Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2017, 10:37 PM   #1
Kathy v6

Drives: 2017 1le
Cool 2017 1le Rock chips

Hi. Just got my car and realized very quickly that protection is needed. Saw there was some discussion between the gm splash guards and the ZL1 add ons. There was one guy who said he had a 1LE and the gm ones were working for his car. Was wondering if he could still attest to this after having them on for a while. Any other opinions would be helpful. Also has anyone put on the acs rocker and what results are you having? Lastly , can you put on gm guards and acs rocker? Someone said no. Thanks.
Kathy v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
Xpel! Great stuff but very expensive.

http://www.xpel.com/xpel-ultimate-pa...otection-film/
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
1LE SS with rock guard protection

GM splash guards (front) are not compatible with most if not all rocker panels. However, the ZL1Addons premium rock guards will, and many 1LE owners have gone this route including me. These guards also have been demonstrated to work with many side skirts from various manufacturers (on YouTube). Although I do not have side skirts as of yet, I'm planning on going with the ZL1-style from ACS in the future. Finally, I have Xpel on the front fascia, a-pillars, leading roof from behind windshield (extends about 1/4 distance of roof), front fenders (completely to avoid seams), lower doors (follows lower character line to hide seam), the rocker panels complete up to body seam with quarter panel, and lower sides of rear bumper cover behind the rear tires. The Xpel was $1,500 installed. Whatever you do, do it ASAP. I procrastinated 1,500 miles and have suffered some minor consequences for that decision before I acted.
Attached Images

HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote