Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-02-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Glitchy MyLink

I've had my 2014 2LT now for about 2-1/2 months and while overall I like the Boston Acoustics / MyLink audio, there's some real weird behavior sometimes.

I often get weather warnings for places far away from home. For example, this week, I see that the good people of Bullitt County, KY have a air quality advisory. I see this EVERY TIME I turn on the car. While I have been to Bullitt County before, it's south of Louisville, KY and over 100 miles away from me. I've turned off the weather alerts but still receive them.

I've also had the battery on my iPod (plugged in via USB) completely drained while the car is off. Only happened a couple of times and have no idea what is going on there.

Also had one situation where the radio was on, turned the car off, quickly restarted it and the radio played but none of the controls would work. Had to turn the car off to reset it (including opening the door so the radio would go off).

The other day, the backup camera was blank. Same deal, turned car off and back on so it would work again.

Based on what I've read, others have seen this same type of thing. Has anyone found any fixes for these types of things?

Here's the Bullitt County warning...
Attached Images

KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
You might be able to call a dealership and ask them about upgrading/updating the MyLink software. Maybe an update would have lots of bug fixes. But I have no idea how much they would charge to do that (though IMO it ought to be free).