Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #29
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Oh what the hell... BC racing monoblock RZ 22, 19×10.5 (offset to be determined) in a dark clear finish:
Attached Images

Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #30
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Oh yeah, love those wheels!! Congrats, I know you are having some fun.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #31
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Oh yeah, love those wheels!! Congrats, I know you are having some fun.
Yah... Kinda putting the cart before the horse here with buying the tires first, but the close out deal on them made it hard to resist
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Old 04-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #32
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Yah... Kinda putting the cart before the horse here with buying the tires first, but the close out deal on them made it hard to resist
Totally get it.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #33
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Lovely looking wheels.

If we used the 1LE/ZL1 wheels as a guide, you'd want a 14mm front offset (to keep distance from the wheel to the strut the same) and 43mm rear (to keep the tire centered in the wheelwell the same).
Old 04-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #34
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Lovely looking wheels.

If we used the 1LE/ZL1 wheels as a guide, you'd want a 14mm front offset (to keep distance from the wheel to the strut the same) and 43mm rear (to keep the tire centered in the wheelwell the same).
Thanks for the advice Ryephile, hope you are seeing some progress with Astro.
I'm looking to keep offsets front and rear the same so I can rotate... Was thinking a 35mm offset (only plugged numbers into a 'fitment calculator', haven't been under the car with a tape measure yet.)
Any advice on offsets for a square setup? I realize a spacer might be needed up front, also I *think I'll add coilovers to this setup... I'm thinking about holding out for the spool valve ZL1 1LE setup with some different spring rates though also...
Old 04-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #35
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Thank you too!

Ok, so with the wheel offsets, it seems the main concern is clearing the strut up front. Just to write it down, the SS 1LE wheels are 20x10 et20 front, and 20x11 et43 rear. To have the same clearance up front with a 10.5" wheel, you need to subtract 1/4" of offset, which means 10.5" wide with an et14. I know glamcem is running a 19x10.5" et22 with a 5mm spacer, making his effectively et17, and he had to grind his struts for clearance.

In order to do a rotatable square setup, you'll have to do something like 19x10.5 et44 and then run a 30mm spacer up front. That would work. It would clear the front strut and be within 1mm of the factory SS 1LE in back.

Now, if you eventually went with the ZL1 1LE DSSV's (LOL with the acronyms), you'll have more room up front to run a smaller spacer, but we'd have to measure that out when the ZL1 1LE wheel offsets are known.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #36
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Lovin this progression!

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #37
Corner carver

Scale confirms the 27lbs that TireRack claimed
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 PM   #38
Corner carver

Out of winter storage... First thing is a rear diff flush
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #39
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
UPS delivered your tires!!

OUCH, How much did they get you for? I can only imagine.

I used a border service to get my tires and picked them up in Mississauga.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #40
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Exciting journey it sounds like. Good luck hitting those number! And have fun! (wish I had that type of knowledge swimming around in my head)
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:40 AM   #41
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
UPS delivered your tires!!

OUCH, How much did they get you for? I can only imagine.

I used a border service to get my tires and picked them up in Mississauga.
Shipping, taxes and import charges came to almost $400 cdn on the nose... Luckily they were on close out for $235 cdn...
I'll have to look into these border transport guys... What did you pay to get your tires to Mississauga?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:42 AM   #42
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post
Exciting journey it sounds like. Good luck hitting those number! And have fun! (wish I had that type of knowledge swimming around in my head)
Thanks! I hope you have as much fun reading as I do typing it up and taking pics... Reach out on the forum with questions, lots of knowledgeable peeps willing to help out in this community