Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #15
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
As other have posted.. NPP is well worth the money.
  • Better sound
  • Multi modes you can customize
  • Gloss finish valance
  • Quad tip exhaust
  • You will spend more money on a good aftermarket then the option from Chevy for the NPP
Old 05-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #16
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
The NPP is nice, but I'd prefer a passive exhaust that sounds really good all the time, such as the optional factory SLP dual dual exhaust on my 4th gen. If it's tuned really well, there's no need for the added complexity and weight of the NPP system.

If I had to do it again, I'd have a closer look at the base exhaust. There's really no power difference between the two systems, so it's only sound that you're paying for (which is important too!).

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:10 AM   #17
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
When i bought my 2SS I would not buy one that didn't have it and am glad that I stood firm. I normally run the exhaust with the valves open, however, there are times where I don't want to wake the neighbors and their kids and it allows me to quiet the car down as well. They make dual mode aftermarket exhausts, but I didn't feel like having something that wasn't integrated into the car.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #18
Skwibbs

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwon View Post
When i bought my 2SS I would not buy one that didn't have it and am glad that I stood firm. I normally run the exhaust with the valves open, however, there are times where I don't want to wake the neighbors and their kids and it allows me to quiet the car down as well. They make dual mode aftermarket exhausts, but I didn't feel like having something that wasn't integrated into the car.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker
+1

I also wouldn't even consider an SS without NPP. When I was in the market, I ignored all cars without it when I was searching. While I can really see the uses for stealth mode, I'm an ass and don't have any kids or anything so I took the fuse out.
Skwibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #19
Kuro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS HBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
I had difficulty finding dual mode exhaust and a sunroof in Hyper Blue

but eventually it showed up

That's kinda funny to me since when i was looking, all i could find with 2SS with all the options i wanted, included the sunroof. Didn't even really want that lol.

The dual mode is great, but i keep in in track 99.9% of the time. If you don't care about ever being quiet for that .1%, getting a stock exhaust and picking a borla or whatever, might be better. I do like having the option to be quieter even if i never use it.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #20
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Originally, I did not want the DM exhaust because I was going to swap out my exhaust anyway. Just so happens my car came with it. Now I'm glad I have it and have no desire to change it out. I didn't like the stock exhaust because I thought and still do think the sound sucks when just sitting in one place revving the engine making noise, but under load going down the road and stepping into it they sound pretty damn good, even in tour mode.
So... Revving=sux
Under load=Sounds damn good.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #21
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Everybody has an opinion....RIGHT? I've heard the F-TYPE in person and yes from the factory stock its a tad bit louder then even the NPP but it doesn't take much to surpass the DB's of the F-TYPE with just a few simple mods (without getting a completly new system).

As far as the crackles and the pops go the F-TYPE was tuned for this! I think (for those who love the crackles and pops like me) we can have our Camaro's tuned to produce far more crackles and pops too.

I forgot how it's done exactly, but here's a video on an older tuned V6 Camaro with a lot of pops. I'm sure this video doesn't do it justice at all, but here's just an insight.

--

Now if you want to get a customized titanium muffler setup, you might get a similar outcome like this V6 Jaguar F-TYPE that has some out of control popping. It's actually pretty funny how many people you're prob annoying lol.
Both of these sounds suck.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #22
SS Life
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
It's a must have imo if you want a nice sounding exhaust from the factory. And to also have an option between making it loud/quiet is awesome. You can even unplug the fuse that controls the dual exhaust, allowing the valves to be open 24/7 no matter what, making it even more louder. Check out the video below on how to do that.
SS Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #23
Rockmonstir

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Dual mode was a must for me, get up and go to the gym at 3am so having the stealth mode option is much appreciated by the neighbors.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #24
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Life View Post
It's a must have imo if you want a nice sounding exhaust from the factory. And to also have an option between making it loud/quiet is awesome. You can even unplug the fuse that controls the dual exhaust, allowing the valves to be open 24/7 no matter what, making it even more louder. Check out the video below on how to do that.
Have I missed something here? When you put the car in track mode the valves stay open all the time, why do you need to pull the fuse?
Old 05-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #25
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
For $68-$90 DON"T pull fuse 51... I have posted on other threads... " Mild2wild"... Comes with two very small remotes... OPEN or CLOSED... Just push the button... Simple relay at fuse 51. I LOVE it as I do the NPP.....

BEST OF ALL; you don't need the remotes : You can program two of the three garage door buttons for OPEN and CLOSE... If I didn't make myself clear, I LOVE IT.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #26
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I had to have it on mine or I would have waited
Old 05-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #27
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Have I missed something here? When you put the car in track mode the valves stay open all the time, why do you need to pull the fuse?
Even in track mode, the valves close at interstate speeds..... and other times between 1100-1500 rpm.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:33 PM   #28
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Even in track mode, the valves close at interstate speeds..... and other times between 1100-1500 rpm.
Interesting.. I keep the exhaust in track mode from the center display settings and I never had mine close back up that I noticed. I've even been on trips with the wife and she ask if I would put it in stealth mode to quite the car down.. Thanks for the comments Glen I will have to give this more testing in a few weeks when I drive to Bowling Green for the car show.
The manual info below...
The manual reads like they stay open in track mode but adjust in Sport and Touring.

Track Mode
If the vehicle is
equipped with Active Exhaust, the
exhaust valves will open.

Sport Mode
Exhaust, the
exhaust valves will open earlier and

more often.