Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-08-2017, 01:20 AM   #43
cpnslow

Drives: 2017 ATS-V, 2017 SS 1LE (Sold)
Happened to me today for the first time, just a few hours after I got my radar detector hardwired into the center console 12V... pulled into my garage and got the "no fob" warning. Thought it was weird, so I pulled it out of my pocket and tried to restart the car and nothing. Went into my house to get the 2nd fob and that one was also unresponsive. After about 5 minutes, not knowing about the cup holder trick, both fobs started working again. This evening I drove to 3 different places and the car started fine all three times. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread...
cpnslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:35 AM   #44
shankcam

Drives: 17 1SS Camaro Convertible
I had this problem about 2 months ago.
Before I knew there was a problem I manually started my car without any issues as I always do. However, once the car was started I did notice my Sirius Radio was not working and the screen said "refreshing or something similar". I left and went to work without trying to turn on the radio again.
Once at work I parked the car and turned it off. Soon as I got out of the car I could not use the key fob to lock the doors.
Next, I couldn't open the trunk with the fob either. I manually used the button on the driver's door and the trunk opened. This was when I began to worry my key fob was either faulty or it's battery died.
Out of curiosity, I tried to start the car with the key fab. It would not start and sitting in the car with the fab would not allow me to manually start it either.
I had to get into work but obviously this was weighing on my mind. I came out an hour later and the car started with the fab and I've not had an issue since. It seems to me there was something going on with the computer system at the time such as getting an update or something. But I still really don't know for sure what happened.
shankcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #45
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
GM said they think my Radar Detector is causing the issue. I agreed to disconnect it and see if the problem stops.
Keep us posted if this really was what was causing the problem. I haven't had this problem yet, but I was thinking of hardwiring my RD... might not if it causes all this trouble.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #46
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Has anybody had this problem who has no electrical modifications and always keeps the key in their pocket?
Not that it should matter, but it could matter. I have no electrical mods, key always in pocket and have never had an issue.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #47
nfboy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Has anybody had this problem who has no electrical modifications and always keeps the key in their pocket?
Not that it should matter, but it could matter. I have no electrical mods, key always in pocket and have never had an issue.
I did. I have no mods electrical or otherwise and fob alwyas in my pocket. The one and only time this happened to me (Christmas eve), when I parked the car, i shut it off but either did not press the button completely or accidentally hesitated releasing the button as the car did not completely shut off and started again. After shutting it off again it would not lock and gave the no fob detected message. Putting the fob in the cup holder and restarting the car solved the problem and it has not re-occured. I am also careful to fully depress and release the start/stop button.

I cannot say with 100% certainty the not shutting off properly issue caused the fob issue but going with that for now until it happens again, if it ever does.
nfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #48
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by clanky View Post
Keep us posted if this really was what was causing the problem. I haven't had this problem yet, but I was thinking of hardwiring my RD... might not if it causes all this trouble.

I am still having issues after taking my RD out. I recorded this video so I can show my service manager!!

https://vimeo.com/198578381
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #49
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Maybe a service tech tossed it on a counter from 15 feet away.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:46 PM   #50
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
All of a sudden both of my key fobs don't work at all. I can't drive my car or pop the trunk or anything else. Anyone run into this before?
It's amazing you have gotten through life this far. Call the dealership. Problem solved. I mean, sometimes you just have to shake your head. The world won't stop. Life will go on. You've obviously made it this far.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #51
Razzaa

Key fobs stopped working!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
It's amazing you have gotten through life this far. Call the dealership. Problem solved. I mean, sometimes you just have to shake your head. The world won't stop. Life will go on. You've obviously made it this far.

Are you for real? They have been trying to diagnose and fix it for months now!!! I'm amazed you have gotten this far with your lack of reading comprehension skills.

Call the dealership. Problem solved? Ya because the dealership always knows how to fix it!

Last edited by Razzaa; 01-08-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #52
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Are you for real? They have been trying to diagnose and fix it for months now!!! I'm amazed you have gotten this far with your lack of reading comprehension skills.

Call the dealership. Problem solved? Ya because the dealership always knows how to fix it!
Just to rule out possible bad batteries in the FOB's from factory, have you tried replacing the batteries in the FOBs?
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:19 PM   #53
Razzaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Just to rule out possible bad batteries in the FOB's from factory, have you tried replacing the batteries in the FOBs?

Yes, it's not the fobs. They even tried replacing them. The problem has gotten progressively worse. When the vehicle can't detect the fob, the memory settings for the seats and mirrors stops working as well. This wasn't the case when the problem first started happening.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #54
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
It's amazing you have gotten through life this far. Call the dealership. Problem solved.
What planet are you on? Dealership fixes the problem? Oh yeah that's always the case.....thanks for the laugh.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #55
cpnslow

Drives: 2017 ATS-V, 2017 SS 1LE (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfboy View Post
I shut it off but either did not press the button completely or accidentally hesitated releasing the button as the car did not completely shut off and started again. After shutting it off again it would not lock and gave the no fob detected message.
THIS. Exact same case for me but I didn't think anything of it... I half-assed pressed the start/stop button and the car didn't shut off completely, then got the fob missing message.

Otherwise, the car has been fine since yesterday. Started right up three times today and the fob has been working flawlessly.

Thinking about the radar detector, I doubt the hardwire setup has anything to do with it because I'm tapped into the 12V plug in the center console, no different electrically from having the plug in the socket.
cpnslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:52 PM   #56
Razzaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnslow View Post
Thinking about the radar detector, I doubt the hardwire setup has anything to do with it because I'm tapped into the 12V plug in the center console, no different electrically from having the plug in the socket.

Mine is connected the same way. It has nothing to do with the RD. This problem started before I had my RD.