Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #43
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
but what I am really excited about is the LT1, A8, MRC, NPP, Driver modes, radiators out the wazoo. Oh, and the 200 lb. diet. ... If this thing drives like I think it will, then pricing my matter a little less...
I agree with you whole-heartedly.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:51 AM   #44
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmbtwilli View Post
A. Loved it since it pulled onto the stage at the reveal.
You have to see it in person to appreciate how all the new styling details work together.
I was at the reveal. The car, especially in blue, initially excited me. Then I spent some time examining it, and my feelings cooled quickly, which was a shame because there were many great improvements to love.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 07-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #45
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
The way I felt when I first saw it was that that I did not hate it.
It didn't make me excited, but I didn't hate it.

Now I thought well lets look at the new Mustang, when it was first revealed, I couldn't believe how ugly it was. Before I go on, I am a car guy, doesn't matter what it is, what brand what model, if its a great car I can appreciate it. Plus we have a 05 mustang at home that parks beside my 5th gen

The new mustang has absolutely grown on me tremendously, to the point that I drool at the Blue 5.0s that blow by me.

So if the Mustang, which I absolutely hated grew on me, then this design, which I am not wowed by, is something I'm guessing I will learn to absolutely love...
Yeah, I'm hoping it grows on me too. Perhaps seeing it on the street among other cars where it has a chance to stand out might work for me, as that seems to be the case with the new Mustang.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:00 AM   #46
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

I want to like it, I do...

Folks, I just want to say thanks for the responses. I pondered making this post for a long time, expecting to take some slack and be called a troll. I remember when I first joined this site I took a lot of grief over my Mustang ownership and how some interpreted my posts. None the less, the styling was really something I wanted to discuss with fans of the car, to "open my eyes", if you will. And the responses have been great. I really appreciate that. I guess I'm considered part of the Forum now, in spite of my Mustang ownership. Maybe that's why I was invited to the reveal. As luck would have it, the Ford guys still see me in a good light as well, and I've been invited to a track day test of the upcoming GT350 variants. Some days it's good to be a car guy.

Last edited by Fenderaddict2; 07-26-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:41 AM   #47
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
and I've been invited to a track day test of the upcoming GT350 variants. Some days it's good to be a car guy.
I have seen the GT350 on the road a few times when I went to visit friends on the east side of the state (Michigander here) and I must say that thing is just beautiful! It's road presence is great and I would love to be able to drive one on a track someday. Have fun with that track day and I would love to hear your initial impressions and thoughts on it after you have driven it. And I agree, some days it is good to be a car guy, except when you break shit lol
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #48
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Folk, I just want to say thanks for the responses. I pondered making this post for a long time, expecting to take some slack and be called a troll. I remember when I first joined this site I took a lot of grief over my Mustang ownership and how some interpreted my posts. None the less, the styling was really something I wanted to discuss with fans of the car, to "open my eyes", if you will. And the responses have been great. I really appreciate that. I guess I'm considered part of the Forum now, in spite of my Mustang ownership. Maybe that's why I was invited to the reveal. As luck would have it, the Ford guys still see me in a good light as well, and I've been invited to a track day test of the upcoming GT350 variants. Some days it's good to be a car guy.
Thats the way it should be all the time. Yeh, we bust each others ball about chevy vs ford but at the end of the day we are all part of the same crowd. The love of cars keeps us banded together.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #49
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
D, I think they did not put any time and energy into this car. Still think its a refresh in its look. Do not like the nostril hood, Do not like the back. The LT version motors do not seem ground breaking in any way. Since the reveal Chevy has not put any advertising dollar's in the car at all. Zero commercials. Caddy had commercials all over the place with sneak peaks. Can not put my finger on it but there seems to be no corporate push on the car. I will keep my 13 ZL1 for a very long time. The one thing I am going to be interested in is the price if GM crosses the 50,000.00 line for the SS, I think they will lose a lot of potential buyers to the mustang. Time will tell!!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:16 AM   #50
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
A & C for me. I really was "meh" on the current gen, while Wifey loved it. I test drove them a few years ago and just felt for me, the 12 5.0 was a better fit.

