It's working with numbers now on the chevy site
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #100
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post

The 2SS outsells the 1SS in this country. There are more people that want a 2SS than a 1SS.

Not really the case though...

The main reason the 2SS outsells the 1SS is the fact that 90% of the ones on lots (and we all know most of the buying public doesn't special order cars) were 2SS's. So in many cases, the buyer had to buy a 2SS. This actually has been gone over in here multiple times. I personally know a few who shopped for a 1SS, didn't want to order and wait, and just ended up in a 2SS. Heck, not sure if I've seen more than one or two 1SS's on any of the lots around here, all loaded up 2SS's.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:46 PM   #101
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post

The main reason the 2SS outsells the 1SS is the fact that 90% of the ones on lots (and we all know most of the buying public doesn't special order cars) were 2SS's. So in many cases, the buyer had to buy a 2SS.
^ This.

My brother actually works for GM and has a new Camaro too. He told me the same thing almost word for word. Dealers almost always ordered 2SS like 10-1 over 1SS for inventory.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #102
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Not really the case though...

The main reason the 2SS outsells the 1SS is the fact that 90% of the ones on lots (and we all know most of the buying public doesn't special order cars) were 2SS's. So in many cases, the buyer had to buy a 2SS. This actually has been gone over in here multiple times. I personally know a few who shopped for a 1SS, didn't want to order and wait, and just ended up in a 2SS. Heck, not sure if I've seen more than one or two 1SS's on any of the lots around here, all loaded up 2SS's.
I'm pretty sure I've gone over this before and given my personal perspective but I'll go over it again.

As someone who has been an inventory manager with a GM dealership for 12 years, I can tell you that's not always the case. Dealers tend to order what sells best for them. Period. The number of people walking into our dealership wanting a non 1LE 1SS over a 2SS is incredibly small. It has been that way going all the way back to the 4th gens too. Does that mean it doesn't happen? Absolutely not. I know that it does happen, but it's rare. If more people wanted a 1SS, dealers would order them. That's a fact. The dealer wants nothing more than to move their stock inventory as fast as possible.

I order what sells best for us. That's why almost 50% of my current Camaro inventory is 1LE 1SS and 1LE 2SS. When the 5th gen 1LEs were out, If there were more people wanting 5th gen 1SS 1LEs, that's what I would have ordered most. There were simply more people that wanted a 2SS.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #103
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've gone over this before and given my personal perspective but I'll go over it again.

As someone who has been an inventory manager with a GM dealership for 12 years, I can tell you that's not always the case. Dealers tend to order what sells best for them. Period. The number of people walking into our dealership wanting a non 1LE 1SS over a 2SS is incredibly small. It has been that way going all the way back to the 4th gens too. Does that mean it doesn't happen? Absolutely not. I know that it does happen, but it's rare. If more people wanted a 1SS, dealers would order them. That's a fact. The dealer wants nothing more than to move their stock inventory as fast as possible.

I order what sells best for us. That's why almost 50% of my current Camaro inventory is 1LE 1SS and 1LE 2SS. When the 5th gen 1LEs were out, If there were more people wanting 5th gen 1SS 1LEs, that's what I would have ordered most. There were simply more people that wanted a 2SS.
Well, you seem to be on top of this at your dealer, which is good to see. But, unfortunately many inventory managers are not like you. I have heard it first hand from my brother who works in Detroit and actually deals with problems related to orders, constraints, and allocations, etc, etc. Many just order what may bring them more profit. As it may "force" a customer up if they don't have the other choice. This is a very common tactic at many dealers unfortunately. Glad to see you are so interested in your customer base...which the ones near me were.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:55 PM   #104
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
$51,900 msrp
$49,160 asking

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=CAM
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #105
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
I ordered a 1SS 1LE back in September.
The dealer sent me the build date and she was built on 9/11 and she came in on my Birthday. ( it only took six weeks )
I had too name her Christine because of this.
About the 2SS 1LE?
My dealer had a 2SS / 1LE package in route too the dealership. I was going too purchase it.
When it came in, I declined and special ordered a 1SS 1LE - PDR instead.
I took a look at the 2SS 1LE and this is what I noticed, and why I chose too order my 1SS.

2SS 1LE
It came with the Standard wing SS spoiler.
No flat black hood.
No black mags.
No Ricaro seats.
The suspension components that make up the 1LE were shipped separate too the dealer. They need to be installed by the dealership.
I'm not sure about the other heavy duty items in the 1LE drive train ( oil and cooling etc ) or, if you even get that equipment.
I'm not sure if all the 2SS 1LE's will ship this way, but this one sure did.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #106
Superman1le

Drives: 17SS1LE/14 GCherokee/13 F150/08 Z06
Not that it makes a difference but I think the 2ss 1LE may come with suede on the rear seats. Has any one confirmed this? Since the chevy website wont list the 1le option for me on a 2ss. I added the recaros to the 2ss and if you look on the image of the seat it looks like suede in the rear.
Superman1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #107
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
I ordered a 1SS 1LE back in September.
The dealer sent me the build date and she was built on 9/11 and she came in on my Birthday. ( it only took six weeks )
I had too name her Christine because of this.
About the 2SS 1LE?
My dealer had a 2SS / 1LE package in route too the dealership. I was going too purchase it.
When it came in, I declined and special ordered a 1SS 1LE - PDR instead.
I took a look at the 2SS 1LE and this is what I noticed, and why I chose too order my 1SS.

2SS 1LE
It came with the Standard wing SS spoiler.
No flat black hood.
No black mags.
No Ricaro seats.
The suspension components that make up the 1LE were shipped separate too the dealer. They need to be installed by the dealership.
I'm not sure about the other heavy duty items in the 1LE drive train ( oil and cooling etc ) or, if you even get that equipment.
I'm not sure if all the 2SS 1LE's will ship this way, but this one sure did.
That's not a 2SS 1LE. That's a 2SS with the accessory 1LE suspension option. The 2SS with RPO A1Y has everything that the 1SS 1LE has but you get the 2SS equipment extras. Just look back through the many threads on this forum and you'll see where this has been debated.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #108
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Quote:
That's not a 2SS 1LE. That's a 2SS with the accessory 1LE suspension option. The 2SS with RPO A1Y has everything that the 1SS 1LE has but you get the 2SS equipment extras. Just look back through the many threads on this forum and you'll see where this has been debated.
That's cool. The dealer seemed a bit confused when I was talking too him about it.
I ended ordering at another dealer.
That 2SS with the 1LE package was hefty in price, I can bet the factory 2SS 1LE is gonna exceed 50k.
This one stickered out at 48K.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:57 AM   #109
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
That's cool. The dealer seemed a bit confused when I was talking too him about it.
I ended ordering at another dealer.
That 2SS with the 1LE package was hefty in price, I can bet the factory 2SS 1LE is gonna exceed 50k.
This one stickered out at 48K.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=104
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #110
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake3276120 View Post
Exactly, given that I'm in Canada. Heated/ventilated seat is a must. The 1SS speakers don't even have an independent amp to drive it. Auto-dimming mirror is useful as this car is relatively low. Other things are nice to have, like garage remote and interior lights.

Anyway I'll 99% upgrade my 1LE order from 1SS to 2SS, the price for Canada hasn't released yet.
Ideally, I think my "perfect" 1LE would come with (essentially be a 1SS with):

-Heated seats (cooled/ventilated is over the top IMO). In any kind of cooler weather these are a decent substitute for remote-start, to get some heat to your core quickly, especially if you have come out of a colder environment or your body has cooled off.
-Heated steering wheel, same reason, plus my fingers go numb in pretty mild weather (I'm not as old as I sound here).
-Leather/aluminum 2SS trim for the doors, dash, etc. Things that don't add much weight but make it seem like a quality vehicle.
-Dimming mirrors all around. All modern cars should have this, so many cars running around there with super-bright lights these days anyway.
-The blind-spot detection. I'm the first to tell people to adjust their damn mirrors correctly and that you adapt to these cars, but there's no denying the visibility is poor. Anything that helps is a plus here.
-Rear cross-traffic alert. My C5 taught me to back up at a crawl and be ultra-careful, but same situation as above. It's still an issue and no amount of denial changes that. My master's specialized in Ergonomics and one of my professors was a former GM head of the same.
-Bose 9 speaker, because why not, at least as an option. Just at least a nice sound system.
-Garage door opener, all modern cars should have this.
-Sunroof. Looks like this is right-out, not possible with 1SS or 2SS, and I get it, the weight and probably reduces rigidity a bit, but in a car with door sills this high and that low windshield, it really makes the car feel a lot more open. Enough that I'd take the performance hit.

Lots of other 2SS equipment is possibly nice to have IMO, but won't play significantly into my ability to drive it day in and day out. Who needs a wireless charging station or dual-zone climate control?
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote