Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 12-13-2023, 04:56 PM   #8905
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Saw an interesting article about car depreciation. The Camaro was ranked as seventh best. The article stated: "Two more sports cars (the Subaru BRZ and Chevrolet Camaro) feature in the top 10, indicating that these “fun” designer cars are valued for their status as well as functionality."

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/ran...-resale-value/

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 12:29 AM   #8906
GroundhogSS

Article about an EV Camaro based on the Gen 3.
https://www.autoblog.com/2023/08/09/...retro-opinion/

#TeamBeckyD

Old 01-05-2024, 08:30 AM   #8907
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Random thought of the day… This picture of me with Ed Welburn is from an Automotive Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony a couple years ago. Ed was presenting Jay Leno for induction.

The conversation Ed and I were having was about Camaros and Powertrain Portfolio Planning directors. When I first met Ed I was Powertrain Portfolio Planning director. I am still in contact with several of the people who have held that position before and after me. Of the five most recent P3 directors who have retired, four of us bought Camaro Convertibles as our retirement toys.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 10:55 AM   #8908
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
... Of the five most recent P3 directors who have retired, four of us bought Camaro Convertibles as our retirement toys.
Very cool
Old 01-05-2024, 03:41 PM   #8909
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
If we are going ALL in on EV, why are they building so many new gasoline stations around me?
Old 01-05-2024, 06:15 PM   #8910
GroundhogSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013ZL1FUN View Post
If we are going ALL in on EV, why are they building so many new gasoline stations around me?

I guess they're cheaper to build than EV stations. They know the market.

#TeamBeckyD

Old 01-23-2024, 08:17 AM   #8911
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Didn't feel like making a new thread, but since there is a lot of GM knowledge in here I figure I would ask here. I have a buddy who bought an 86 Grand National and he is having trouble tracking down some parts. What's the best place for him to look? He's looking specifically right now for an instrument panel support bracket.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 08:18 AM   #8912
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

In their Earnings Call GM just confirmed that there will be a PHEV in the portfolio. Other confidential information I have received indicates that it’s most likely on the T1XX platform (full sized trucks/utes). Makes sense. It would provide GM an interesting alternative to RamCharger.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 01-31-2024, 02:35 AM   #8913
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
If you don't mind questions Martinjlm:
Is this related to the 6th gen V8 investment announced last year?
Could that be interpreted as a clue they're leaning more toward a F-150 style hybrid than Ramcharger setup?

For the California plug-in allowance, would a pickup be unladen to meet battery range?
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:04 AM   #8914
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Didn't feel like making a new thread, but since there is a lot of GM knowledge in here I figure I would ask here. I have a buddy who bought an 86 Grand National and he is having trouble tracking down some parts. What's the best place for him to look? He's looking specifically right now for an instrument panel support bracket.
Tell him to try these folks. Classic Industries. I had so-so luck with them when I got some parts for my '71 Cutlass. They might have what your buddy needs.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2024, 08:13 AM   #8915
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
If you don't mind questions Martinjlm:
Is this related to the 6th gen V8 investment announced last year?
Too early to say but it would make sense. You’d ant to lean towards the most modern engine designs if for no other reason than longevity and to tie into on going development.
Quote:
Could that be interpreted as a clue they're leaning more toward a F-150 style hybrid than Ramcharger setup?
Keep in mind the idea that this would be for full-size trucks is my opinion / expectation. GM has said nothing on this in either direction. The RamCharger is a setup very similar to Volt. The ICE does nothing to assist moving the wheels, towing mass, or hauling capability. It buys time by putting energy back in the battery so the vehicle can keep doing whatever it’s doing for longer. If GM goes the PHEV route, I would expect physical connection to the wheels which would help in all these situations. When I was still at GM, the Product Development community was very explicit in communicating the difference between a PHEV and a range extender. Since Mary Barra said “PHEV”, I’m assuming those distinctions still hold.

Quote:
For the California plug-in allowance, would a pickup be unladen to meet battery range?
I think so but I would have to look at what was actually signed into law. When I read the Executive Order it was very gray on how to treat PHEV and range extenders. Sort of a non-answer but that’s all I got right now.

Old 01-31-2024, 09:20 AM   #8916
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Keep in mind the idea that this would be for full-size trucks is my opinion / expectation. GM has said nothing on this in either direction. The RamCharger is a setup very similar to Volt. The ICE does nothing to assist moving the wheels, towing mass, or hauling capability.
James in your opinion will full size trucks continue to be ICE by 2035? From what I've read I believe trucks get more of a lenient evaluation of their emissions in comparison to cars and cuvs. If that continues to be the case I'd assume customers wanting a gas engine would just buy a truck.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:40 AM   #8917
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
In their Earnings Call GM just confirmed that there will be a PHEV in the portfolio. Other confidential information I have received indicates that it’s most likely on the T1XX platform (full sized trucks/utes). Makes sense. It would provide GM an interesting alternative to RamCharger.
That is very interesting.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:15 PM   #8918
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
James in your opinion will full size trucks continue to be ICE by 2035? From what I've read I believe trucks get more of a lenient evaluation of their emissions in comparison to cars and cuvs. If that continues to be the case I'd assume customers wanting a gas engine would just buy a truck.
I’ve always thought that would be the case. Even with GM’s Zero Emissios by 2035 it was phrased as an aspiration. We always figured full size trucks and SUVs (ie - cash cows) would be the last to convert and would likely, at least for the 2500 series and above stay ICE even beyond 2035. That’s why the Gen VI engine.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions