Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Best cam kit for FI?

Hey guys, just doing some research on cams, but I wanted your guys' opinion on whats a good cam for the car that will not be too bad for a daily driver and later handle boost well when I can afford a turbo kit lol. Any kits you guys would recommend that won't break the bank, but not be too cheap either?
SSDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #2
SSDanny

Also, if this changes anything, I do plan on getting an e85 kit (can someone recommend a good one for this as well lol) and just a car to go fast in a straight line.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Auto or Stick car.... if auto are you getting a new convertor
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
SSDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdieu View Post
Auto or Stick car.... if auto are you getting a new convertor
Im stick!
Old 05-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
Hey guys, just doing some research on cams, but I wanted your guys' opinion on whats a good cam for the car that will not be too bad for a daily driver and later handle boost well when I can afford a turbo kit lol. Any kits you guys would recommend that won't break the bank, but not be too cheap either?
This is a good question for those running the new GM direct injection platforms.
It's the combo of the correct HPFP and fuel pump lobe to get you to the end of the road goals wise is the recipe.
The factory pumps and lobe type will support approx 530 or so rwhp, after that it's LT4 pump on stock type lobe should be good into the 600's for rwhp a modified 3 lobe will stretch you to low 700's.
We are working on solutions for more but no data to release as of yet.
You will be able to get away with a little less fuel system on a turbo build vs a supercharged one as the supercharger takes hp to drive.
We have a variety of camshafts for what your inquiring about.

Last edited by Livernois Motorsports; 05-17-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts

+1 for Livernois! Can't wait to get our Powerstorm hi-lift cam installed, along with our ProCharger setup.

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
The cam is the cheapest part of the build it is the supporting equipment and labor involved to change it out that is the big nut.

I offer a full line of cams for the LT-1 to meet your goals feel free to give me a call.

Quote:
Also, if this changes anything, I do plan on getting an e85 kit (can someone recommend a good one for this as well lol) and just a car to go fast in a straight line.
We recommend EFI Flex fuel kits we have plenty in stock.

We also offer FREE custom tuning support for parts purchase from JRE when you purchase a tuning solution from us like SCT or HPtuners.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cam, forced induction, turbo