I sold the Mustang off for reasons, and now that the kids are out of the house, and it's just me and Wifey, I'm back in the market. I do like the new Mustang, but I really like the updates to the Camaro. Wifey thinks I'm crazy cause she doesn't see much of a difference (she still likes the new one) between the two, but something about the 16 SS really does it for me. Also, I love the new Scat Pack Challengers, but it seems for me, the SS just has "it".
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #51
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
D, I think they did not put any time and energy into this car. Still think its a refresh in its look. Do not like the nostril hood, Do not like the back. The LT version motors do not seem ground breaking in any way. Since the reveal Chevy has not put any advertising dollar's in the car at all. Zero commercials. Caddy had commercials all over the place with sneak peaks. Can not put my finger on it but there seems to be no corporate push on the car. I will keep my 13 ZL1 for a very long time. The one thing I am going to be interested in is the price if GM crosses the 50,000.00 line for the SS, I think they will lose a lot of potential buyers to the mustang. Time will tell!!
So much wrong in this post. I'll leave the looks comments alone since they are very much opinions and everyone has different tastes.

But...

LT not ground breaking? So I guess the first DI V8 from Detroit with a single cam capable of almost 30mpg in the C7 and also pushing that car deep into the 11s is not ground breaking at all. Let me guess slapping a huge blower on last years engine or using crankshaft technology from the turn of the century is? (and no that isn't a knock against either)

Caddy is hurting for sales and is trying to get buyers into the showrooms. Why would Chevy advertise a car not on sale yet and has had no problems selling the last 5 years? More importantly have you seen a Mustang commercial? Ford doesn't need to advertise Mustang to sell a crap load of them. These cars sell themselves. The only cars that need advertising are the ones not selling. Hell I just saw a 5th gen Z/28 commercial advertising 0% APR for 72 months. Think we all know the reason for that.

As far as price, remains to be seen. But over a $10k increase in price? Are you serious? The Mustang GT Premium has a lot of the things on the 2SS (not all) and doesn't even come close to that.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #52
HuJass

Drives: GM
D
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #53
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
So much wrong in this post. I'll leave the looks comments alone since they are very much opinions and everyone has different tastes.

But...

LT not ground breaking? So I guess the first DI V8 from Detroit with a single cam capable of almost 30mpg in the C7 and also pushing that car deep into the 11s is not ground breaking at all. Let me guess slapping a huge blower on last years engine or using crankshaft technology from the turn of the century is? (and no that isn't a knock against either)

Caddy is hurting for sales and is trying to get buyers into the showrooms. Why would Chevy advertise a car not on sale yet and has had no problems selling the last 5 years? More importantly have you seen a Mustang commercial? Ford doesn't need to advertise Mustang to sell a crap load of them. These cars sell themselves. The only cars that need advertising are the ones not selling. Hell I just saw a 5th gen Z/28 commercial advertising 0% APR for 72 months. Think we all know the reason for that.

As far as price, remains to be seen. But over a $10k increase in price? Are you serious? The Mustang GT Premium has a lot of the things on the 2SS (not all) and doesn't even come close to that.
Well in the sprit of good discussion. Direct Injection is not new. It was developed during WWII in airplane engines. Many car company's have been building DI motors since the early 2000's, GM had Direct injection in there Eco engine in 2006 . GM went to the DI V8 because of emissions. Instead of designing a new engine they did this to buy them maybe 5 years before they are forced to redesign before technology passes them by, It is a stopgap measure because DI motors have there own set of problems. 1 excessive carbon buildup in the combustion chamber, and 2 heat buildup. That's why the 3 radiators in the car. The corvette LT4 is suffering from the heat sink problem. Time will tell how durable these engines will be, especially the modified ones.
As for advertising, they are opening the order banks on Aug, 13. Better get going.
Price, well this is a theory it seems they are rolling the SS, and the 1le together and knowing GM the consumer will pay the price. They want to sell many, many 4 cylinders.
To the last point Yes we all know why they are going to have all kinds of incentives for the Z/28. Just get the car off my lot!!

And PS Love the Camaro in my life I have had 5. Still have my 69 Z/28 that I ordered new.

Name:  69 Z28.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  114.3 KB
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #54
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
And PS Love the Camaro in my life I have had 5. Still have my 69 Z/28 that I ordered new.

Attachment 731675

want.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #55
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
want.
Me too jealous!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver