Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #15
DevonK

Drives: TBD
Major conflict here - visually speaking I love the overall form (and the sound of that V8!).... but in terms of driveability I wish they'd done a lot more to fix the abysmal outward visibility, moving it at least up to Mustang levels. Have to wait and see if I can live with it as delivered.
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:44 AM   #16
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
I like the 6th gen it has all the options that we 5th gen first orders couldn't get at the time but at the time we were the cutting edge. I am jealous that my son is getting one but am proud that he can finally get his own.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #17
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
I was admittedly underwhelmed by the exterior at 1st. Thinking it looked near identical to a 5th Gen. But as my eyes have adjusted Ive noticed the little details(and seen better images of the BIGGER details) that let me truely appreciate the exterior, as much as I love the interior!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #18
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain279 View Post
Yes, they improved on the car in every way and have me interested again after passing on the whole 5th gen due to excessive weight. A lot of people have told me that if I was a true Camaro fan it wouldn't have mattered but it always bugged me that even with an LS3 the 5th gen SS was no faster than the 4th gen's lowly LS1 because of its size. The Z/28 was tempting though (always wanted an LS7 car and it even had Carbon Ceramic brakes!) but you couldn't get the color HUD or some other things I think of as essential.

The only thing I am waiting for now are the announcements of the performance models. That is where my interest lies.
You missed out on a great Camaro, the 5th gen was a huge improvement over the 4th gen. I have owned three 4th gens and now buying into my third 5th Gen. Can't wait.

I disagree the 4th gen LS1 is faster then the V8 5th gen LS3s, from my experience at the track. It takes modding better, but faster stock, nope. The LS1s runs closer to the L99s.

Don't miss out on the CA6 for sure. Bring your wallet.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #19
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
Rocco. Jesus enough already. Every
thread, every post... Go back to the Gen5 forum if you hate this car so much.
Once again don't hate it don't love it ether. How guys on here can love a car that they haven't seen in person like I have haven't sat in it like I have or dove it like I haven't is just mind blowing to me. I mean what if you get the car and your to tall or to fat to fit in it comfortably. Maybe once the car is out and real reviews come out buy people who have drivin it and once I drive one my mind might change. I'm not going to sit on here and talk about how awesome it is when I haven't done none of the above like you guys. What I've seen a lot of cheap looking plastic and a awful back end inside very nice, outside not so nice room inside very small feeling. Price is to high the car is a 1/2 a second faster and it goes around a track faster big deal and that's what most people who buy it will say when they see the price.

Last edited by Rocco70; 09-26-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #20
Rocco70
THE YETI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Until you get a 6th gen, will see you in our review mirrors
Doubt that v6 boy finally moving up to the big leagues and beleave me if I decide not to get one mine will be built so that's not an issue. I would love ruining your day when you pull up next to me.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #21
Rocco70
THE YETI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc_Z28 View Post
Say what you want about styling, that's your opinion.... but your 5th gen ss is not even close performance wise to the gen6 ss
Not even close meaning what around a track big deal 1/4 mile is a half a second still a drivers race on the street. Its very easy to get that half of a second headers gear done save shit load of money.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #22
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Only dissatisfied that I won't be able to get one for a few years
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #23
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
Not even close meaning what around a track big deal 1/4 mile is a half a second still a drivers race on the street. Its very easy to get that half of a second headers gear done save shit load of money.
Just asking if you've gone 1/4. If so ,E.T. MPH. curious with the mods you've made. Want to compare it other SS's in my area.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:44 PM   #24
Rocco70
THE YETI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
Just asking if you've gone 1/4. If so ,E.T. MPH. curious with the mods you've made. Want to compare it other SS's in my area.
Never had this car to the track never cared to but as I said in post above I have a 3:91 1le gear ported throttle body better tires cold air and a tune and a short throw shifter. If I keep it that will change they clam a 1/2 a second just from the 3:91 not sure if I believe that but at least 3 tenths. I believe stock they ran 12.9 in the quarter mile so with my mods I would think I pick up a 1/2 of a second. They clam 12.4 with stick and 12.3 with auto 6th gen I beleave the new mustangs run 12.6 stock. So to say the 6 th gen is going to leave everything in the dust is just a joke were talking tenths. The street is were it matters not around a circle.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #25
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
Never had this car to the track never cared to but as I said in post above I have a 3:91 1le gear ported throttle body better tires cold air and a tune and a short throw shifter. If I keep it that will change they clam a 1/2 a second just from the 3:91 not sure if I believe that but at least 3 tenths. I believe stock they ran 12.9 in the quarter mile so with my mods I would think I pick up a 1/2 of a second. They clam 12.4 with stick and 12.3 with auto 6th gen I beleave the new mustangs run 12.6 stock. So to say the 6 th gen is going to leave everything in the dust is just a joke were talking tenths. The street is were it matters not around a circle.
all of your times are hero runs, stock average is about 13.0 all the way to 13.5
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote