Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #1
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Curious, your wish list for what the car should have had?

For me driving a 2ss it would be,

1- Phone pocket somewhere. A small mini net maybe by the passenger side.

2- Adjustment of USB ports.. Not sure why they point that way. It will ruin your cable in due time and blocks you from using the bottom of the mini holder there.. Horrible placement period.

3- electronically adjustable steering AND pedals

4- Bigger side door pocket. It's entirely useless.

5- FRONT SENSORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by samsumon; 04-20-2016 at 11:28 AM.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
All except #3 are doable, no charge, #3 will cost you ....

Good list.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
Curious, your wish list for what the car should have had?

I agree with all of those except 3. Steering wheel and pedal placement is fine for me. Also driving a 2SS by the way.

1- larger opening for trunk. Once again we have a sizeable trunk with a tiny opening.

2- manual seat adjust, at least for moving the seat forward and back. Im short so i sit pretty far up for pedal reach but that makes getting in and out of the car a pain unless i can swing the door all the way open (not a common occurrence). So i use the little seat memory thing and its so slow, i wish i just had the lever so i can slide back then slide forward.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
JonGSA

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
1) relocated 12v port - move it to the side of the console maybe. It looks out of place next to the parking brake switch and in the way when shifting and have crap in the cupholders.

2) more audio controls - give us more options for the sound system ( especially with the Blose). a subwoofer slider and enabled/disable DSP...etc

3) bigger charging pad - i thought it was pretty neat when I got the car... but when my phone didnt fit the pad..... :/

4)make the armrest storage pocket a bit deeper. it basically useless. I would love if it was a hair deeper to store my EZpass in it.

I agree on a phone pocket ....had the car for 3 weeks already I still cant find a good spot for my phone. I always end up throwing it on the passenger seat. When I have a passenger...then...crap. I got nothing.

Other money pits:
'13 S1000RR
'11 R1200 GS Adventure
'01 HD Sporty 1250
JonGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #5
diirk

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
1. Definitely more interior storage.
2. Would like to see an ipod connection/pocket in the glove box.
3. Side opening arm rest.
4. Hooks in the trunk for a cargo net.
5. Bag hooks in the trunk from the package tray.
6. Single push close for the sunroof.
7. Water bottle size storage in the doors.
8. Passenger side floor mat clips.
9. Front proximity sensors.
10. Proximity lock/unlock for the doors instead of the silver button.
11. Lumbar adjustment.
12. Radio volume controls on left side of steering wheel.
13. Custom definable HUD and DIC.
14. Google maps for Nav.
15. Bluetooth theater mode instead of or in additional to USB.
16. Locking gas cap.
17. Oh Sh!t passenger handle.
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #6
Joshfrisco

Drives: 6GC
Folding side mirrors, that is all.
Joshfrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:28 AM   #7
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diirk View Post
8. Passenger side floor mat clips.
9. Front proximity sensors.
Those would be on my wishlist also. For me a top mounted gas pedal would be better. I'm finding a lot of pebbles like to accumulate at the base of that pedal and it's difficult to vacuum. I really don't know why the got rid of the passenger side floor mat clips. It's not a huge deal, but it's something that should have remained there. The proximity sensors in the front would be awesome.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #8
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Side opening arm rest is a real good one. Why they have it tilted to the back is strange to me.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:22 AM   #9
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Some good suggestions.

Have to agree on the phone storage. Be great if there was a pocket for both the driver and the passenger.

Door storage pockets should be large enough to at least fit a decent sized water bottle. Can't even stuff a 16 oz $1 water in there.

Only thing the door storage is good for is storing a pen / receipts (trash).

Went out to the beach (1 hour 15 minute drive) with my wife and 2 small dogs last weekend and my wife didn't want to go in my car because:
1. Small Windows
2. No storage space

We still took my car and of course she slept the whole way home. So it must not be uncomfortable.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #10
samsumon

I found that those sticky pads you buy online work pretty great for putting your phone and other stuff right on the dash. Ive been putting my phone and my keys on the dash and they don't move anywhere.. Also yes, FRONT PROXIMITY SENSORS.. God why don't we HAVE these..
Old 04-20-2016, 11:28 AM   #11
samsumon

I also find the charging pad so freaking useless.. I'm actually upset I even have one. I will never use this, and I know I paid for it somehow.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #12
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I also find the charging pad so freaking useless.. I'm actually upset I even have one. I will never use this, and I know I paid for it somehow.
I'd rather have the compartment back there. I bought an iPhone 6s a few months back and I don't plan on upgrading for at least 2-3 years, so it's really pointless to me. I think when they started to design this car 3+ years ago inductive charging looked like it was going to be on every phone pretty soon, but that's simply not the case.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #13
Carver60

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS
1. I wish we could change the LED colour settings as per driving mode instead of having to use the pre-picked colours. (Tour-Blue, Sport-Red, Track-Orange, Winter-White). Also would like the show mode to be active when the car is not running.
2. Wish you could set up the driving features differently as per driving mode (example: in Tour have MRC to Tour, Steering to Tour, NPP to Track, then when switching the toggle switch to Track Mode you would be able to edit Track mode individually of the other modes instead of there being an override based on what you selected in the vehicle settings.
3. Would like to have cup holder pockets in the door as well as centre console.
4. Wish the parking brake was easier to use. I always forget which way turns on/off the brake haha
5. Wish GM wouldve put LED turn signals in the front DRL instead of the halogen housing.
6. Wouldve liked to have the seat memory recall be used with just a push of the button instead of having to hold it until it finds its spot.
7. Wish we had bigger trunk openings, as has everyone else aha.
8. Remote Start on a manual.. Obviously over-ridden if left in gear
9. Full open exhaust all the time in Track mode.. I find above 2200 RPM it cuts off the sound at about half throttle.
10. Better cooled and heated seats! They're practically useless.

Last edited by Carver60; 04-20-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Carver60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #14
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
1) Full on-board diagnostics integrated into touch screen unit, so OBD2 code reader or Tech2 not necessary
2) Full owner's manual and service manual integrated into touch screen unit (especially the service manual)
3) ability to transfer data from above to usb drive (or some other modality to facilitate printing a hard copy)
4) Heated and auto dimming passenger side mirror
5) rain sensing wipers (have these on my Saab. It uses a refractometer integrated with the rearview mirror where it attaches to the windshield. The system works surprisingly well.)
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote