Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-19-2016, 11:34 AM   #15
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGSA View Post
^ This.

That pretty much sums up exhaust sound wish list. I like my NPP....i even love it at times. But when im going down a road lighly or idling at a light and it turns into a quiet-ish v8..... :/. I just want a bit more presence and rumble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
headers should help with that I think
Thanks, i'll look into it.. Honestly, I was considering Borla for an exhaust, but this exhaust truly is great.. All I want is a nice deep rumble at low RPM's and i'll be happy.

Would headers "void" Al's "100% track covered" warranty?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #16
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Thanks, i'll look into it.. Honestly, I was considering Borla for an exhaust, but this exhaust truly is great.. All I want is a nice deep rumble at low RPM's and i'll be happy.

Would headers "void" Al's "100% track covered" warranty?
yup. even an axleback or catback will. his warranty promise only applies to literally 100% stock cars, and only on actual track breakdowns.

headers alone will void the general powertrain warranty, but a catback won't (check with your dealer first tho). either way, to deny your claim, they have to prove that the specific mod caused the problem, if there is one.

also, Borla's S-Type with some LT Headers should give you the nice muscular roar you seek, I would advise against getting the ATAK if you plan on getting headers too, unless you don't mind that added metallic rasp like the one you hear on nascar vehicles; that may be a little excessive.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #17
Trizin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The NPP exhaust is the one thing that got me by surprise. I knew the car itself was gonna be great but the exhaust is pretty loud specially on these nice cool 60 degree nights. I could see doing an upgrade to the exhaust in the future but in the meantime its pretty great. I have yet to hear a non npp.
Trizin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:16 PM   #18
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
yup. even an axleback or catback will. his warranty promise only applies to literally 100% stock cars, and only on actual track breakdowns.

headers alone will void the general powertrain warranty, but a catback won't (check with your dealer first tho). either way, to deny your claim, they have to prove that the specific mod caused the problem, if there is one.

also, Borla's S-Type with some LT Headers should give you the nice muscular roar you seek, I would advise against getting the ATAK if you plan on getting headers too, unless you don't mind that added metallic rasp like the one you hear on nascar vehicles; that may be a little excessive.
Interesting.. I know nothing about cars, so i'm learning.. I was originally aiming for the ATAK, but the price is just a bit too high.. My car is covered for 5 years bumper to bumper, and I don't want to risk anything happening when it comes to a claim..

I think the best choice is just a simple exhaust, no?

Headers are 100% out of the picture since they void the warranty right out of the gate.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #19
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Interesting.. I know nothing about cars, so i'm learning.. I was originally aiming for the ATAK, but the price is just a bit too high.. My car is covered for 5 years bumper to bumper, and I don't want to risk anything happening when it comes to a claim..

Headers are 100% out of the picture since they void the warranty right out of the gate.
I think the reason headers void it is because of the check engine light it triggers that needs to be tuned out, and any tune will void your warranty.

I'm the same, still learning.

according to some of the Camaro5 guys who had the ATAK with long tube headers, the sound produced was too much, and some switched from the ATAK to the S Type and were happy with it, and from the sound clips they uploaded, I had to agree.

The ATAK alone is pretty awesome, maybe deleting the secondary cats will make it sound even meaner without being excessive? idk

Last edited by Techn9cian805; 04-19-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #20
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Like what was mentioned earlier, the only reasons headers would technically void the warranty is if they can show that the headers caused whatever issue you are having.

However, when you install headers you will throw a CEL. This can only be cleared by getting a tune. The Tune will automatically void your warranty because they will be able to see that you messed with the ECU.
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #21
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
Gents, they don't need to prove a thing, the warranty is in GMs possession, they want to deny it and they only have to speak the words and it's done. At that point you can jump up and down, scream, site the M&M act, wont matter. You either fix it on your dime or stay broke down until you reach the end of a long process that may or may not see you recovering your fees even if you win out in the end.

As I've taken one of these all the way I'm going to explain some basics here so that folks don't get taken unaware. People site the M&M act as saying that they cannot deny warranty unless the part caused or contributed to the failure. They are correct. The reality as it plays out is exactly the opposite. The dealer is the OEMs agent for warranty matters and can do some things on their own without oversight. Others things cannot be done without the intervention of a regional rep, its a long list but for all practical purposes you can sum it up by figuring if it's expensive that rep must sign off on it. Lets say you have headers installed and pop a diff, the dealer cannot order parts for it until that rep OKs it after inspecting the car. He is going to see the headers and deny warranty coverage. His cause will be that by increasing the power output you changed the car into something other than what they sold you and they are not obligated to warranty something they did not sell. The rep having said no will now leave the dealer with the sad duty of telling you that they will not be able to make the repair under warranty. This because they cannot get the parts without paying for them on their own hook and they cannot get their labor billed back from GM. Few of us will be good enough customers to get any other outcome because the dealer will be fully out of pocket. You have just been denied warranty and they proved nothing. Not only did they not have to prove anything but should you decide to go through with an M&M action they are going to show up with a whole bunch of official looking data, charts, graphs, etc. If you do nothing the denial of coverage stands. You must produce your own information which argues the opposite and it needs to be compelling, you in effect must prove you are innocent rather than the other way around.

I'm not an attorney but that gives you an idea of what you're looking at. With power adders the look at the range of power a stock engine might produce. I'm not certain how that is done as I didn't get into power adders but they use a range of power that a stock engine can produce and if the power added by a mod increases the lowest expected number to be greater than the highest number in the range you have just changed your configuration into one that was not tested by them or sold to you and they've no obligation to warranty it.

They cannot void the entire new car warranty outside of a few very specific things that are unrelated to modifications. Odo tampering, car is declared a total loss, etc. They can void the powertrain warranty for power adders as the entire powertrain is exposed to the increased power, they can alternatively deny warranty on a case by case basis.

Just remember one thing about warranty and the often sited M&M act, it was enacted after considerable industry input. In other words it all sounds good if you don't know anything about it while actually being a win for the rich people that controlled the legislative process from start to finish. Honestly folks, I'm a modding SOB which is how I learned about this from the burned hand approach so I'm not preaching at anyone. You all know what you can and cannot afford or what level of risk you're willing to accept. Just go in eyes open.
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote