Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Help! Resonator delete price

I just got quoted $225 for a resonator delete. I thought I remembered seeing other people talk about it and get quoted less. Does that sound right or does that seem a bit high to everyone? Thanks in advance!
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

The price I’ve mostly seen is about 60. Does that sound right or even close?
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
Old 03-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
this all depends on what shop you go to, who you know, how much they charge for materials and labor. its going to be different anywhere you go. if you are looking to get it done local, i would seriously check with locals in the car scene on price.

around here the avg mom and pop shop is about 80-110$ per hour. they may charge 60$ in parts (pipe, new hangers tacked on and welding). by time they drive your car in, get it up, measure, cut and weld, you may be in it for an hour to 1.5 hours.

some shops do this as a specialty and may have a flat rate price.

but the more accurate assessment would be to check with local people. just because someone paid 60 for it, at a friends shop on the west coast or a state or two away, doesn't mean all shops are going to follow suit.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
I just got quoted $225 for a resonator delete. I thought I remembered seeing other people talk about it and get quoted less. Does that sound right or does that seem a bit high to everyone? Thanks in advance!
I paid like $60 in colorado on my 2013 about 2-3 years ago. $200+ is way on the high side.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #5
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Appreciate the replies yall. It’s a shop my gf’s friend’s boyfriend works at so I was hoping to get a little love lol. But he told me they’re a “premium” shop and only really work on high end cars so that explains a lot. I didn’t realize labor charges were that high either.

I guess the most I would’ve been expecting to pay was $150-$180 on the high side. But I’m gonna hold off until I talk to more people around here. Appreciate it!