Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #15
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
With all the problems the 6th gens are having, they probably abandoned ship. lol!
My mothers 6th gen is currently fighting her dealer over the transmission shutter unfortunately

All they did was flush the fluid and the problem remains. Dad told her to drive it till she smokes the trans and then force GM to pay for the roadside assistance

A shame to be honest
Old 12-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #16
Gstick

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
My mothers 6th gen is currently fighting her dealer over the transmission shutter unfortunately

All they did was flush the fluid and the problem remains. Dad told her to drive it till she smokes the trans and then force GM to pay for the roadside assistance

A shame to be honest

I think that I'll stay with my 5th Gen !
Gstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #17
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
would just be happy if they stopped sending the key recall thingy.....if they cared they would have found a better solution IMO

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #18
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
With all the problems the 6th gens are having, they probably abandoned ship. lol!
Now, now... other then some of the 8 speeds having shutter issues I haven't seen wide spread problems with the car..
Old 12-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #19
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Now, now... other then some of the 8 speeds having shutter issues I haven't seen wide spread problems with the car..
It looks like there is a class action lawsuit.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544076

Another common problem reported in Camaro6 is the windshield fogging when the AC is on. The problem does not seem isolated. It is common.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #20
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
would just be happy if they stopped sending the key recall thingy.....if they cared they would have found a better solution IMO
If you go to the dealer and sign the release they will stop sending you the recalls. Or take one key have the recall done but keep the switchblade in the other.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #21
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
It looks like there is a class action lawsuit.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544076

Another common problem reported in Camaro6 is the windshield fogging when the AC is on. The problem does not seem isolated. It is common.
Yep read that a while back, it's on the A8 in general. Not all A8 have the issue but a lot do.. My 2017 SS and 2017 Colorado both have A8.. knock on wood all good so far. My In-laws have a 2019 Colorado and it had the issue, replacing the TC and trans flush fixed theirs.

As for as the AC fogging I've even had that issue in the my area with my old GEN5 when it's damp out. At the end of the day the GEN6 is a really good car. I've owned both and both GENs have there down sides and good sides

Last edited by Memphis SS; 12-31-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #22
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstick View Post
I think that I'll stay with my 5th Gen !
GM should stand by their customers is the problem

Ford is currently doing the same thing to the new Mustang owners. Piston slap in the new 5.0 and Fords official fix is to tell customers to deal with it unless the engine blows then they'll replace it
Old 12-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #23
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
If you go to the dealer and sign the release they will stop sending you the recalls. Or take one key have the recall done but keep the switchblade in the other.
Sorry, there is no such release anymore. Every time you go to the dealer, they will ask you to do it.

It is illegal for them to not do a safety recall when they have the car. And BTW why on earth would you try to avoid a safety recall?

Last edited by Rock-It Man; 12-29-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #24
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Yep read that a while back, it's on the A8 in general. Not all A8 have the issue but a lot do.. My 2017 SS and 2017 Colorado both have A8.. knock on wood all good so far. My In-laws have a 2019 Colorado and it had the issue, replacing the TC and trans flush fixed theirs.

As for as the AC fogging I've even had that issue in the my area with my old GEN5 when it damp out. At the end of the day the GEN6 is a really good car. I've owned both and both GENs have there down sides and good sides
It may be a good car, but I think it's made way more cheaply than the 5th gen.

The local Carmax had a newer ZL1 and when reached for the door handle and pulled it, the whole outer door panel flexed backed and forth when pulled on the handle. My 5th gen doesn't do that.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #25
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Sorry, there is no such release anymore. Every time you go t the dealer, they will ask you to do it.

It is illegal for them to not do a safety recall when they have the car. And BTW why on earth would you try to avoid a safety recall?
The key recall is a joke. I've tried every possible way to hit the key with my knee. Absolutely impossible. But I don't have a big key ring with tons of other keys on it.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:14 PM   #26
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
The key recall is a joke. I've tried every possible way to hit the key with my knee. Absolutely impossible. But I don't have a big key ring with tons of other keys on it.
The risk is that your knee will hit the key during an emergency, like a collision or violent braking, rather than while doing stretching exercises.

If you want to try "every possible way" you need to drive into a brick wall.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #27
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
The risk is that your knee will hit the key during an emergency, like a collision or violent braking, rather than while doing stretching exercises.

If you want to try "every possible way" you need to drive into a brick wall.
If I drive into a brick wall, I'm in big trouble. I've removed the front crash bar.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:15 AM   #28
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
It may be a good car, but I think it's made way more cheaply than the 5th gen.

The local Carmax had a newer ZL1 and when reached for the door handle and pulled it, the whole outer door panel flexed backed and forth when pulled on the handle. My 5th gen doesn't do that.
I've owned both and I call BS on your built cheaper..
Your comment just shows how little you know about the new GEN.
I'm a big fan of both