Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #29
Quester

Drives: 16 2SS Convertable
Oh, and don’t forget when you go to sell it the “car fax” will show the accident and decrees your resale valve
Quester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:57 PM   #30
Driium

Drives: '17 SS
If you can walk away from the deal DO IT. I was in a similar predicament as you. Car was delivered with scratches in the clear coat on the trunk lid, too deep for a wet sand and polish. Dealer promised to fix it, but they ignored my calls, stopped returning my emails.

I started showing up in person looking for the GM who conveniently was never in. Called GM corporate who essentially told me that it was up to the dealer to make things right. This was a year ago, and it pisses me off today just thinking about it.

Needless to say, I will NEVER buy a car from that dealer again... As much as I am enjoying my Camaro today, I might never buy a GM product again PERIOD based on the bad experience. Believe it or not, I was cross shopping the Camaro, a Corvette, M4 or a 911 any one of which was going to be a brand new factory ordered purchase. Looking back, I should have gone up market to a dealer that actually cares about its reputation.

I felt like they had my money (Which I paid all off in cash the day of purchase) and so they couldn't give two F***'s about me after the fact.

I should also add: The dealer will try to placate you on some BS touch up job where they will talk up some amateur tier touch up detailer schmuck who had no business touching vehicle paint but can some how work "Miracles" and make it look like the damage never happened and if you refuse that then they will try to send the car to the cheapest, lowest quality body shop for the work. It might look fine at first, but after a few months, the repair job will unravel, the paint will look dull, the lightest breeze will chip the paint, the color will start to mismatch.

Please take it it from those of us who have been through it already.

*Sorry for the salt*

Last edited by Driium; 03-19-2018 at 09:10 PM. Reason: A sentence
Driium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #31
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I feel your pain about your new Camaro but since you signed the paperwork and paid for it don't you own it even though you didn't drive it off the lot? Hopefully you can get the situation resolved and no I wouldn't ever buy any vehicle from that dealership in the future. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #32
MATTHEWLONG

Drives: 2017 CAMARO 2SS
If the sale hadnt fully gone through then it most likely wont show on Carfax. When I worked at ford the, the most damaged car I saw sold as new with a clean carfax was about $20K of damage.
MATTHEWLONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:46 AM   #33
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
With my luck, I'd tell them I want a new car, and then I'd get into an accident the next day with worse damage.

I would still take the car as long as this type of thing doesn't make this an "R" title. That would be my only worry, but not sure what it takes to get the "R."
Old 03-22-2018, 04:05 PM   #34
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgates View Post
I ordered a 2018 2SS. It finally came in and I went down to the Dealer and paid for it, did paperwork, etc. I got them to throw in window tinting so I left the car there, never taking delivery. When I went back to get it, it had damage to the front bumper and panel (See Pic). Of course they said they will fix it, but I'm thinking it will never really be the same as new. I paid for a new car, not one with repaired body damage. Any thoughts?

Ask them to order a new one.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #35
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I understand how you feel. However, the reality is that there are many, many cars on lots that have had this kind of repair work done to it long before it's sold. Cars get damaged in transit, or sitting on the lot all the time.

Just make sure everything is documented. Don't take possession of the car until it is fixed to your satisfaction. Tell them you want them to make the first payment for you to compensate for the lost time.

Yeh...but they should have repaired it before he knew anything about it.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #36
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I feel your pain about your new Camaro but since you signed the paperwork and paid for it don't you own it even though you didn't drive it off the lot? Hopefully you can get the situation resolved and no I wouldn't ever buy any vehicle from that dealership in the future. Good luck!

Yeh but he ordered a Brand car in new condition. With the damage its no longer in brand new condition.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #37
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
It would pain me seeing my brand new car with that damage. I wouldn't want it and would seek legal advice if necessary. I would only accept it if they replaced all dented parts, properly matched the paint job to my satisfaction, and agree in writing to re-paint if it ever fades.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #38
JDono

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6 Vert - Riptide Blue
I went through this before. I argued the same point that I paid for new and not for 'refurbished" esp considering they took 3k off my trade in bc off paint work which was warrantied under my insurance that was going to be done in THEIR shop. They told me they wouldnt offer me a discount bc they would have to fix the car regardless and could just sell it to someone else who didnt know about the damage. I took my trade in back and went elsewhere...
JDono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:40 AM   #39
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I would unwind the deal. Then offer this option:

I refuse delivery of a damaged vehicle period. I will purchase an exact replacement damage free if... you provide a comparable loaner vehicle until it arrives. I intended on picking up a new vehicle today. Your negligence has prevented that. If you are willing to make it 100% right with a replacement and comparable loaner in the meantime, we can move forward. Otherwise...adios.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #40
Blubyu2

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
damage

No way would I take it after paying that kind of money i would demand a new car.
Blubyu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #41
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Accidents happen. Saying the dealer is a scumbag and get a lawyer is silly. Most likely the window tint person accidently hit something. Not a huge deal, you told them and they said they would fix it. If you want a different car, just ask them. Give them time to make it right. No it won't be on a carfax because its not a insurance claim so the title will be clean if you do decide to keep it. And no they can not repair it by law and sell it as new if the damage is over $500. It has to be disclosed.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #42
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Accidents happen. Saying the dealer is a scumbag and get a lawyer is silly. Most likely the window tint person accidently hit something. Not a huge deal, you told them and they said they would fix it. If you want a different car, just ask them. Give them time to make it right. No it won't be on a carfax because its not a insurance claim so the title will be clean if you do decide to keep it. And no they can not repair it by law and sell it as new if the damage is over $500. It has to be disclosed.
You must be a car salesman. It is completely inexcusable for any new car to be delivered with as much as a thumbnail scratch. The dealer has the responsibility to deliver the car as it came from the factory. Anything else is not acceptable under any circumstances.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote