Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #99
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Fully Photoshop-rendered and de-camoed front, side and rear 2016 Camaro

Even after all the renderings as good as they are, I am just not feeling the love for the car. I will see it in Detroit in January. To all C5 and C6 owners have a great holiday season...I am out of here...
Attached Images

spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #100
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by spratleyea View Post
Even after all the renderings as good as they are, I am just not feeling the love for the car. I will see it in Detroit in January. To all C5 and C6 owners have a great holiday season...I am out of here...
Sick! Best design goes to...... Lol never gets old!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #101
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Probably that nobody expected it to look like a modern 2nd gen.
wow! Don't say that ! I'll be the first in line! Hahaha.... And the 2nd Gen is not even my 4th favorite Gen Camaro! But the 2nd Gen renderings that is floating online are sick!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #102
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
I know that renderings being good doesn't make them accurate and I don't claim that they are. I appreciate the positive comments and I can take the negative ones as well. I'm just throwing stuff on the wall and seeing what sticks. I've always qualified my renders by saying that they merely give an accurate impression of proportion and stance. Some of the cutlines and creases are accurately placed, some are guesswork. Number three is right when he says the right "jewelry" can make all the difference. And that being off by 5% here and there can be huge. I learned that when I rendered to Mustang. Go to Mustang6G.com and you can see how off some of my early renders were. You can also see how strangely accurate some were too. There were many over there who hated what I did, and were sure it was going to look completely different. I can say the same will hold true here, it won't look radically different than what I've rendered here ("jewelry" aside)
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #103
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
I know that renderings being good doesn't make them accurate and I don't claim that they are. I appreciate the positive comments and I can take the negative ones as well. I'm just throwing stuff on the wall and seeing what sticks. I've always qualified my renders by saying that they merely give an accurate impression of proportion and stance. Some of the cutlines and creases are accurately placed, some are guesswork. Number three is right when he says the right "jewelry" can make all the difference. And that being off by 5% here and there can be huge. I learned that when I rendered to Mustang. Go to Mustang6G.com and you can see how off some of my early renders were. You can also see how strangely accurate some were too. There were many over there who hated what I did, and were sure it was going to look completely different. I can say the same will hold true here, it won't look radically different than what I've rendered here ("jewelry" aside)
I'm really glad to have you here doing work on this site.

I followed your progress and renderings months before the Mustang's official reveal and they were excellent. They also turned out to be very accurate for the most part. I think the Mustang crowd had gotten their hands on some CAD drawings or something like that which we currently don't have so that may have helped a lot in your designs on that site.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:19 AM   #104
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Supposedly the 6th gen was shown at GM's strategic vision conference or whatever a few weeks ago and Reuss said something like, "Yeah, you didn't expect it to look like that eh?"

Can't confirm the validity of that statement but...
This means that they could reveal it tomorrow if they wanted to. I don't expect it to look just like a warmed over C5.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #105
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
I guess it would be considered 'jewelry', but (and this didn't occur to me until last night, seeing an ATS in traffic), I really doubt the LED accent strips would be vertical. That's a Cadillac cue. The new Impala, the new SS sedan, and even the new Cruze all have horizontal LED accents. I'd bet on the new Camaro having horizontal ones too, if it has them at all.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #106
RDesign

Drives: 2012 2SS Europe 45th
Really amazing job Chaz !!! Congrats !!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #107
Xeno13

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE / Nightfall Grey
What I was hoping for

I really like this, it is pretty close to the C5 now - however looks bad ass - there is a red coupe somewhere floating around this forum also

Name:  camaro.jpg
Views: 2516
Size:  134.7 KB
Xeno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #108
Brunogadget

Drives: 1985 iroc-z
Other one i made in white

Brunogadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #109
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunogadget View Post
sweet!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #110
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno13 View Post
I really like this, it is pretty close to the C5 now - however looks bad ass - there is a red coupe somewhere floating around this forum also

Attachment 671194
This is what I been waiting to see... a rendering with the Stingray side vents. I think the Camaro will have them... hopefully..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #111
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
No matter the look, the work on the renders here has been top flight!!!!
yes, amazing work.

I think the front looks a little too much sports car and not enough muscle car. but I bet they will add front splitters later as upgrades to help with this.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:46 PM   #112
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
I took a stab at a rear de-camo.This time I went full quality by using an actual Camaro photo at a similar angle and grafted it on to the camo shot. By comparison, my initial front de-camo render looks a little rough.

I find grafting a photo to the actual camo image gives a really accurate impression of the stance and proportion of the car, since the wheels are the real deal.

Go ahead and hate on the headlights and taillights, they are only a guess/placeholder. Any critique negative or positive is appreciated, I have thick skin, I can take it. Modify it any way you like. RDesign has already refined the front end. I'll repost it here.

Updated renderings 10/24/14:

Updated rendering 10/16/14:

Nice work Chaz. Are you going for a twofer, having nailed the '15 Mustang?

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote