Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Should there be a design difference for all 3 cars?
Yes 50 56.82%
No 29 32.95%
Not sure 9 10.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2015, 06:07 AM   #29
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Why would one really care? Enjoy the car "you" buy...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #30
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
I'm not ashamed for thinking the way I do. I'm not alone, but I'm probably the only one not afraid to admit it.
At least you're standing by your comments. I don't agree with them, but I'll give you props for not backing down.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:49 AM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
On the 5th Gen you could easily spot the difference between the LS, LT and SS in a parking lot. With the 6th Gen there is only the LT and SS now, but there are 3 powerplants.

You can still tell the LT from the SS but you can't tell the V6 from the I4T. I know that the SS lovers won't care but the V6ers most likely will. I know I do, and don't say "you should get the SS then" because that is not the point.

The point is that GM built 3 cars but only designed 2 what are your thoughts?

So here is the question should there be a design difference for all 3 cars?
I don't think it matters in the least, unless you're buying it to satisfy some sort of an inferiority complex...and if that's the case - get a Vette.

If you compare the SS to the LTs...you can pick out and identify all the changes that were made were derived from functional need for more air, cooling, etc.

I don't feel there is a serious need to design different cars for each powertrain. For example, you often can't tell which of 4 or 5 different engines a Silverado has. And there's no way on a Camaro to visually tell the difference between manual and auto cars from the exterior.

I think bottom line is they're gorgeous in every version. And that is the point...it was stated that surveys of customers revealed design, not performance, is the #1 reason for purchase.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #32
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I don't think it matters in the least, unless you're buying it to satisfy some sort of an inferiority complex...and if that's the case - get a Vette.
This.

And no offense, but nobody other than people on these forums would even know there is a 4, or 6, or 8. They won't know, or care. And if you think you're placing yourself into a higher status by saying you own a V6 over a turbo 4, then you're definitely living in some type of fantasy land.

These cars need to sell and we don't need petty things to keep that from happening.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #33
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Unless a LT had a RS package.. Besides the wheels I couldn't tell it from a LS
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #34
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
*thinks back to 4th gens and the only way to tell the difference was the body matched targa panel*

One thing to keep in mind with designing a different style for each trim level is that it costs more money in time and development which will get translated to the consumer.

Also, keep in mind, we've seen the SS front fascia and the RS package.
Have we seen a true "base model" fascia yet?

as far as swapping front clips to look like something else, its not always that simple.

I love the look of the RS package, but I REALLY love the SS front clip.
If I end up with the base model, one of the first mods will be to swap to an SS front clip. now, I wont be carrying over the SS badges in an attempt to pretend I'm something I'm not. But styling wise, I like the aggressive looks of the SS front clip over the RS.

and the only person whose opinion makes an impact on my cars is my own.
(hence why I have the nickname of Jalopy Jedi...lol)
If you get butthurt because my cheaper car looks like yours... waaaah.

people buy these cars to make them their own. to add that flavor of themselves.
Its why so many of us have a hard time remembering someones name, but if you mention their car, I know exactly who you are talking about... lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #35
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Im pretty sure that we now have the LT (T4) RS (V6) and SS (V8) model, I doubt that the RS will continue to be an add-on package, the RS was always the "good but not great" camaro from what I recall, so theyre going back to their roots in terms of naming. The SS/RS always kind of bugged me in the gen5s, glad theyre switching back.
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #36
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Im pretty sure that we now have the LT (T4) RS (V6) and SS (V8) model, I doubt that the RS will continue to be an add-on package, the RS was always the "good but not great" camaro from what I recall, so theyre going back to their roots in terms of naming. The SS/RS always kind of bugged me in the gen5s, glad theyre switching back.
Except the T4 camaro they showed on saturday was an RS model. So maybe the models are either an RS LT or an SS; or they still have the RS as an addon package for any of the LT models.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #37
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
1LT is Turbo 4
2LT is V6
SS is V8

RS package returns with exterior lighting effects and interior enhancements.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:14 PM   #38
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
RS/SS was an option back in the day , not just on the 5th gen.
I agree there should be a distinction between models. I'm sure that a ZL1 and Z/28 will have distinctive looks or badges, as should the T4, V6 and SS.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #39
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
If you compare the SS to the LTs...you can pick out and identify all the changes that were made were derived from functional need for more air, cooling, etc.
You have a flaw in your statement. The Cylon eye on the 2010 - 2013 was a non functional scope that's only purpose was to make it easier to distinguish the SS from the other models.

Quote:
I don't feel there is a serious need to design different cars for each powertrain. For example, you often can't tell which of 4 or 5 different engines a Silverado has. And there's no way on a Camaro to visually tell the difference between manual and auto cars from the exterior.
I think you should look at the Silverado again. You will see that they have badging differences as well as bumpers and trim differences.

I'm not requesting a major change. I'm just pointing out the Chevrolet made no marking differences between the V6 and T4. Even the Chevy Cruze is badged for every model difference.

Quote:
I think bottom line is they're gorgeous in every version. And that is the point...it was stated that surveys of customers revealed design, not performance, is the #1 reason for purchase.
Yes that is true in part, but I will point out that the steering wheel design whent back to the 2010 - 2011 design because so many owners complained that the 2012 - 2015 looked to much like every other Chevy steering wheel with the bowtie logo. Camaro owners wanted it to look like it was special. something that would only be in a Camaro. So I don't think it is to much to ask for something as simple as a badge or something as big as a grill. If the SS can have it's own look why can't the V6 and the T4.

Quote:
1LT is Turbo 4
2LT is V6
SS is V8

RS package returns with exterior lighting effects and interior enhancements.
Where did you find this Info please share.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #40
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
It matters because those of us who decided to get the more expensive and faster car with more options want to be different from the lower end models. It's like a exclusivity thing, we pay more so we want to be treated better to suppliment our investment.
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:00 PM   #41
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post

Where did you find this Info please share.
Mr Wyndham is the owner of a large Motel chain, (who's name I won't reveal) and a large share-holder in GM.

If he says it, you better believe it.

(unlike other members of this fine site)
Old 05-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #42
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Mr Wyndham is the owner of a large Motel chain, (who's name I won't reveal) and a large share-holder in GM.

If he says it, you better believe it.

(unlike other members of this fine site)
he wishes!

Tags
5th gen, 6th gen