Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-19-2017, 06:57 AM   #15
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I love my BC Er's. They do not clunk, it is usually other stuff like sway links, strut nut not tight enough, or fasteners not tight. Only issue I had was to clearance the BMT LCA's with a slot so the resv hose would not get pinched when lowering the car. Other nice thing is you can dial in the ride height perfectly. Another thing I learned after lots of tweaking is not to set them too soft or you may get some "noise". I wound up with 15/12 front, and 16/12 rear, and only go up from there. Lastly - they are a beautiful piece.

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #16
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I haven't been able to drive on them yet since its winter, but I'll keep this updated when I do. The reason that i went with BC is because they are a pretty big name in the coil over world. Many companies private label their coilovers since they have figured out a good design. If they aren't good I'll change them out for something else, but I don't plan on having any issues.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #17
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Mann.. you guys got me drooling here over your nice set ups with the BC coilovers! I just put a new BMR front sway bar in place of the stock and was impressed with the product. Cant wait to pick up a set of these BC coilovers myself. I have only heard good things and great price reviews myself.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #18
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
I love my BC Er's. They do not clunk, it is usually other stuff like sway links, strut nut not tight enough, or fasteners not tight. Only issue I had was to clearance the BMT LCA's with a slot so the resv hose would not get pinched when lowering the car. Other nice thing is you can dial in the ride height perfectly. Another thing I learned after lots of tweaking is not to set them too soft or you may get some "noise". I wound up with 15/12 front, and 16/12 rear, and only go up from there. Lastly - they are a beautiful piece.

The camber plates are icing on the cake
Old 01-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #19
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Hesster, that is one god damn clean car!! Looks awesome, and the ER's look good too. Did they come with adjustable sway bar links? For me, it's probably between them and the RideTechs.....Love that Quick Jack too. Getting on next week for my B-day!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #20
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I initially went with BMR adjustable sways, but changed the rear to a JPSS since it mounts outboard on the LCA like a 1LE. Nice upgrade. I think if one is gonna pop for coilovers, then get the camber/caster plates (like Moreno) since a dealer can dial in a exact alignment (including caster!). Took them 2 hours to do it, but wound up within 0.1 of a degree to my requirements. The ride comfort is also excellent - even with the 22" Foose wheels with 265/30 F and 315/25 R tires, and some serious ass suspension mods.

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #21
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Smile BC Racing Rear Coil Overs

Got the BC Racing rear coil overs installed last night along with the rest of the rear end! The install was very straight forward. The part that took the most time was the holes in the trunk for the adjuster. We ended up drilling a hole then test fitting the coil over and making adjustments with a grinding bit on a drill and dremel. I had to become one with my Camaro to fine tune the holes. LOL
Attached Images

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.

Last edited by BurnedRubber; 01-23-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: adding content
Old 01-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #22
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
BC Racing is not the same as the Megan/Buddy Club that others may be thinking of.

Yes they are made overseas (Taiwan?), maybe even in the same facility as some cheaper stuff, but they are made well for the price.

I ran a set of the BC Racing BR series very hard for a few years on my Mazdaspeed3, a lot of track time on pretty harsh Texas tracks. They are good for the track, less good for the street. On the mazda, they definitely had less travel, and fairly stiff so bumpy roads they won't be cushy. Where I would occasionally get a clunk is the scenario that you run over a 2x4 on the road or something along those lines, pretty normal for most any suspension if you hit something with that sharp of an impact at speed.

If I recall correctly, BC even dyno's them to match them up before selling as a set.

After much abuse, running big sways and many miles of all out track days (and a short bit of time trials) on some bumpy road courses with NT01R tires, I eventually cracked the sway bar mount on one of my BC's. (If anyone runs around Austin, this setup lapped Harris Hill Road in 1.29 - not ground breaking but decent for the speed3)

If I had to do it over again with that car, I probably would spend more on better c/o's but I was pretty happy overall with the bang for the buck and years of service the BCs provided. KW Variant 3's would have been a decent midrange step up. Or possibly springs + koni / bilsteins might have have been slightly better.

Regardless, with my budget setup that mazda terrorized a lot of faster cars

I would bet the BC's are the best of the affordable coilovers out there. I tried a set of Stance coilovers that were hyped up pretty hard, they cost more than the BCs and they were total garbage by comparison. Nothing but trouble with those. Wound up going back to stock and using the mazduh as the tow vehicle for my motorcycle track habit that took over.

Sorry for the rant'n'ramble. Good luck and enjoy your new suspension!

Last edited by bkevind; 01-24-2017 at 06:49 PM.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:01 PM   #23
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
BC Racing is not the same as the Megan/Buddy Club that others may be thinking of.

Yes they are made overseas (Taiwan?), maybe even in the same facility as some cheaper stuff, but they are made well for the price.

I ran a set of the BC Racing BR series very hard for a few years on my Mazdaspeed3, a lot of track time on pretty harsh Texas tracks. They are good for the track, less good for the street. On the mazda, they definitely had less travel, and fairly stiff so bumpy roads they won't be cushy. Where I would occasionally get a clunk is the scenario that you run over a 2x4 on the road or something along those lines, pretty normal for most any suspension if you hit something with that sharp of an impact at speed.

If I recall correctly, BC even dyno's them to match them up before selling as a set.

After much abuse, running big sways and many miles of all out track days (and a short bit of time trials) on some bumpy road courses with NT01R tires, I eventually cracked the sway bar mount on one of my BC's. (If anyone runs around Austin, this setup lapped Harris Hill Road in 1.29 - not ground breaking but decent for the speed3)

If I had to do it over again with that car, I probably would spend more on better c/o's but I was pretty happy overall with the bang for the buck and years of service the BCs provided. KW Variant 3's would have been a decent midrange step up. Or possibly springs + koni / bilsteins might have have been slightly better.

Regardless, with my budget setup that mazda terrorized a lot of faster cars

I would bet the BC's are the best of the affordable coilovers out there. I tried a set of Stance coilovers that were hyped up pretty hard, they cost more than the BCs and they were total garbage by comparison. Nothing but trouble with those. Wound up going back to stock and using the mazduh as the tow vehicle for my motorcycle track habit that took over.

Sorry for the rant'n'ramble. Good luck and enjoy your new suspension!
I will enjoy it for sure! Thanks for your input, Ill create a new thread that has a full review of them once I've been able to drive on them for a bit.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:48 AM   #24
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
Guys will the BC coilovers clear 10" front wheels on 275/40/20 and 11" rear wheels on 315/35/20?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:18 AM   #25
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSS View Post
Guys will the BC coilovers clear 10" front wheels on 275/40/20 and 11" rear wheels on 315/35/20?

Yes they actually have more clearance than the factory setup.......

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:37 AM   #26
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSS View Post

Yes on fronts. 35 offset is fine. 35 rear offset should be good for the 11s, though I have done only 10.5", and 10.75" on a 19 wheel, but have plenty of clearance
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #27
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
Glad to hear that guys! Thanks

MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote