Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #29
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
This seems like a no brainer...

If you like the Camaro SS and its the best fit for you then buy it. If you don't like it then don't.

If you buy a car because of what want you to buy it then you will be unhappy in the end.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:21 AM   #30
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I had the same delema, we got my Fiance a Challenger and I went to town on it. Stereo, eibach kit the whole 9. I fell in love with the Challenger looks and drive. So much so I sold my 2001 Stang Vet that was totally built (for multiple reasons). I got a good price but went through separation anxiety after just 2 days, I just couldn't identify with being a Camry only driver. Since 17 I have had a 67, 98 and an 01 Mustang. I test drove the 16 Stang and Camaro on the same day a while back and Camaro won hands down. On top of it all the new Stang looks like a Mercedes on the hood and porsh on the ass, and the seating position was the exact same as my 98 and 01 so felt like the same car. All that and the tradition rear end kick out pushed this lifer out of the Stang world and in the market for something new. I almost bought a 2015 RT Challenger and right before committing realized we would have 2 black Challengers (80% of Challenges out there are Black, go figure). So every mod would basically be x2 which I felt would get repetitive and boring to be honest so I set my sights on a Camaro and got a sweet deal. We now have 2 cool cars and separate identities, I think it was the best way to go personally.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:27 AM   #31
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
I bought a 2016 2SS last year and a 2017 ZL1 this year. We still have both of them. The SS now belongs to the GF. She traded in her Gen 5.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #32
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
If you can wait a year for the refresh you would have a looking Camaro with possibly better performance depending on what GM does with it
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #33
llyons92

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEing View Post
So I already own one 16 Camaro SS convertible. Me and my wife take turns driving it (she's a major Camaro fan). Originally I had a tough choice between the 3 muscle car choices of Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger.

Now I want a Camaro for myself (hardtop). It's so much better than the other 2 choices. But to own 2 of the same car seems stupid in my opinion. Gotta have some diversity right? But to accept buying a car that I know is inferior... ugh lol. I would buy a Corvette instead but driving those in NYC is no good.

Anyway what do you guys think? Should I buy literally another SS? If I do I want to make it look as different as possible than the red convertible one I have.

tldr: I want another Camaro cus it's the best. But idk if owning 2 of the same car is worth it.

I bought another Camaro just cause my wife wanted a convertible and I didn't. Now we have two a black and garnet red one. Mine is a ss and hers is a 6 cylinder. Love them both and I think you will as well. Was going to get a vette but just not that practical as I am from jersey.
llyons92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #34
Swayse

Drives: GTPP
We bought our first Mustang GT to share, wife loves it, so I let her have it. I was gonna wait and get a Camaro SS when they came out, but I got a great deal on another Mustang GT. I'm glad I did, we each have our own white Mustang GT, kind of a his and hers thing. She's had hers for over two years, I got mine 6 months after she got hers.
Swayse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #35
MyneS
STORM

Drives: 2021 Satin Steel Metallic 2SS
Smile Go ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I've been thinking about making it 6...
Do it! Do It!

As one of those HTCC couples, I believe it makes total sense. We did it because I originally didn't want to share but now it's something we can both truly enjoy together.

Check out: The creation of STORM
American Authority Front Bumper, ACS Rockers, GM Dark taillights, ZL1 Carbon Fiber interior dash, Engine Bay “red hot” Dress Up, 6LE Skorpion hood, Borla ATAK w Xpipes (TRADED)
MyneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:12 PM   #36
ICEing
Hugh Mungus WOT??

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Convertible Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
If you can wait a year for the refresh you would have a looking Camaro with possibly better performance depending on what GM does with it
I thought the refresh is in 2 years? (2019, for the 2020 model?)
ICEing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #37
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
It sounds like you already made your mind up because you're calling the Mustang and Challenger "inferior." All you're going to get in this thread are mixed responses, as is typical in any Internet forum when it comes to personal opinions.

One thing I do as a mental test when I'm not able to make a decision: Pretend you're about to do a coin flip, and it's final. No "best 2 out of 3" or anything. Then, just before you imagine starting the flip, pay attention to your gut. If you're secretly rooting for an outcome, then that's what you should choose.

This has worked for me many, many times. We all have an inner bias when it comes to selecting 1 out of 2 options. This is a method that helps me expose that bias and it could work for you.

One thing you haven't mentioned: Between you and your wife, would the 2 Camaro's would be your only cars? I'd strongly suggest sitting down and figuring out if you really think that's practical for your every day life. Are there any gaps you can find in what the Camaro can't offer, like a bigger trunk or better visibility? It might be better to find something that compliments it like a subcompact SUV. If you've already got a car other than the Camaro, and you and your wife find it "boring" or something and it rarely gets use, then sure -- buy a 2nd Camaro.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #38
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEing View Post
So I already own one 16 Camaro SS convertible. Me and my wife take turns driving it (she's a major Camaro fan). Originally I had a tough choice between the 3 muscle car choices of Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger.

Now I want a Camaro for myself (hardtop). It's so much better than the other 2 choices. But to own 2 of the same car seems stupid in my opinion. Gotta have some diversity right? But to accept buying a car that I know is inferior... ugh lol. I would buy a Corvette instead but driving those in NYC is no good.

Anyway what do you guys think? Should I buy literally another SS? If I do I want to make it look as different as possible than the red convertible one I have.

tldr: I want another Camaro cus it's the best. But idk if owning 2 of the same car is worth it.
I'd wait for the 2019 MCE in your case.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:44 AM   #39
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
OP, sounds fine to me, each of you needs to have your own toys.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote