Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #1
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
840HP it's here!!!

No price yet, that I could find...Limited production 3,000 US and 300 Canada...A stripped down Hellcat but I've got to give it to Dodge their raising the bar and it's going to be hard to compete with the HP and the cost is gonna be ridiculous...I love my ZL1 but would test drive this car in a heartbeat...
Attached Images

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #2
Misterleeman

Drives: 2013 ZL1
It's a drag car, not a complete car.
Misterleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #3
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
The entire thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480352

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
LordAndroid

Its a street and strip car if you want the passenger seat dodge will offer it to you. Lets not begin the "hate" production like this is what we the consumer needs to keep the market alive and wake up the competition. 6 years ago we would of never imagine let alone see a super charged 650hp factory produced camaro and its here because the Hellcat shook the market and dodge is at it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Respect what Dodge had brought to the table. They took it a step further

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I said it in another thread, cool car, lucky to see the HP wars again. Never thought I would see it again after 73.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
I said it in another thread, cool car, lucky to see the HP wars again. Never thought I would see it again after 73.
+1. But if I am selling my car with Drag Radials and no seats, it opens the market for all of the Big 3 to play in the sub 10 sec range. I respect how Chevy and Ford have approached it which is very capable strip cars if you want to mod them that way, but awesome left and right cars if you don't.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #8
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I like it. It's nice to see a full size Muscle Car. I think it's very cool.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #9
Hulk

Drives: 2011 Synenergy Green 2SS/RS
TOO MUCH HORSE POWER IS ALMOST NOT ENOUGH
Old 04-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
No doubt a car you want to stay away from on the strip and at red lights, but that's if you ever see one. All this will really do is allow the keyboard warrior 16 year old kids to go mad in comment sections of videos and forums about how Chevy is shit and Fords new GT500 will have 700-800 HP and Mopar is still the fastest (LOL at "Still") and all that. You know how it goes.

I read somewhere that it has 1023 Crank HP, and 840 WHEEL HP. That's right, 840 WHP with a warranty, could be wrong, but the person who wrote it attended the reveal. 2.3 second 0-60 is no joke, fastest stock thing on a tire for the most part. 4 drag radials and skinnies from the factory that are stored in the rear, giving you two spare tires when you go to the strip. It's clear what it's built for, straight line speed.

3000 cars puts it into the rare class. I live in an area (Motor City) where cars are extremely plentiful. And I still rarely see ZR1s/ZL1s and they made 4500 and 9000 of them (I believe) respectively. Don't worry about it, let the Mopar fan boys have their fun. The car starts at $85,000 by the way and no doubt can be optioned up and will be sold WELL north of sticker like GT350s and Hellcats were when they came out.

And as far as the previous poster that said Ford and Chevy can both build left and right cars, that crown definitely belongs exclusively to Chevy, with exception to the GT350R, they (Ford) haven't made a corner car...ever. Whereas the new ZL1s out handle $300,000 super cars, heck even our ZL1s out drive a good amount of supercars, and Corvettes are even ahead of the Camaros.

In my opinion, Ford is currently the furthest behind, which is a tad surprising. We all know Mopar can build straight line fast cars, and Chevy can build a Camaro that is more like a sports car than a muscle car as well as super car killing Corvettes, but what does Ford to? Crash into crowds as of now . No doubt the new GT500 will be a GT350R with improvements and a blower and will be a beast, not taking away from that but as of now, they pretty much have nothing in the game.

Just my .02
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #11
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
No doubt a car you want to stay away from on the strip and at red lights, but that's if you ever see one. All this will really do is allow the keyboard warrior 16 year old kids to go mad in comment sections of videos and forums about how Chevy is shit and Fords new GT500 will have 700-800 HP and Mopar is still the fastest (LOL at "Still") and all that. You know how it goes.

I read somewhere that it has 1023 Crank HP, and 840 WHEEL HP. That's right, 840 WHP with a warranty, could be wrong, but the person who wrote it attended the reveal. 2.3 second 0-60 is no joke, fastest stock thing on a tire for the most part. 4 drag radials and skinnies from the factory that are stored in the rear, giving you two spare tires when you go to the strip. It's clear what it's built for, straight line speed.

3000 cars puts it into the rare class. I live in an area (Motor City) where cars are extremely plentiful. And I still rarely see ZR1s/ZL1s and they made 4500 and 9000 of them (I believe) respectively. Don't worry about it, let the Mopar fan boys have their fun. The car starts at $85,000 by the way and no doubt can be optioned up and will be sold WELL north of sticker like GT350s and Hellcats were when they came out.

And as far as the previous poster that said Ford and Chevy can both build left and right cars, that crown definitely belongs exclusively to Chevy, with exception to the GT350R, they (Ford) haven't made a corner car...ever. Whereas the new ZL1s out handle $300,000 super cars, heck even our ZL1s out drive a good amount of supercars, and Corvettes are even ahead of the Camaros.

In my opinion, Ford is currently the furthest behind, which is a tad surprising. We all know Mopar can build straight line fast cars, and Chevy can build a Camaro that is more like a sports car than a muscle car as well as super car killing Corvettes, but what does Ford to? Crash into crowds as of now . No doubt the new GT500 will be a GT350R with improvements and a blower and will be a beast, not taking away from that but as of now, they pretty much have nothing in the game.

Just my .02

I have run against a pack of GT350R's on a track and they were quite impressive in braking and turns, but obviously not any match in a straight run for a modded Z. If someone would mod for horsepower it would be a very impressive car on the track.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #12
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

Just my .02
I think you're right on the money.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #13
gbu27

I think people forget that mopar also has an amazing track built car, viper acr
gbu27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #14
NVERL8TE

Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
No price yet, that I could find...Limited production 3,000 US and 300 Canada...A stripped down Hellcat but I've got to give it to Dodge their raising the bar and it's going to be hard to compete with the HP and the cost is gonna be ridiculous...I love my ZL1 but would test drive this car in a heartbeat...
Would you recommand only going with a stage 1 kit on this car?

j/k
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote