Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #29
MeanGreen1LE

Drives: 17 krypton green 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
why not just post it here and save a bunch of phone calls? please? I just ordered mine, thanks!
I called him a couple days ago and he is supposed to be taking care of me. Very good customer service! The problem seems to lie in the deluxe version and the vhb not properly binding to the different plastic. He said they have started using heat to put the tape on and it should hold now. If just ordered you probably will get the new ones with the updated application.
MeanGreen1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #30
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
If you just add one screw we send you it will fix the problem.
Good to go after replacing the 3M....the fronts had let go on the Deluxe.... the hiccups of a new product..... thanks for following up.... sounds like you guys figured it out..... great product!!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #31
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I got the Deluxe. I had to use only the short spacers and turn 2 of the 5/8" spacers into the short ones. so all 3 needed to be short. the medium 5/8 spacers were too long for all positions. On the front i used 2 J-nuts to clamp the top with no screw. I wasnt going to drill into my fender.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 05-24-2017 at 11:20 AM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:14 AM   #32
stevstevd

Drives: MBM 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I got the Deluxe. I had to use only the short spacers and turn 2 of the 3/8" spacers into the short ones. so all 3 needed to be short. the medium 3/8 spacers were to long for all positions. On the front i used 2 J-nuts to clamp the top with no screw. I wasnt going to drill into my fender.

the shortest spacers are 3/8, the 4 medium are 5/8, and the largest are 3/4. At least the ones they sent me.

Sounds like you fit yours similar to mine with the shortest ones being key. Although I had the longest one at the top.
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #33
JCunningham

thanks ill correct the sizes. if I used the 5/8 spacers anywhere the guard would have a gap.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 05-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #34
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Installed my new ZL1 addons rock guards today. Went on super easy and look great. Now I won't have to worry about chips in the paint. Thanks ZL1 addons
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #35
MeanGreen1LE

Drives: 17 krypton green 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreen1LE View Post
I called him a couple days ago and he is supposed to be taking care of me. Very good customer service! The problem seems to lie in the deluxe version and the vhb not properly binding to the different plastic. He said they have started using heat to put the tape on and it should hold now. If just ordered you probably will get the new ones with the updated application.
The new deluxe version have some material cut away on the inside that allow the top portion to flex with the curve of the fender better. Tape also seems to adhere much better.

I also added a couple plastic drywall anchors and screws for additional piece of mind. Seem a lot more solid. I literally will not drive the car without them as I've got just over a mile of gravel roads before I get to pavement.
Attached Images

MeanGreen1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #36
JCunningham

thats a good idea