fact, every Samsung commercial is about Apple anymore, it's pretty sad.
iphone X (10) cost $999. Why is that even funny that the Note 8 is $39 to $49 cheaper? (Note 8 is $960) Verizon. $950 through Samsung
Samsungs commercials just follow what apple did to MS.

Last edited by chris227; 09-20-2017 at 12:47 AM. Reason: correct info
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #32
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
In my opinion, it's the software that makes Apple what it is. That and the fact that primarily other developers will write for Apple and the software is usually more bulletproof. I realize that statement will start a war.....Apple and Trump seem to elicit more hate that any other entities I can think of......ridiculous......
Lol...I just prefer Android, any IT support person like myself agree also, Apple is more simplistic, hence why the average person gravitates towards it.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #33
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
I have the 6 as well, there is a case maker Chevy recommends that allows wireless charging function to work. I have it, but had to change to wireless at home and work as well, or you have to remove case.
That Sucks, cause I was about to look into picking up that case. Oh well, I plan on upgrading anyway. The technology in the Camaro is one of the reasons I purchased. Love the new electronics in cars.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:54 AM   #34
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyCode View Post
My smart watch fits in and charges fine
lol never thought about that

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #35
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Anybody get an iPhone 8Plus to charge? Any ideas for an adapter for larger phones or tablets?
Old 10-19-2017, 07:14 PM   #36
bucknut2006

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10, 2015 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
Anybody get an iPhone 8Plus to charge? Any ideas for an adapter for larger phones or tablets?
Does not fit at all.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #37
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
GM FAIL!

“Wireless charging in 2017 and earlier models from Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC does not meet the requirements for Qi certification and thus will not work with the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. ”

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/24...less-chargers/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208148

Last edited by libertyforall; 10-24-2017 at 09:14 PM.
libertyforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #38
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Is the Qi a hardware or software change

If hardware is it as simple as ordering the 18 charging pad or will the software in the head unit need to be synced
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:52 PM   #39
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Is the Qi a hardware or software change

If hardware is it as simple as ordering the 18 charging pad or will the software in the head unit need to be synced
How to Cert via UL
https://industries.ul.com/wp-content...ervice-eng.pdf

Cert
https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium....ification.html

Specs

Cert Products
https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/
Old 10-27-2017, 10:32 AM   #40
6spdhyperblue

Looks like same part numbers for the charging pads from 17 to 18. Are theses things communicating with the radio or just a 12v source. If they actually don’t have different part numbers maybe it is software
Old 10-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #41
TimsZ28

Drives: '16 2SS, '14 Z71
LOL Marketing loves to play games at times. Whomever told the author "GM Does not meet Qi Standards" is funny. What they meant to say was, There are THREE Qi standards. Low, Medium, and High. The Automotive world (not gm) decided low would be the best for them. Well Apple launched their first wireless charging capable phone that will ONLY accept a medium Qi Standard 1.1. with 7.5w to 15w supplied for charging. They do not allow the phone to accept the Qi standard low or 1.0 which is 5w like most of GM and most wireless chargers sold before now.

So APPLE does not accept "Qi standard chargers". They do accept "Qi standard 1.1 chargers." They just forgot to tell you about the fine print. So they accept 1 out of 3 Qi standards and if you have one of the others you do not charge.

GM FAIL? Naa. Apple just being Apple. So if GM had the highest standard charger, putting out the most wattage to fast charge your phone apple wouldn't accept it.

It is not GM. and GM has already began to adapt and put medium standard Qi chargers in some new models as they know they will take the blame for this.

Check this out. If you go the their website here.
Scroll down and download the PDF at the bottom about "guidelines for automotive". You will see Qi itself telling the automotive world that the low standard 1.0 or 5w is what we should use. GM did that. Your GM charger in your Camaro meets the Qi Standard in the downloadable PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
GM FAIL!

“Wireless charging in 2017 and earlier models from Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC does not meet the requirements for Qi certification and thus will not work with the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. ”

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/24...less-chargers/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208148

Last edited by TimsZ28; 10-29-2017 at 09:40 AM.
TimsZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:39 AM   #42
6spdhyperblue

Hopefully GM will put together a diy upgrade for $50. I mean GM is only putting these chargers in top trims and they charge mega bucks for it. It would be nice to be able to say I used the wireless charger one time