Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Things I learned at the NY Auto Show

First the new C7 Corvette coupe and convertible are Gorgeous! I'm particularly in love with the red interior.

Second the Chevrolet SS is another awesome looking car. I love the interior and the seats. The car looks sharp. I was also able to squeak out some information that they were given the go ahead to release. The SS sedan WILL get a manual transmission! Just not this model year.

Third to those that have not had the chance to see the 2014 Camaro and the Z28 in person you really shouldn't make judgements till you do.

These cars are beautiful. The front clips and the hood looks great and the reverse mohawk that everyone loved on the 2010 now starts on the hood following the lines of the heat extractor.

The tail lights look awesome. Pictures don't do them justice and in person. They really work well with the rear of the car. I can guaranty that once you see them you will like at least one of them (RS or non-RS).

The paint on the Z28 is other worldly. It's amazing and sad that it wont be available but it won't be scratch resistant and as many current car owners know the last thing we want is paint that would hold up less than what we already have.

The paint on the 2014 refresh is great new color. The "Red Rock" is very close to an IOM ( those that want IOM fear not this will be your choice on a 2014) but with more red. It's (perhaps not the best example) a tomato soupy red with a lot of metallic in it.

The Recaros were very nice looking. I only wish I could have sat in them without the suburbans running me down afterwards.

Keep the faith! GM is on a roll. I went to every corner of that large building and GM has so many great products. The Camaro will continue to be #1.
Attached Images

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
v6sonoma

More Pics!
Attached Images

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
v6sonoma

Even More Pics!
Attached Images

9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Thank you for sharing. A lot of us are dieing to see these change's in person to make our final judgement on the refresh.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Amazing shots....C7 is crazy hot...wow
Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Very nice. I'm liking theses cars more and more.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'm getting to where I can handle the non-RS tail lights on the '14. Still I would rather have my '10 lights. The RS lights....just look like crap IMO. I guess I should reserve judgment till I see them in person but from every thing I've seen so far ....

IMO as a general statement the taillights don't work. It reminds me of the taillight difference between the early 2nd Gen Camaros (greatness!!!) vs the '74 and up......failure.

I'm also glad I wasn't forced into the hood extractor. I think that should've been an option. With some stripe packages is would work, or even without stripes it is okay but for those of us with rally stripes it doesn't work. I'm also going to assume that you can no longer get rally stripes put on by the dealer like the previous years.

The only thing that I think is a great addition is the Recaro seats. Sure wish I could've ordered those. Hope that I can get them retrofitted some day without having to give up an arm and a leg for them.

Everyone is going to have their own preference. There are those that are going to love the new upgrades. I'm just in the camp that doesn't care for them at all. Maybe that will change when I see it in person but I really doubt it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote