Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-16-2023, 10:12 PM   #29
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I’m taking an allocation that was already in process. The order is scheduled to be produced 07/24.
Ok understood. How is this one spec'd out?
Old 06-17-2023, 09:24 AM   #30
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
Ok understood. How is this one spec'd out?
It probably wouldn’t be my spec from scratch, but it IS something that I like. The color primarily what I would likely do differently. I love black (and think it’s probably the best color on the ZL1) but I hate the maintenance of it. I try to keep my cars spotless and black is an uphill battle.

Otherwise it’s a 6 speed, nav (which I think is a stupid), and red interior bits/belts. I probably would’ve added the sunroof and carbon dash. I guess I could always add the dash piece.

Realistically this way saves me money at the end of the day lol. And while I could’ve survived with the A10, it’s really a slap in the face to get charged extra on top..of something that isn’t my first choice to begin with. lol
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 11:21 AM   #31
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
It probably wouldn’t be my spec from scratch, but it IS something that I like. The color primarily what I would likely do differently. I love black (and think it’s probably the best color on the ZL1) but I hate the maintenance of it. I try to keep my cars spotless and black is an uphill battle.

Otherwise it’s a 6 speed, nav (which I think is a stupid), and red interior bits/belts. I probably would’ve added the sunroof and carbon dash. I guess I could always add the dash piece.

Realistically this way saves me money at the end of the day lol. And while I could’ve survived with the A10, it’s really a slap in the face to get charged extra on top..of something that isn’t my first choice to begin with. lol
Black is an awesome color for a sports car and probably the most popular. Yes it requires extra work, but it is doable. I have a black Jeep Wrangler, so no need for another.

A manual transmission was a must for me. Plus the A10 has I think $2100 gov't robbery tax vs. $1300. NAV was another must have for me, because I find it useful all the time. I like the integration better than using phone (others will debate this, but let's not go there). I hate the sunroof on the Camaro, as it ruins the beautiful roof contours with the double hump. With the sunroof it is boring flat roof.

Well, you certainly will enjoy the ZL1 and love what you are getting. I sure hope my splurge for a ZL1 vs. 2SS 1LE proves to be a good move, as I was uncertain if I wanted it. Don't really need the extra power and weight over the front. But it truly is a special car and you don't see many of them around. Will be more sparse when they stop building them.
Old 06-17-2023, 12:51 PM   #32
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
Black is an awesome color for a sports car and probably the most popular. Yes it requires extra work, but it is doable. I have a black Jeep Wrangler, so no need for another.

A manual transmission was a must for me. Plus the A10 has I think $2100 gov't robbery tax vs. $1300. NAV was another must have for me, because I find it useful all the time. I like the integration better than using phone (others will debate this, but let's not go there). I hate the sunroof on the Camaro, as it ruins the beautiful roof contours with the double hump. With the sunroof it is boring flat roof.

Well, you certainly will enjoy the ZL1 and love what you are getting. I sure hope my splurge for a ZL1 vs. 2SS 1LE proves to be a good move, as I was uncertain if I wanted it. Don't really need the extra power and weight over the front. But it truly is a special car and you don't see many of them around. Will be more sparse when they stop building them.
I agree, I think black is gorgeous on most vehicles. I just haven’t been brave enough to do that to myself again. Well, here we go.lol

Yeah the manual was a must in the early part of my search, but I honestly probably would’ve settled for the A10 on the right car/deal. The integrated nav will be nice but I would’ve been cheap and just used my phone. I don’t use nav enough to where it would be a huge deal. I also think it’s quite ridiculous to specify the charge in an already expensive -2023- top tier model. Why doesn’t it just come with nav? �� I’ve never noticed how the roof is different with the sunroof, but that is a good point. I do love the double hump roof through and black is the best color for showing the contours. I’ll be fine without a sunroof, but I like the extra light it allows in the cabin (I never actually open the sunroofs).

I don’t think anyone “needs” the extra power but it sure is fun. �� I feel the ZL1 will hold value the best as well. It is definitely a special car and you don’t see many at all.
Old 06-17-2023, 01:23 PM   #33
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Black looks the best when clean. But is a full time job keeping it clean.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 02:36 PM   #34
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Black looks the best when clean. But is a full time job keeping it clean.
That is the truth!