Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 04-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #141
RockerC

Drives: 2016 SS, NFG, MRC, NPP, Auto
Shudder is back

Had the TC replaced after triple flush last summer at 15,000 miles. It returned at 18,000 and I will make appointment to bring it back in a week or two. what is different now, though, is that it only occurs in V4 mode. Before it didn't matter which mode it was in or gear.

Also, I can make it go away by switching to manual mode, downshifting to 7th and then back up to 8th. ???? It stays in V8 mode and there is no shudder at all. I know there is some debate about the cause but I have no clue what is going on. frustrating and I'm entering the last year of warranty...

I should mention that the A8 is an amazing transmission in terms of performance. I love being able to keep it in gear or downshift to the gear I want just by modulating throttle pressure. and it shifts a helluva lot quicker than I could with a manual.

Last edited by RockerC; 04-23-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:53 AM   #142
killervette666

Drives: 1979 Corvette
Wow, this is incredible, glad to see this get picked back up!! If I've been checked out of this thread for a while it's because I actually sold my 17 1SS and upgraded to a 17 A10 ZL1. The triple flush actually fixed the shudder for good on my SS before I sold it, but the A8 was clunky in shifting to the day I sold it (the infamous "kick" in the back when slowing down being most annoying). Significant difference with the A10, much much smoother. Hopefully Al can chime in on why there's so many A8 issues.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #143
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
The question requires them to admit there is a problem with the A8....so, ummm. How can they respond in a way that doesn't lead to a class action.
Al O. and company probably thought they would have fun answering questions from the Camaro family, not irate customers.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:21 PM   #144
SR 33

Drives: 2016 1LT - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
The question requires them to admit there is a problem with the A8....so, ummm. How can they respond in a way that doesn't lead to a class action.
Al O. and company probably thought they would have fun answering questions from the Camaro family, not irate customers.
My thoughts on this exactly. I hope this doesn’t scare them into shutting this thing down cause it’s really cool of the design team to do for us fans. That said, I’m still curious as to what they’ll say, while keeping expectations within reason for their response
Old 04-24-2018, 08:48 PM   #145
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR 33 View Post
My thoughts on this exactly. I hope this doesn’t scare them into shutting this thing down cause it’s really cool of the design team to do for us fans. That said, I’m still curious as to what they’ll say, while keeping expectations within reason for their response
These people are pros and not kindergarten sissies looking for a safe space, they won't back down just because some customers have a thorny problem with their car that they absolutely love and admire otherwise.

If anything, this will serve to keep them aware of the problem, and can actually be another great opportunity to show their dedication. I have already shown mine, just look at my sig, I picked up a new A8 2SS a month ago, knowing full well about the issue and yet trusting that the designers of this magnificent machine will find a solution, one way or another.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
Old 04-25-2018, 12:00 AM   #146
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
These people are pros and not kindergarten sissies looking for a safe space, they won't back down just because some customers have a thorny problem with their car that they absolutely love and admire otherwise.

If anything, this will serve to keep them aware of the problem, and can actually be another great opportunity to show their dedication. I have already shown mine, just look at my sig, I picked up a new A8 2SS a month ago, knowing full well about the issue and yet trusting that the designers of this magnificent machine will find a solution, one way or another.
The solution will likely be a TCM re-map the issue is already confirmed to be the Factory Settings for Slip%'s. Probably not going to happen at all in all honesty they know what's causing it they know the damage it's causing but until someone is injured or killed which is highly unlikely they aren't going to waste the money fixing it.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 04-25-2018, 12:42 AM   #147
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Just adding fuel to the fire.... I went to my dealership a few weeks ago about my shudder. Even gave them a copy of the notice.

They could not even replicate the problem, because there is no road near them where they can do 60-70 mph (where mine shudders at).

They are taking it in on a recall for a transmission line anyways and they claim to have a machine that can detect vibrations without driving it at those speeds (no clue on that one). Odd thing is that the service manager said he was well aware of the problem with the A8 in the trucks but hasnt had a Camaro come in yet.

We shall see.... I'm holding off on modding my car (and voiding the warranty) until it's fixed. Which kind of sucks because I have full bolt ons waiting, and ironically.. a converter
Old 04-25-2018, 01:33 AM   #148
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Just adding fuel to the fire.... I went to my dealership a few weeks ago about my shudder. Even gave them a copy of the notice.

They could not even replicate the problem, because there is no road near them where they can do 60-70 mph (where mine shudders at).

They are taking it in on a recall for a transmission line anyways and they claim to have a machine that can detect vibrations without driving it at those speeds (no clue on that one). Odd thing is that the service manager said he was well aware of the problem with the A8 in the trucks but hasnt had a Camaro come in yet.

We shall see.... I'm holding off on modding my car (and voiding the warranty) until it's fixed. Which kind of sucks because I have full bolt ons waiting, and ironically.. a converter
I honestly think the MEMO from GM to dealers involving this issue went something similar to this.

"Dear Dealership,

We know there is a common issue with A8 Transmission Shudder and though this was designed into the vehicle and not tested for any long lasting effects like we claim to do with all things we release, customers will experience transmission shudder due to low fluid line pressure at certain speeds and conditions. This can result in damage to the converter and other parts, but don't fret attached to this pallet of Transmission & Differential Fluid is instructions for a 3 flush Band-Aid to drain the already harmful shavings and internal debris caused by our factory Slip% settings though we know it will likely come back within a few hundred to thousand miles. We sincerely hope you continue to ignore your customers eventhough they have actually figured out what's causing it already."

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 04-25-2018, 09:49 AM   #149
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Al's Answer has arrived. Please visit this thread to see it, and discuss:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527133

Closed Thread