Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #715
3rdGenAg2010

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
This page and Norm was right -0.80.

http://www.jpssonline.com/the-book-f...-2010-camaro-2
Thanks Pete, Do I tell them to ignore the part about drilling/grinding out holes?
3rdGenAg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:39 AM   #716
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Elongating the radius rod bolt hole at the subframe like GM should have done (!), by drilling/grinding it out will allow you to gain more caster - this is not required but if you're getting more into handling/cornering it is something to consider. Buying/making "caster lock" washers (such as the ones Pete sells) is also a good idea to keep the caster bolts in place as they will now have the potential to move around in the larger hole.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:52 PM   #717
billis79

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yes you can.

Set the front bar to full soft to create some bias in bar sizes. Take a drive and report back.
Justice Pete,
I set it to full soft and drove it some (did some tight u turns at speed), it does seem better however I probably won't know for sure until the next autocross event. So you don't think my toe settings (.19 front, - .1 rear) are contributing to the under steer, right? Appreciate the help!
billis79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #718
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by billis79 View Post
Justice Pete,
I set it to full soft and drove it some (did some tight u turns at speed), it does seem better however I probably won't know for sure until the next autocross event. So you don't think my toe settings (.19 front, - .1 rear) are contributing to the under steer, right? Appreciate the help!
I do think alignment can better, but is we change it all at once YOU will never know what fixed what. A telephone pole size 32mm solid bar would make it even better and I just happen to know a guy that makes them

If you care nothing about tire life:
Front
Camber -2.5
Toe OUT 0.50
Total Toe OUT 1.00
Rear
Camber -1.75
Toe IN 0.08
Total Toe IN 0.16

We can add a degree of Caster with JPSS Caster Locks and 1.5 to 2 degrees of SAI with JPSS bolt in SAI Plates. It all depends on your tolerance for tire wear and mod budget. Do you know what makes a car go fast?

Some things never change.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #719
billis79

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yes you can.

Set the front bar to full soft to create some bias in bar sizes. Take a drive and report back.
Quote:
I do think alignment can better, but is we change it all at once YOU will never know what fixed what. A telephone pole size 32mm solid bar would make it even better and I just happen to know a guy that makes them

If you care nothing about tire life:
Front
Camber -2.5
Toe OUT 0.50
Total Toe OUT 1.00
Rear
Camber -1.75
Toe IN 0.08
Total Toe IN 0.16

We can add a degree of Caster with JPSS Caster Locks and 1.5 to 2 degrees of SAI with JPSS bolt in SAI Plates. It all depends on your tolerance for tire wear and mod budget. Do you know what makes a car go fast?

Some things never change.
Your right about that! I am trying to only have to buy tires once a year so that may be a little aggressive for me, but will look into the Caster locks! Thanks for your help!!
billis79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #720
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by billis79 View Post
Your right about that! I am trying to only have to buy tires once a year so that may be a little aggressive for me, but will look into the Caster locks! Thanks for your help!!
My pleasure.

You can adjust the numbers relative to each other for improved tire life, but you already knew that. I wouldn't go quite so far with the rear camber without a smaller front or larger rear sway bar.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #721
3rdGenAg2010

I tried to get my 20141LE aligned to Petes aggressive street specs and the shop said the car does not have the ability to adjust the camber on the front. I disagreed based on what I have seen here.

I even brought in the instructions from Pete.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached the alignmentsheet.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #722
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
First step would be to go to a different shop . The front camber is adjusted by loosening the two nuts/bolts at the bottom of the strut - one hole is elongated to allow the strut to pivot on the knuckle. There is also a threaded hole in the knuckle that you may have seen in Pete's guide - this allows for fine adjustment of camber, and such a bolt can be ordered from Pete (or probably various hardware shops if you know the thread pitch and stuff which I believe is mentioned in Pete's guide as well).
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #723
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
I'm going to look through this thread for my answer, but in case Pete or anyone else can point me in the right direction before I can get there I'll pose my question. 2012 Camaro V6 stock suspension other than upgraded front and rear sway bars. I did what I think was an aggressive street alignment for my last track day:

Fr camber -1.00 per side
Fr Toe 0.00
Rear Camber -.5
Rear toe .12
Total Toe .24

I"m willing to go further with the alignment for the track since Tires Plus will do it right before the event and then revert me back right afterwards. So what specs do they need to shoot for? I'm running 20X10 285/35-20's.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A

Last edited by Silent...; 09-19-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #724
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent... View Post
I'm going to look through this thread for my answer, but in case Pete or anyone else can point me in the right direction before I can get there I'll pose my question. 2012 Camaro V6 stock suspension other than upgraded front and rear sway bars. I did what I think was an aggressive street alignment for my last track day:

Fr camber -1.00 per side
Fr Toe 0.00
Rear Camber -.5
Rear toe .12
Total Toe .24

I"m willing to go further with the alignment for the track since Tires Plus will do it right before the event and then revert me back right afterwards. So what specs do they need to shoot for? I'm running 20X10 285/35-20's.

Try this with your well balanced V6.

Front
Camber -2.5 or as close as you can get
Toe OUT 0.50
Total TOE OUT 1.00

Rear
Camber -1.75 maintain a similar ratio if you can't get -2.5 up front
Toe IN 0.05
Total Toe IN 0.10

Let us know how she feels.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #725
3rdGenAg2010

Pete. Thanks so you think about my alignment I posted above for autocross?
Old 09-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #726
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGenAg2010 View Post
Pete. Thanks so you think about my alignment I posted above for autocross?
It is modest for A.C., but better than OE
Old 09-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #727
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
Quote:
Try this with your well balanced V6.

Front
Camber -2.5 or as close as you can get
Toe OUT 0.50
Total TOE OUT 1.00

Rear
Camber -1.75 maintain a similar ratio if you can't get -2.5 up front
Toe IN 0.05
Total Toe IN 0.10

Let us know how she feels.
Thanks Pete. I'll be at Sebring International Sept 30 and Oct 1 for the third time this year. I'll let you know.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #728
3rdGenAg2010

Quote:
It is modest for A.C., but better than OE
Thanks. This will be my first event in it this weekend. Will probably adjust afterwards.