Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-20-2015, 12:21 AM   #15
Cwoods06

Drives: 2014 camaro rs
interior
Attached Images

Cwoods06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #16
Cwoods06

Drives: 2014 camaro rs
exterior
Attached Images

Cwoods06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:49 AM   #17
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Whatever the difference in HP rating between the Camaro and Vette I dont believe it. It would cost GM more pennies to find a safe way to detune the LT1 in a Camaro. Like the old LS1 days!
Anyway I was dreaming to buy a 427 1LE but that didnt happen. More and more custom options will be available thru GM but some things will never happen, like a big engine option without the aero/suspension /brakes because they dont want bad press about a half-good car.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:42 PM   #18
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Aftermarket is for personalization, which seems to be what it is you're looking for. No vehicle is going to offer every single little detail you want exactly specified to your liking... that's what the enormous aftermarket industry is for.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #19
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I kind of agree that if the only exterior options on the car are the paint color and rims, it will be disappointing. But that's not very likely. The dealer playbook that leaked probably just shows the main options so dealerships can get a sense of what to order to differentiate their inventory a little. I'm sure for people configuring built-to-order cars, there will be some more personalization options. It's way too soon to know.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #20
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
The car has been revealed a few days and still has yet to release all info and you are pissed already? Then blow up about a "detuned" lt1 when 5-10hp can easily be due to intake and/or exhaust routing. C'mon dude have a cold one relax and let's wait to see what happens over the next few months or years.

BTW comparing a stock car to a bolt on/cammed car is just plain silly.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #21
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
It doesn't matter how many options the manufacturer offers, there will always be some items they don't provide options for.

In other words, no matter what you do, someone won't be happy.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:04 AM   #22
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I think it's best to air them out now.

Example could be the badge locations, there are plenty on this forum that have made comment about them being in a less than desirable location. Maybe Chevy will listen -should be easy enough if they're just stick-on w/o guide pins.

Would like them to go one step further on their performance parts by adding a few things as factory options (dealer option is acceptable, but pricing is usually skewed a bit since you're still paying for removed parts that you have to fight to receive)

Kinda bummed that there isn't an orange interior, so I won't be able to recreate my car, but it would be nice to have color combo override (incase someone want the red interior with a blue exterior).

If no one mentions their complaints now and waits 'til all of the official info is released in a couple months, it'll be too late (for a 2016 and possibly 2017).
Things that are currently on the chopping block could make it back into the production plan if enough enthusiasts speak up (within reason). *wishful thinking*
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #23
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
"engine mods from the factory". LOL
Old 05-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #24
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I agree, something like badge location is easy to fix ahead of production if GM has began to take note of all the complaints. However, when it comes to customization, it's a lot harder to make the argument just because it's less specific and more of a broad general complaint. You'd also be complaining about things nobody really knows until ordering begins...
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #25
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Kahdir , is the red not orderable for the blue car? I was trying to decide what interior for the blue car as i don t want brown in a blue car. I was thinkin hyper blue or white car w red interior. I may have considered a black seat with brown inners if offered. Seemed like mostly the old pontiacs had the brown seats usually trans ams and grand prix
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:39 AM   #26
Kahdir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Aftermarket is for personalization, which seems to be what it is you're looking for. No vehicle is going to offer every single little detail you want exactly specified to your liking... that's what the enormous aftermarket industry is for.
I'm in the aftermarket industry. My point is that Chevrolet's competitors have nice performance offerings from time of order.
I want a bit better baseline from the factory like the MOPAR Scat Pack and houndstooth covered seats (I hate hogrings), I can handle the rest pretty easily. The more options offered (like private label Borla exhaust or Hurst shifters) could help GM tap into the billion dollar industry.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:40 AM   #27
Kahdir

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
"engine mods from the factory". LOL
MOPAR Scat Pack...
Old 05-21-2015, 07:42 AM   #28
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
"Factory performance parts" that do not void the bumper to bumper or power train warranty are non existent.

The FRPP parts carry their own warranty, but Ford considers them aftermarket.

The GMP stuff straight up kills your warranty and is more expensive

The Scat Packs past stage 1 are "off road only" and now 2 years out from the announcement only Stage 1 has dropped.

Manufacturers don't want you to mess with their creation. They have company paid hacks that go into enthusiast forums and are paid to say that cold air intakes, headers, exhaust, and tunes don't really make any more power and that they actually compromise what has taken years to perfect. They cannot tell you that their tunes are extremely conservative and do not make ideal power because that would be seen as encouraging aftermarket meddling with their product.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote