Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
2010 Camaro 2SS AC BLOWING HOT AIR ONLY! IS THERE A SENSOR OR SWITCH LOOSE OR BROKEN?

MY 2010 CAMARO 2SS IS ONLY BLOWING HOT AIR. IT WAS WORKING THE OTHER DAY NOW ALL I HAVE IS HOT AIR NOT COOL AIR. IS THERE A SENSOR OR SWITCH LOOSE OR BROKEN? BECAUSE IF IT WAS THE COMPRESSOR THERE WOULDN'T BE ANYTHING BLOWING OUT. WHERE IS THE AC SENSOR OR SWITCH LOCATED ON A 2010 CAMARO??? I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS PROBLEM RESLOVED BECAUSE IT'S GETTING REALLY HOT IN HOUSTON, TX
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
Badfinger

Drives: 2010 2SS
The compressor may not be coming on, look and listen under the hood while having someone turn the system on and off. The fan will blow with the compressor off like when the system is set to heat.
Badfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
steveww
RUSH TWO

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hole in condenser, happens quite often

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
steveww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfinger View Post
The compressor may not be coming on, look and listen under the hood while having someone turn the system on and off. The fan will blow with the compressor off like when the system is set to heat.
Sometimes I noticed the fans that face the radiator do not come on at all. And sometimes they do. I also heard a new noise coming from the lower part of the engine area. I don't know if that the compressor going out of what?
Old 06-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #5
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveww View Post
Hole in condenser, happens quite often
How do I fix the hole in the condenser? Is it an easy fix guys? I don't want to get scammed out of a lot of money over this repair. Please lets come together with a solution.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
check the a/c hoses.one should be hot and one cold.if ones only kinda warm and the others barely cool you could be just a little low on freon.make sure the compressor is working.it should click(clutch engageing)and turn when an assistant turns the a/c switch on.sounds like the fan for the a/c in car is funtioning normally.nobody in texas gives free estimates,at least then youd have an idea of whats wrong...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #7
steveww
RUSH TWO

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine was $860.00 at dealers my insurance pai all but $250 which was my deductable

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
steveww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:29 AM   #8
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
Not trying to be funny or anything like that, but did you happen to check and see if your a/c belt is there? There is a possibility that it could have snapped and came off or it could be flopping around down there. It is separate from the main belt.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #9
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Fuzion View Post
How do I fix the hole in the condenser? Is it an easy fix guys? I don't want to get scammed out of a lot of money over this repair. Please lets come together with a solution.
You get a new condenser....please let's come together with a solution.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #10
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i would consider getting it to a garage and getting an estimate,at least that way you will know whats wrong with it and can proceed from there.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #11
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
could be a lot of things. if your blowing hot air, then the compressor is not coming on, that part is simple. but whats causing that is far more problematic. most likely it is because it is low or out of freon. because the lubricant for the system is also in the Freon, when the freon is low it will shut off the compressor to prevent damage. but there are a lot of reason it could be low. as someone said, could have a hole in the condenser. that typically happens when it gets struck by a rock. but it could also be a leak at a seal or something. a garage will check for leaks by running a dye through it, then using a pair of glasses and UV light.

but it could also be a sensor, switch, etc. if your a novice, probably best to let a shop handle this for you.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #12
Camaro_Fuzion

It was the A/C evaporator temperature sensor. But this shop also wanted to recharge the A/C unit with R-134A. This also included testing for the entire computer system which was a worthless added cost. The shop charged me in all $312.27 First he said it was ac evaporator core but the invoice says A/C evaporator temperature sensor an $11.99 to $20.00 part. What a freak'in rip off!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #13
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there was no labor involved. No diagnoses or involved repair. You can just go to Autozone and toss the new part under your hood where it will magically find it's way into the right place. Drain and save the coolant and freon and refill for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Fuzion View Post
It was the A/C evaporator temperature sensor. But this shop also wanted to recharge the A/C unit with R-134A. This also included testing for the entire computer system which was a worthless added cost. The shop charged me in all $312.27 First he said it was ac evaporator core but the invoice says A/C evaporator temperature sensor an $11.99 to $20.00 part. What a freak'in rip off!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #14
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
That sucks! What a rip off!!!

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote