Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #15
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhan54 View Post
Thank you all for your input. Quick question, does the AFE have the sound tube connection?
Yup

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:57 PM   #16
Stanga85

Drives: Camaro RS 2017 V6 Bright Yellow
Hi everybody,
Thank to this useful thread I made up my mind quickly and ordered an AFE exhaust for my Camaro RS 2017. Now the question is, since my car doesn't even have 1000 miles yet, might there be problems? Or it's perfectly fine? I'm probably gonna pair it with a Borla Atak Exhaust...
Also, Cellsafelover says:
Quote:
Just keep your stock one in storage for a quick swap when you need to go get tested.

But the question is, how often do we need to get tested? And where? I just bought the car and I will have some free services in the beginning. Do you think I will lose them if they see I modified it already?
Stanga85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #17
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
i dont think florida does emissions testing. Do they even do any sort of inspection?
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #18
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanga85 View Post
Hi everybody,
Thank to this useful thread I made up my mind quickly and ordered an AFE exhaust for my Camaro RS 2017. Now the question is, since my car doesn't even have 1000 miles yet, might there be problems? Or it's perfectly fine? I'm probably gonna pair it with a Borla Atak Exhaust...
Also, Cellsafelover says:

But the question is, how often do we need to get tested? And where? I just bought the car and I will have some free services in the beginning. Do you think I will lose them if they see I modified it already?
testing will only be for your car per your state mandate of the DMV or MVA (different name same place in most all states).

as for dealerships.... some are jerks and will make claims that they cant service your car for free (highly unlikely but a few have been this way) and some don't care and will understand an intake and exhaust doesn't really void any warranties past the part replaced.

personally I don't swap anything out. I just go in, haven't had ANY issues. AFE and borla combo.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #19
Stanga85

Drives: Camaro RS 2017 V6 Bright Yellow
This posts will be like a Bible to me! Thanks!
Honestly I'm Italian, I only lived here for 2,5 years now, I still don't know a lot of stuff as far as regulations. But no, with my previous car nobody ever asked me to get inspected... I guess Florida is still behind with that. In Italy it's actually required once every 2 years...
Thank you very much to everybody!
Stanga85 is offline   Reply With Quote